• Comments
  • Views

History/Facts & Teasers

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TowerDude

sahara-desert.jpg

REPLIES

Samerton : thank you ! here is some more !

pigout123 : héhé thanks, I hope I won't dissapoint you

Giseth : Here it is :O

Evillions : awww thanks !, I know it's not all rich, don't worry there is a lot of rich but there are slums, in the Al Kumhra District... you shall see :P

testuer1234 : Thanks !

hijodecordoba : Indeed, since the recovery happened when I was in holidays I played like a madman

halenbyname : Thanks ! :D

Wallacet : I see you started yours, though it looks more african, but there is space for more CJ's on the middle east !

Exla357 ! Thannnnnnnnks!

k50dude : Thanks, oh and these trees yeah :whatevs::P

udayawi : Thanks here is some more!

nick69st you want the link to it, it's here just look up for "dubai" on the stex or "burj"

History and Facts

flag

cjflag.jpg

Nation Name (Longest Official form) : The Emirate of Al-Hussein-Jakkab

Nation Name (Native Form) : Al Jakkab

National Anthem : Ibn Yousef Hamela

Capital : Al Jakkab city

Government : Emirate

Head of State : Mohammed Ibn Al Samir, known as Al Samir

Population : 2.500.000

Area : 50.000 sq.km

Climate : Desertic

GDP : 200B$

HDI : 0.865

Left Hand Drive

Internet TLD : .aj

Telephone Code : 0039

Geography

Al Jakkab in the eastern part of the Arabian Peninsula, extends along part of the Gulf of Oman and the Western coast of the Persian Gulf. Its neighbors are Saudi Arabia to the west and south, Qatar to the north, and Oman to the east. Most of the land is barren and sandy.

Government

State formed by 5 smaller emirates known as Al Sima, Qualo, Abu Al Suri, Al Koba and Kum-Al Mamun. In addition to the state Emir and his prime minister, each smaller emirate has a separate ruler who oversees the local government.

History

Originally the area was inhabited by a seafaring people who were converted to Islam in the 7th century. Later, a dissident sect, the Carmathians, established a powerful sheikdom, and its army conquered Mecca. After the sheikdom disintegrated, its people became pirates. Threatening the Sultanate of Muscat and Oman early in the 19th century, the pirates provoked the intervention of the British, who in 1820 enforced a partial truce and in 1853 a permanent truce. Thus what had been called the Pirate Coast was renamed the Trucial Coast. The British provided the 5 Emirates states with protection but did not formally administer them as a colony.

The British withdrew from the Persian Gulf in 1981, and the and the became a federation called the Al Jakkab Emirate {AJE).

Kum Al-Mamum posseses has a special situation and is a Special administrative Region

The country signed a military defense agreement with the U.S. in 1994 and one with France in 1995.

After the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks on the U.S., the AJE was identified as a major financial center used by al-Qaeda in transferring money to the hijackers . The nation immediately cooperated with the U.S., freezing accounts tied to suspected terrorists and strongly clamping down on money laundering.

Sheikh Mohammed Ibn Al Samir, the founder of the AJE and ruler of the federation since 1981, died in Nov. 2004. His son succeeded him. In Jan. 2006, Sheik Abd Allah bin Hussan, the prime minister of the AJE, died. A public vote instaured Al Kuma bin Dhabi Samir

Teasers

Here are some snipits on were we will go on this City Journal

Al Andalusi, the desertic oasis

alalamx.jpg

Al Mulki, The heart of the AJE

almulki.jpg

The Al Jakkab Marina, Poetic waves to sail on

54507038.jpg

Palm Al Samir, A palm out of the sea

palmz.jpg

On saturday we will see the Al-Burj Tower in Al Jakkab City, see you then !

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

9 Comments

a-w-e-s-o-m-e! DUDE! this is brilliant! WONDERFUL pictures! This CJ is one of the best! Yani, thats true! Cant wait fo Saturday :D Gongrats for making such a beautiful CJ!

Share this comment

Wow.. this is BRILLIANT! These are some great pictures you're showing us, and I love the feel to the city!

Share this comment

AMAZING AGAIN!!! BEAUTIFUL CITY, although I find the flag a little bit chaotic...a few things to fix but yeah... :whatevs:

Share this comment

the water effect is great, but imo the waves are a little bit to huges, like overscaled. fatastic work on the beach scene though :thumb:

Share this comment