• Comments
  • Views

Showing Off

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Schulmanator

cjmastheadtr1.jpg

Showing Off

Before I get to other business, a few folks asked me to show off a few more pictures of my trip to Arizona. So, a representative sampling of the journey will be shown below. With of course some SC4 stuff in it to stay legit. Let the games begin!

2a.jpg

First, I must leave my palatial estate to meet my throng of followers down at Simtropolis Park. Why not come along for the ride?

Resized to 79% (was 1024 x 819) - Click image to enlargev9.jpg

Plenty of available parking today… I wonder who will be coming by to see the pictures.

v12.jpg

I am setting up at one of the market stalls to do my slideshow. Come on over!

bbb7.jpg

I am starting now!

az21.jpg

Arizona Hwy 89A through the Oak Creek Canyon… it is even windier than the picture indicates… and those are switchbacks, not curlicues.

az22.jpg

A view of the intrepid Grand Canyon

az23.jpg

Another view of the Grand Canyon… several miles further down the road.

az24.jpg

You guessed it… the Grand Canyon!

az25.jpg

It sure is big!

az26.jpg

The Holy Grail of license plates! For those who enjoy trying to get all 50 states in a road trip, this is the hardest of them all. You would think Alaska and Hawaii, but I have seen double digits of those in the past year alone. It has been so long since I have seen a ND I forgot what they looked like. And, Craig, I vicariously add you to this trip so you can check it off on your list!

az27.jpg

Sunset at the canyon…

az28.jpg

Meteor Crater, not far off of I-40 between Flagstaff and Winslow, Arizona.

az29.jpg

Monument Valley, on the Navajo Reservation. Lots of cool rock formations like this one…

az30.jpg

And these!

az31.jpg

A tumbleweed! I think we were too amused over these. Got to see some actually tumbling…

az32.jpg

Treasure this one… it was a long and dusty ride out to Four Corners… the only such place in the US. Only one place can beat it:

Five_corners.png

az33.jpg

Now here’s a rare treat… a bald eagle sitting on its nest. How often do you see this? This was long the Verde Canyon Railroad line.

az34.jpg

The coolest cacti ever. I think I was overly amused by these guys too. I love how they just hold their arms up like they’re in a bank robbery.

bbb2.jpg

That’s the end of the show… hope you enjoyed it. And now, back to the parking lot.

i02.jpg

And now back to the secret factory where I make all of the Schulmania updates… see ya soon!

3rXU8c4Lsn1.png

.jpg

Slashback likes this
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

8 Comments

[b]REPLIES[/b]

[i]NOTE: All replies above this are now added to post count totals for rank and awards.[/i]

[b][color=blue]LastTrueChamp[/color][/b] Thanks! We referenced the episode on our way out there, so I had to use it. And, welcome to Schulmania. Please do come back again soon.

[b][color=blue]Scott1964[/color][/b] Thanks! I had a great time there and am pleased that I got to see everything on my list and that the weather was great. I am glad you enjoyed seeing the pictures. And, welcome to Schulmania. :D

[b][color=blue]ImVhOzzi[/color][/b] [i]Tak![/i] I do like to add a little extra to Schulmania now and then. And it is good to know that the readers like seeing it as well.

[b][color=blue]9988[/color][/b] Really? Cool! We are Canyon Twins!

[b][color=blue]Heitomat[/color][/b] Thanks! And with the 4 hour round trip from Monument Valley to Four Corners, we had plenty of time to reminisce about the Simpsons episode… so including it here was a must!

[right][right] [/right][/right]
[right][right][Volume 3 Update #162][/right][/right]

Share this comment

[IMG]http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z141/Schulmanator/2011%20Default/replies-bank.jpg[/IMG]

[b] [/b]

[b]REPLIES[/b]

[i]NOTE: All replies above this are now added to post count totals for rank and awards.[/i]

[b][color=blue]Craig[/color][/b] Life imitates art… or vice versa!

[right][right][Volume 3 Update #162.2][/right][/right]

Share this comment