Buruu Region

• Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

II: To RHW or not to RHW

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ZorusX

Greetings friends! I come to you with a mini-update of sorts. Not too much has happened overall in Buruu since the intro, but I did get 2 new mods: RHW and NWM. So far, I have not used NWM. However I did spend a good deal of time playing around with the RHW. I'll share the results a little further down. But first...

Comments

Coppertown2 - Thanks! Some areas are still very haphzardly complete, or more along the lines of my old style of play: zone only dense, 6x6 grid and pack 'em in. So far, I'm pleased with the results of the change in playstyle.

JGellock - Thanks for reading. The layout will definitely keep in this style as I expand. I'm not too sure what you mean by urban renewal in this case, but certainly there are areas to improve. The region views look fairly nice, and though Duffton is quite established, some of the other cities have problem I've yet to fix... but thats for another update!

Current Region View:

regionview2thumb.jpg

As you can see, not too much has changed. I've expanded Northburg and improved the high tech sector in the northwest of Buruu City. In addition, the highway between Xenoxos and Duffton has undergone some... experimentation with RHW.

Real Highway Mod Experimentation

First I want to tip my hat to the creators of this thing because, the results you can produce with it are simply amazing. Thanks guys! For me though, I'm just unsure if I want to take on the time investment. Maxis interchanges take about 3 seconds to plop. It took me about 3 hours to figure out and on/off ramp from avenue and you don't even want to know how long the trumpet interchange took. That said, I'm fairly pleased with the results! And here they are. My first RHW interchanges!

gremlinbasiconoff.jpg

gremlinxtrumpet.jpg

I already mentioned my first concern with RHW: time. But my second is: space. The on/off above is already pretty tight... and while it looks nice, I feel like it already takes up too much space. I prefer the look of highways really being tightly woven into the city, mostly because it preserves the look of density and doesn't break the city up into chunks. But on the other hand RHW looks great and realistic compares to the hideous maxis interchanges.

But what really concerns me about space is THIS:

dufftonelhw.jpg

How the devil I'm going to get RHW + interchanges through there I haven't the faintest, all the while preserving the CBD I worked so hard to build.

I'm definitely curious what you guys think about this situation. Questions and comments are welcome!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

1 Comment