Sign in to follow this  
  • Entries
  • Comment
  • Views

Afen - The City of Light

hohohola

So my journey went on. Travelling through the wood I spent days, the path was rough and disused, built long ago by the founders of the Skilpholt village. It went through hills and valleys. So I past the first village, Gwenholt, a little bigger than Skilpholt, being in a deep valley, near a spring. The poeple there are nice and welcoming to guests, as soon as people knew about my purpose of travelling through the country, I was offered a place to sleep and a good meal. The people there were amazed when I told them where I had been born.

In that way I walked for two weeks and a day and as I went on I started to hear more and more often the name of Afen. I had heard of it in one of my favourite tales, but I saw it too impressive to be true. But, there I was, at a week's walk from it, the City of Light, home of many brave legendary characters, fair city full of life.

I was recommended to follow the river Eowdir, in the shores of which lies the city of Afen. I followed the suggestion and it turned out well: In a week's time I was arriving in the city. Completely amazed and captivated by the beauty of the city.

Afen2.jpg?t=1304557259

The Old Town and the Red Wood

The first sight of the city is the old town, the first stone houses of the city and a huge statue of Gwaillen the Great, founder of the city.

Afen6.jpg?t=1304557259

The Library on the banks of the river Eowdir

Afen8.jpg?t=1304557259

The First Bridge over Eowdir

Afen7.jpg?t=1304557259

A boulevard during automn

afen3.jpg?t=1304557259

A Park at Night

0 Comments

Recommended Comments

There are no comments to display.