Followers 0
  • Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

Some Aerial Views, and What I'm Up To

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Nilo7

It's been a good while since my CXL or SC4 CJ update; a few months by now, I s'pose. I have played both SC4 and CXL for a long time (was in the original CXL 2009 beta, in fact), and I like them both. To be honest, I would probably play CXL a lot more if we could just create more custom content for it (i.e. buildings, mods, etc.). As a matter of fact, I am not really sure what stage the whole "figuring out how to put 3ds models into the game" process is at, but if someone does now about, I'd be very thankful if you dropped a comment bringing me up to date with the situation.

At the turn of the year, the CXL forums seemed active, but lately, there hasn't been much activity. I know that the CXL forum site that Focus Home runs is much more active, but I'd really like to get some life back into these forums and CJs.

So, I dug up some aerial pics that I haven't posted yet, and I'd like to share them with you. They're nothing special, but it'll give ya something to look at in case you read my little rambling above.

Hope you all enjoy, and I hope I can work myself back into these forums and CJs, and hopefully spark some excitement in them. :)

cxl_screenshot_newport_1.jpg

cxl_screenshot_newport_9.jpg

Take care,

DC

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

3 Comments

I don't think you can make custom buildings for CXL. That's the only reason I don't play CXL just for that reason. I've played the CXL 2009 Beta and really, it's not that impressing to me. I find it too much like City Life but more stuff.

Anyway, nice start! :thumb:
Nilo7 likes this

Share this comment

More CitiesXL CJ's! I also played the 2009 beta. My main reason to play CitiesXL is the freedom you get in all orientations, you're not restricted to a grid. And ofcourse the 3D environments. I agree with you though, if there was more custom content, I would play a lot more. There are some unlocker mods on the forums which offer some more content.

I'm working on a city in citiesxl (see my CJ) which shows what I mean, and will hopely spark more enthousiasm :thumb:
Nilo7 likes this

Share this comment