• Comments
  • Views

City of Rankine, NY

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TekindusT

Comment Replies

Evillions: Thank you for commenting!

Alejandro24: ¡Gracias por comentar! Seguro que el nombre de esta ciudad te suena de algo... I'm sure that the name of this city will ring a bell on you...

hijodecordoba: ¡Gracias por comentar!

ImVhOzzi: Thank you for your comment!

jj88: Thanks for commenting, hope you keep finding it realistic!

the00guvna: Thank you for your comment! I still don't feel confortable showing "bad" stuff inspired in my Favourite City in the World, but the good stuff stuff can be seen on the NYC recreations!

Roberto Robato: Thanks for your comment! As for your problem, just make sure you don't touch a transit enabled lot (a train station, for example) while placing your EL-rail (or trams, or GLR) network and you shouldn't have problems.

Benedict: Thank you for commenting! I love it too, it was the first thing that caught my eye when I saw this building pack in the LEX. I knew it before and I thought: "Some day I'll find a use for it".

Penguin1634: Thank you for your comment! I won't use them in my regular gameplay as they don't fit my regular style, but they look so good...

OrdinarySim: Eskerrik asko, Ander! I've been very very busy this days, I've only been able to show teasers and minor stuff, but finally a "full" update is coming!

Treka: Thank you for commenting! Capitol City? I think I've heard about it before...

Mithrik: ¡Gracias por comentar! It was so long ago...

----------------------------------------------------------------

banner1fa.jpg

Finally back to T&R! It's been some busy weeks and I've been working (in my free time) in some new stuff. I teased you all with some ideas I had on mind and I've developed them in a way that I feel they concentrate the best aspects that in my opinion we've seen here.

Let's take a brief look to the City of Rankine, NY.

69794497.jpg

Rankine is situated in north NYC, althought can't remember exactly where it is. It was first an industrial city, and the city expansion made a lot of population to move here during the 50's and the 60's.

16051323.jpg

rankineestates.jpg

The subway is one of the few things that work properly here, as it doesn't depend on Rankine. Subway services 2, 5 and 6 stop here, and stations are clogged every morning with commuters waiting for their train to go "to City".

24725902.jpg

The school, the only one in the whole City of Rankine, is placed in front of the church. You don't see much people during Sunday's masses in the church and you don't see much kids during weekdays at school.

Slashback and El Argentino like this
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

14 Comments

Very, very nicely start. I like it. And yeah, the Rankine Temperature Scale.

Lindo, muy lindo comienzo, me gusto. Y sí, el nombre de la ciudad es de la escala absoluta de temperatura llamada Rankine.

Share this comment

@[b]Roberto Robato[/b] & @[b]packersfan[/b]: You both can get the curved EL-rail station here [url="http://www.bripizza.net/sc4/index.html"][link][/url]. The explorer doesn't let me to give the exact link for it, but you only have to browse the BAT section and then go to "Transport". You'll find the station and plenty of interesting stuff here!

Share this comment

you have come back to the dark updates.. the miserable is clearly outlined and i don't want imagine to live there. it would be cool, if the school could have a shabby look.

Share this comment

Farewell to Krasnoslobodsk, it was a "special" city (so special you can't spell its name properly).
Welcome, Rankine, I wonder how you keep that factory from being offshored.
(I like the new twist, just to be clear.)

Share this comment

I like the look :) although the streets seem a bit empty in terms of traffic to me.

Share this comment