• Moose
  • Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

The Port at Dukkar

wallacet

port.jpg

A little east of the Faraquouh Canal lies the busy port of Dukkar. Easily the busiest sector of Okumara, ships travel through the port at all hours of the night, unloading and loading their cargoes for parts unknown. The port provides shipping support for all industries, including coal, cargo, oil, and liquified natural gas. Many of the residents in the area find employment here, as it is the only industry east of the canal.

port-1.jpg

teaser-1.jpg

A bridge coming out of the vast desert expanses of the island leads into a small spit of land where the natural gas ships are docked. Here, the liquid fuel is stored until LNG barges come to ship it elsewhere. The gas (although unbeknownst by the government), at the direction of the port foreman, is also used to power part of the port. If only the government were to find out....

part1.jpg

part2.jpg

The port was constructed by the US navy during the Vietnam war, as a port to load tanks onto amphibious assault ships headed for battle. The port covers most of the eastern shore of the city, and a small expanse of the western shores of a small island near by. The shipping lanes are tight, but no major accident has happened yet. Strict regulations have been in place since the port was constructed, and have been harshly enforced. The port is so far removed from the rest of the island's major centers of population that it essentially operates as a self-governed province.

lakebed.jpg

Rail lines stretch from the port into the desert to carry goods to the island's major cities. The desert sands are harsh on the rails however. Many lines have been lost to the desert, as the government often does not have the funds to repair the lines or even to maintain them. Many lines cross dried up lakebeds and rivers, where ships sunken with their cargoes are buried in the sands....

8 people like this

22 Comments

Nicely done... good job with adding the details that make the difference. :ducky:
1 person likes this

Share this comment

Very nice, love the ports and the railroad devastation
1 person likes this

Share this comment

Replies:
Schulmanator: Thank you for the compliments :ohyes:
TowerDude: You should get those eyes checked out. That can't be good. :lol: And thank you!
TekindusT: I appreciate it!
epigone, USA Patriot, Alejandro24, escilnavia: Thank you, it really means a lot. This is my first experience with photoshopping like this, so I'm glad to hear that you like it! :)

Share this comment

do u by chance know the links to the downloads you used. i love the way it looks
1 person likes this

Share this comment

morvau4: In all honesty, I really dont. The LNG containers, orange and white cranes, and most of the ships are SOMY ploppables that were downloaded from a Japanese site, and the port parts, like the blue cranes and the cargo containers were downloaded so long ago, I can't remember who makes them. Definitely got them off of the STEX though. Hope that helped.

Share this comment

Really nice but you should'nt put a container ship in a LNG terminal.

Share this comment