• Moose
  • Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

The all new UMarq!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
NMUSpidey

So, old UMarq was merely a Maxis university (which I really must say, isn't all that bad a design: it's actually quite nice). It's a bit too ubiquitous at this point, and I wanted to try something different, so I scoured the internet for a more suitable replacement and spent a number of hours on the following.

UMarqoverview2.jpg

We'll start with the overview. I'm really quite proud of this. It's big, it's well landscaped, and it's a fitting setting for a prestigious center of higher learning.

UMarqmainbldg.jpg

The entrance, with the Barkley Center theater across the street, and the main building, Carter Hall out front (bonus points if you can guess the comic book reference in the above sentence).

UMarqmainsquare.jpg

UMarq Square, where in the beautiful spring, summer, and fall months the students congregate to do homework, gossip, and attend all manner of campus life activities, from club sports to cultural festivals.

UMarqEngineering.jpg

The campus is home to a well-regarded theater department, and one of the very few places outside of Japan where kabuki is performed by those considered professionals in their art.

UMarqStadiumandStation.jpg

No university is complete these days without a major college football program, and this one is no different (although really, they're rarely any good, like Northwestern or Vanderbilt). The UMarq Spiders are usually below .500, but that doesn't stop their fans from filling the stadium every Saturday afternoon!

UMarqoverview.jpg

And our final overview of the campus, with its beautiful canal winding through, the classical architecture, and the terrible (but smart!) football team.

Thank you for watching. There may be a tale of high school romance in the Port Matthew suburbs in the works. Stay tuned to these pages and you'll see that I still have some surprises up my sleeve!

Nilo7 likes this
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

6 Comments

REPLIES YAY!

panthersimcity4: Thank you! I do too. I kinda made an island or two, too. I'm very happy with how the whole thing turned out.

Schulmanator: Thank you! Yes I am. We're in an incredibly beautiful place called Izu that is like a major tourist destination. We love it!

DCMetro34: Thank you! I wasn't sure how real I was making it, but I'm pretty glad it turned out this way. And, we are doing very well here:).

Share this comment