• Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

01: Erat - Update 1

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Alafel

Title-1.jpg

Welcome back, friends! We finally get to see some actual development! Won't be anything too spectacular, but you have to start somewhere, right? Let's hop right to it!

Here's the general layout for the avenues in northern Erat:

01-001-01.jpg

See the circle? That's where we'll be starting.

01-001-02.jpg

Leveling the coastline for development. This is mainly because I'm OCD and I want my cities to follow certain Rules. (I expect you'll see plenty of evidence of this throughout the CJ.) Anyway, these leveler lots by Peg are really handy; you can get 'em HERE if you don't have them.

01-001-03.jpg

Another ridiculously useful terraforming lot! This is the Ground Lifter from smoncrie's Hole Digging Lots. Plop...

01-001-04.jpg

...and POP!

Let's move along before this whole CJ turns into an advertisement, shall we?

01-001-05.jpg

Well, that didn't take long, did it? Time flies when you're having fun!

Or when you're reading someone else's CJ and didn't have to plop all those accursed roads yourself. :P

Moving ON!

01-001-06.jpg

01-001-07.jpg

Well hey! Some actual zones! And here you were thinking we'd never get there at this rate! (Or was that just me?)

But houses alone don't make a city, do they? So...

01-001-08.jpg

Laying out the Eastern Erat downtown area. I don't expect most of this to grow for a good while, but I'm laying it out now anyway.

01-001-09.jpg

And of course, we need power!

01-001-10.jpg

Hum... there's something missing here...

01-001-11.jpg

AHA! Walking paths!

...except, these look hideous with my sidewalk mod. I love the walkways, but they just don't fit here!

Let's try...

01-001-12.jpg

Well, it's not perfect, but it'll do. I guess. There's nothing better in my plugins folder at the moment. Anyone have any bright ideas?

Side note: wondering why there's a street patch missing? That's the result of one of the Linux-related glitches. Basically I can't fight the auto-facing of lots - even if I rotate 'em, they turn back to the road when I click. I'm used to it by now, and it's still better than going back to Windoze. But let me tell you, it sure is a pain when I'm making some intricate transit interchange with dozens of NAM pieces and suddenly realize I have to bulldoze THE WHOLE THING in order to decorate it.

But wouldn't it be more sensible to just plop the decorations first?

Yes. Yes it would. And someday I'll learn to actually do it.

01-001-13.jpg

Here's the area, ready to grow! It's that tense moment just before we pop the popcorn...

Ladies and gentlemen...

I give you...

01-001-14.jpg

Voilà! The first development in Erastide!

(Okay, that lead-up was way more dramatic than it needed to be. Sorry about that. I'd promise not to do it again, but I don't like to make promises I won't keep. :P)

Let's wrap up the day with a little overview of the development so far, shall we?

01-001-15.jpg

Not much, eh? But Rome wasn't built in a day, and Erastide won't be either.

Until next time, take care folks!

1 person likes this
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

1 Comment

[b][i]NOTICE: Comments past this point may not be read! Please comment on the latest update instead to make sure I see it![/i][/b][i] (And mention which post you're talking about.)[/i]

Share this comment