• Moose
  • Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

Mt. Plains

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
NMUSpidey

Mt. Plains was the first suburb I made for Port Matthew. At first it was about 1/4 town, 1/2 suburban, and 1/4 rural, but it has changed to about 1/4 city and 3/4 suburban. I've long since decided that Port Matthew is just not an agrarian society, and my building style reflects that. Anyways, I have no more before/after pictures because most of my Mt. Plains stuff from my old thread still remains the same. So, we'll look at some updated stuff, and I believe next week we'll have a few more things to look at in the southern section of Mt. Plains.

MtPlainsStationarea.jpg

The center of the town's economy is Mt. Plains Station. Across the street from the station is the Mt. Plains Station Shops, a department store with a variety of restaurants on the top floor, and past that is the Holmes Museum of Music, complete with an concert shell for exclusive (and expensive) shows.

MtPlainsdowntownpark.jpg

This particular park is near Mt. Plains Station. Called Central Park by locals, its real name is the Mishima Memorial Center Park, but that name is just a pain to say, so it got shortened. It's a popular place in the spring and fall for outdoor lunches for the workers in the nearby buildings when it's not rainy.

MtPlainsHS.jpg

Mt. Plains HS is home to the Foresters, and average football team that won the PM National Football Championship in the opening season for their state-of-the-art stadium a few years ago. They boast a large percentage of graduates attending Tokyo University, Harvard University, and the University of Marquette. The girls' volleyball team is always very good, as well as the boys' hockey team.

Suburbia.jpg

While not the ideal planning situation, subdivisions rapidly filled up the outskirts of the city. Developers bought up as much old farmland as they could and city dwellers eager for some personal space were happy to build.

Bypass.jpg

They built right up to the high tech facilities (where many of them work).

Tech.jpg

The labs and subdivisions share property lines with the shops that set up across town. Originally there were two sections of small shops, one in the east on the border with Port Matthew and one in the northwest leading to Schulman and the Royale Mts. National Park, but the shopping district has expanded greatly.

MPCC.jpg

These shops are next to Mt. Plains City College. Many of the thriftier students pay cut rates for basic classes and transfer (with some ease) to PMU or UMarq, depending on their academic standing. That's not to say PMU is a bad school, it just demonstrates how prestigious UMarq is.

That is all for our update tonight. Thank you for taking a look at my city journal, and I hope you all visit the old city journal section to take a look at the story of the Sensational Six!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

3 Comments

REPLIES!

escilnavia: Hehe, there is a big mountain in the northeast corner of this city tile, but it didn't make it into any of these pictures haha.

Schulmanator: The UMarq-PMU game is indeed a big event every year, although UMarq usually loses. Mt. Plains is famous in PM for sending such a large percentage of its graduates there.

Share this comment