Hong Kong SAR

• Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

Bank Of China

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TowerDude

bank_of_china_tower__cheung_kong_center_and_hsbc_hong_kong_headquarters_building__hong_kong__mar_06.jpg

Replies

Samerton : thank you, and yes thanks for all the help, the Al Jakkab map in particulary

9988 : Thanks it's nice but nothing could be done :(

TekindusT : I hope you like this :D

Evillions : Thanks, I hope this is good enough for you

Eugenelavery : Everything is possible

Mikeaut1 : Thanks :)

Kusajika Yachiru : lol :P

Hijodecordoba : Thanks

Efkin : Well HK 2. is back

Bank of China

29770155.jpg

Bank of China (BOC) Tower is located at No.1, Garden Road, a flourishing centre of activity in Hong Kong's business and financial core. The building was constructed over a period of four years and four months commencing in April 1985. Completed for occupancy in August 1989, the building was opened in May 1990,

59215637.jpg

towering 70 floors above the ground floor level and offering parking in four basement levels. The tower structure of 315 metres and two masts of 50 odd metres give the building its aspiring height of 367.4 metres – which, in 1989, made it the tallest in Hong Kong as well as the fifth by height in the world. It is still one of the tallest office buildings in Hong Kong.

52024555.jpg

The BOC Tower is a masterpiece of the world-renowned Chinese-American architect I.M. Pei. His inspiration for the building's construction was the elegant stature of bamboo, its sectioned trunk reaching higher and higher with each new growth. The Tower is symbolic of strength, vitality, growth and enterprise, representing Bank of China (Hong Kong)'s rapid development. The building is characterised by a harmonious blend of modern architecture with traditional Chinese design.

49930066.jpg

Its four prism-shaped shafts reflect the sun's rays like a glittering crystal. A geometrical work of art clad in a curtain wall of glass and aluminum, BOC Tower rises majestically from its Central location to command a spectacular panoramic view of the Victoria Harbour.

66808105.jpg

The BOC Tower has won many construction awards locally and globally. To name just a few, we have 2002 "Excellent" Award of Hong Kong Building Environmental Assessment Method; 1999 Ten Best Architecture in Hong Kong, HKIA; 1992 Marble Architectural Award; 1991 AIA Reynolds Memorial Award; 1989 Award for Engineering Excellence, ACEC; 1989 Certificate of Engineering Excellence, NYACE, etc. Its architect, Mr. Pei, also received the Smithsonian Institute's Cooper-Hewitt National Design Award for Lifetime Achievement on 10 October 2003, an honour bestowed upon him by the United States Government.

wbhk.jpg

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

16 Comments

Wow.. well.. it's great to see this back! Congratulations on getting HK back, and I look forward to seeing more updates from HK 2.0! :thumb:

Share this comment

It looks very nice, everything is excellent, except for the fact that the semi-cylindrical tower seems to be reflecting clouds when it should be reflecting ground. It does not matter, just very minor.

Share this comment

wow nice white buildings there.. i like them...could u give me a link where i could get them..

Share this comment