Followers 0
  • Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

Growing Pains, and a MTA subway train!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Nilo7

Evillions: Thanks much for your input! I don't think custom buildings are an option yet either, but I sure hope they become one. :)

-ICE-{man}: Your reasons are the exact same as mine! I do think we'll be able to create custom buildings someday, and CXL will get a lot of new players! Thanks for visiting! :D

Samerton: Thank you very much commenting! :)

Well, I did play some CXL over the weekend, and my city now boasts about a 500,000 person population. I have some traffic maps and satellite views (Fun to look at, I know :P ) to show everyone. The maps were taken at 400,000... and 500,000. This is just to show the growth of the city so far...... in the next few days, I'll take some zoomed in pics, and throw together a story about them, kinda like I've been doing.

My graphics card chipset >.< wasn't really cooperating this morning, so I couldn't take any detailed pics in high quality for you guys. I have been saving up for a while... and I am looking to buy a graphics card that I can plug into one of the expansion card slots on my laptop. If you guys know of any that work well with CXL, please don't hesitate to point me in that direction! As of now, I'm a little clueless. :P

So bear with me on the detailed shots (I know they're a much more enjoyable read). :)

Anyway, here is an aerial traffic congestion view at 400,000 inhabitants.

cxl_screenshot_newport_27.jpg

And, another at 500,000 citizens.

cxl_screenshot_newport_29.jpg

And, the accompanying satellite view for 500,000 people.

cxl_screenshot_newport_28.jpg

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As an added bonus (how car salesperson of me :P ) I'd like to show you some custom content I was working on.

It was an MTA subway train! :D

mta_train.jpg

It was a reskin of Skimbo's MARTA train, I believe. My only problem was.... when I went in game, this happened. >.< As you can see, the area of the car where the doors are s'posed to be is another texture.

mta_train_front2.jpg

mta_train_side.jpg

What I think the problem was, was that Skimbo's model had wider doors. So, in my model, it would have needed to take up the same amount of space, but my doors were actually smaller. So... that's the only reason I can think of, but again, if any of you guys have any ideas of what could be causing this; please, please don't hold back!

Of course, this isn't the final model of the train, but I wanted to show you guys to see if you had any insight into my problem. :)

Comments are always welcome, and greatly encouraged! :D And I also tip my hat to you if read this whole update!! :P

DC

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

3 Comments

Your pictures are so awesome, it tips the awesomeness scale upside down... so, your pictures are abysmal, which means your pictures are so good, its outstanding! :O
Nilo7 likes this

Share this comment