• Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

01: Erat - Update 2

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Alafel

Title.jpg

Welcome back to Erastide! And notice, the pictures are (slightly) fancier now!

Erat is in need of a few more people, so let's attend to that! The area to the west of downtown looks like a suitable space:

01-002-01.jpg

01-002-02.jpg

Above is the basic street layout. As you can see, we're extending the downtown across the avenue. Because I like walking, there's a walking trail throughout the neighborhood.

01-002-03.jpg

Zoning time! And a nice little pond right in the middle.

But that square needs a little attention, so...

01-002-04.jpg

Of course! What else would we put there but a plaza with fountains and Poseidon!

In retrospect (I'm running about a 20-update buffer here, so this was a while ago), I'm not too pleased with how this turned out. It bothers me that the texture under old Poseidon doesn't match the sandstone from the sidewalks and small plazas. What do you all think? I'm open to suggestions, as always.

However, we can't let a fountain get us down, and there are other areas that need our attention! Here we have...

01-002-05.jpg

01-002-06.jpg

...a charming little park, complete with playgrounds, a (small) bike loop, and gazebos!

Now let's see, what should we put here?

01-002-07.jpg

How about...

01-002-08.jpg

...a nice little community library!

01-002-09.jpg

...with parking and quiet reading areas, no less!

A final look at today's work before we let it "pop":

01-002-10.jpg

01-002-11.jpg

BOING!

Next time we'll have a look at that intriguing little plot off to the left...

Catch you later, folks!

1 person likes this
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

2 Comments

Nice update. I like these updates that show city development, and not just the finished product.

Share this comment

[b]epigone:[/b]
Thanks! Many of my favorite CJs show the development, so I take inspiration from them. Also I play so slowly that if I didn't show the development I'd have nothing to show! ;)

[b][i]NOTICE: Comments past this point may not be read! Please comment on the latest update instead to make sure I see it![/i][/b][i] (And mention which post you're talking about.)[/i]

Share this comment