• Moose

Noki

• Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

A change of pace, rolling into Krōmebi...

ROFLyoshi

Replies:

@TowerDude, Vivpanda; I do draw some influence from Dutch style, as well as some German ideas. Copenhagen? I've never been there, thats interesting. And whilst I've never stopped in Basel, the few glimpses I got from the train was quite nice (I've been to Luzern and Bern).

@Heitomat: Thanks! This is my first try using RHW-6C in my cities, I needed it as it's compact and suits the inner city.

Done. Thanks for the link, you should see the change now.

@kakado_to_save: Thanks!

Did you think it was going to be all W2W old city? :no:

This is Krōmebi (literally 'Town on the Krōme'). A drive north of Noki, it is a popular weekend town known for its tranquility and scenery.

kromebinov3451304742599.jpg

The train station is the centre of town. Immediately to the north and west of the town is the national border. Henceforth, Krōmebi recieves many immigrants passing through. The Krōmebi Vanderehute (Krōmebi Immigration and Customes Building) was built to handle this. It now serves as offices.

kromebinov3451304742579.jpg

An Aral Petrol station, where motorist can refuel after long drives.

kromebinov3451304742621.jpg

Trucks on the B-14.

kromebiaug2481304743007.jpg

The Krōmetala (Krōme River).

kromebiaug2481304743181.jpg

Where the river meets the Remorabī (Remora Bay).

kromebiaug2481304742950.jpg

A small pebble beach that many enjoy, for swimming or walks.

kromebiaug2481304742992.jpg

Waves gently lap the shore...

kromebiapr3521304744130.jpg

Houses... rail... farms...

kromebiaug2481304742968.jpg

The Rock Monument, where one can get a good look over the town, the farms, and even to what Noki's northern neighbours are doing. :P

kromebipromo.jpg

Thanks for visiting!

5 Comments

Very nice update with sooo many great details! I love the area surrounding the ARAL gas station; the Repco building fits perfectly, and use of FARR is always something i like to see. Also, the riverbed, the beach and the transition to the sea is amazing! I've never quite managed such a seamless transition myself. Teach me, please. :yes: And to top it all, a stretch of STR in the final pic..! :drool:

Keep up the good work!

Oh, and yes: I do spot the Euro Car replacer. Looks much better! ;) (When you're at it, you might be interested in [url="http://www.simtropolis.com/forum/files/file/11186-peg-cop-car-mod/"]this mod[/url] as well - and [url="http://www.simtropolis.com/forum/files/file/20740-police-vans-matching-peg-cop-car-mod/"]this mod[/url] to accompany it.)
ROFLyoshi likes this

Share this comment

those are some pretty trees. It does remind me of looking at towns in northern europe in Google Earth, not all are densely packed W2W buildings. I suggest you use smaller rocks though. The big ones don't look like something you'd see on the shores of a peaceful river in a low lying area. They are more like what you'd find in a mountainous area.

But anyways, good job, I enjoyed looking at it.
ROFLyoshi likes this

Share this comment