• Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

Red Army

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
penguin1634

06header.jpg

If there's one thing that the Russians love, it's their military. Nowhere is their defense capabilities more obvious than at the various bases scattered across the barren landscape.

The journey to one of these high security places starts on a fifty year old railway.

pic01railwaytobase.jpg

The new comrade then gets his bunk in the barracks, which after processing is one of the first things a new recruit does.

pic02barracks.jpg

There are many training activities at this particular Red Army base. One such activity is the large firing range, where anything from using pistols to howitzers is practiced.

pic03fieldfiringrange.jpg

Parachute landings are practiced at the jump towers.

pic04parachutejumptower.jpg

Combat exercises are undertaken at a camp set deep in the Soviet wilderness.

pic06trainingcamps.jpg

Bunkers at the base house the important ammunition for the various instruments of war stationed at the facility.

pic07ammunitionbunkers.jpg

At this railyard, new tanks and armored vehicles are shipped in from the heavy industrial plants near the Russian Heartland.

pic08railstation.jpg

At this hospital, injuries from military exercises are treated.

pic09hospital.jpg

Lastly, at these warehouses, the bread and butter of the Red Army is housed: the tank. Thousands are kept for safekeeping at these storage buildings.

pic10armoredarsenal.jpg

It takes a lot of money and a lot of manpower to keep the Soviet Red Army going. After all, Mother Russia is always at threat from the imperialists of Western Europe and the United States.

--Replies--

TekindusT: Thanks for the kind words!

k50dude:Thank you! And yes, I know the stadium is a bit modern. I just didn't feel like finding a "soviet style" stadium :P

Schulmanator:They sure are! Well, they are when they're told to.

Andrey km:Thank you!

Mithrik:The propaganda is actually real propaganda used in the Soviet Union. Don't worry about translating, I don't speak Russian! Although, here in Wisconsin our winters are very "Sovietesque" :\

heitomat:Thanks! Like I said to Mithrik, it's real propaganda that I just 'shopped (or 'GIMPed) onto the screenies.

usfighter15:: Yeah, I'm just doing this CJ based on stereotypes and pictures from the internet on the USSR, as well as some of the things I've learned from doing reports and such. Glad you enjoy my CJ!

testuser1234: Thank you! Yeah, after the Soviet Union collapesed, Russia was faced with "true" prices (not artificially low), non-guaranteed employment and heavy foreign competition. I guess whenever you switch from state-run to privatized economies, you face some pretty big challenges.

Danholo:Thanks! Glad you like it!

urbanconstanta likes this
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

8 Comments

CJ concept: Excellent.
Story: Excellent.
Custom content: Excellent (even using BATs I had never seen)
Lot edition: Excellent.
Pics feeling: Excellent.

My eyes have popped again...
penguin1634 likes this

Share this comment

Great update - wow, a lot of military-related things I have never seen in a CJ before - parachute practice towers, bunkers... brilliant stuff.
penguin1634 likes this

Share this comment