• Moose
  • Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

The small coastal town of Moubasa

wallacet

A little to the north of the southern shores of the island lies the small village of Moubasa. The village began as a small market town where sailors stopping at ports further north could stop by to pick up or sell goods. However, many of the markets have since disappeared, due to increased violence from drug traffic. Shipping traffic past the lower part of the island has also slowed down due to the increased recent threats of piracy in the area.

coast.jpg

Many of the original residential buildings remain, such as old hotels and commerce offices. The main road through town was paved in 1970 by US marines to allow for easier transportation of tanks and oil trucks to the lower tip of the island. A few barracks were constructed as well, but they have since been converted to low-income family tenements, as many of the village's citizens are poor.

mosque.jpg

A small mosque also exists in the town. This mosque was constructed by Marines to appease the local population and encourage cooperation with the military forces that frequently passed through the town during their stop-over while the Vietnam War was occurring. Small cattle and goat farms dot the landscape and provide the locals with small amounts of income from trade.

dusk.jpg

As the sun goes down, the sleepy town settles in for the night. A few of the town's population makes their living here at night, as a lack of a police force lends the town to a semi-lucrative drug trail from the poppy fields of the north. Luckily the town is far removed from the majority of the island's population, so violence cannot spread so easily.

1 person likes this

12 Comments

Very nice, the city, though small, is great, and the flora aswell, the first pic is great, i actually played a bit with it
http://img151.imageshack.us/img151/2654/4wallacet.jpg

Epic update!
2 people like this

Share this comment

I'm not too good at photoshop, but I do like the slight blurring effect that you applied to it. What did you do to it?

Share this comment

@tower dude: Nice editing,

it looks great it reminds me of my C.J, Sultanate of Sotoa
1 person likes this

Share this comment

Lovely, Small but charming. And a nice story. Did you noticed the cow trying to escape in the second photo? That looks curious.

@wallacet: Take a look to this [url="http://www.simtropolis.com/forum/journals/1222/entry-9788-tutorial-photoediting-sc4-pictures-with-gimp/"]tutorial[/url], It is usefull for photoediting photos of SC4 for a CJ.
1 person likes this

Share this comment

too bad i don't see theres a seaport but nature and hoising is just wonderful =) ^^
1 person likes this

Share this comment

@testuser1234: The ports are a little further north....the water here is too shallow for most ships :P

Share this comment

Oh yeah, thats rocks :3 I loved the little town.
1 person likes this

Share this comment

i like the roads on the other side of the houses when it comes to the water front....road...then houses...then beach. its nice though
1 person likes this

Share this comment

cool resort...i have noticed that most cities are not cities at all anymore...no freeways or skyscrapers here, but nice sandy beaches.

want to see more!
1 person likes this

Share this comment

I love how natural the roads look! The goats are a nice touch, too. Overall very impressive!
1 person likes this

Share this comment