• Moose
  • Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

Serindriea

_marsh_

(You may have seen this elsewhere, but I'm copying this over to Gansbaai, because it forms as a lead-up to something. ;) )

banneruo.jpg

A world in anguish. Serindriea, 1948. The dawn of a new millennium is closing in. People move to this, "beautiful" city every day. Beautiful, I can argue that. This city is hell. Although I have never seen the outside of the city since I was 6, It's safe to amuse we live in a pit of despair. Living in the slums of the city. Well... the entire place is a slum. The wealthy live in the hills. The only wealthy being those favored by the duke. A borderline Tyrant of the city. Following blindly, the people love him. I mean, just throw a few extravagant parties ever year and you can win over the love of the people.

picbw.jpg

6 years old, when I came here. Then it was nothing more then a few shacks along the riverbed in beautiful forest. Now it is a hellhole. So many factories. A blight place. The contamination is so intense it feels like twilight, even during the day. The air feels like an anchor. Clenched by soot from textile mills and Steel Furnaces. 20 years I've lived here. I don't want to stay much longer.

piccsy.jpg

There used to be small mills. Built from wood, and with shingle roofs. But now massive facilities have taken those over. And smokestacks tower over the city. Across the river many of these still stand. I go there often; to remind me of simpler times. The Oak and Maple trees give the sense of the country side.

pical.jpg

The river is a relativity calm one. Only roars in the early spring months after the snow melt. It serves as a good waterway for many ships. Very many, in fact. It's a very busy waterway. The numerous bridges along it don't help much either. Theres massive steel bridges, suspensions, as well as one large rail drawbridge. Famous for it's treacherous location. The ports are almost exclusively industry. But a few unlucky people live down there. And I thought my "home" was bad.

pice.jpg

picfn.jpg

The city boomed as soon as Duke Piarnon Agustine made this his home, after leaving the capitol, Athenea. A strong fierce man. Threatening and tyrannical. Tall with a noticeable scar across his neck. He wasn't always this way. He used to be a great man, when he first came here that is. But power changes people. It can change anyone.

He lives in the hills. Away from the grime and grit of the city. Since living there he has lost his cares for Serindriea. A beautiful place. Trees swaying in the wind, the creeks slowly trickles by. It's easy to loose your cares up there.

picdh.jpg

27 Comments

Way too beautiful!!! :O Great work with everything, I love the picture editing in this update and also your forests and the land in general. Such great attention to detail, one of the best CJ out there today!!! Keep up the great work!
_marsh_ likes this

Share this comment

[img]http://www.simtropolis.com/forum/public/style_emoticons/default/31.gif[/img] I am very speechless! I wish I could do something that good! Awesome job!
_marsh_ likes this

Share this comment

I really love the way you put those flora...they look so realistic! You are a master of photoshop. I really love the second pic. :]
_marsh_ likes this

Share this comment

It's a wonderful CJ!
I like everything of it, the choice of the buildngs, their placement, the details, the image manipulation...i'm only a little bit puzzled about the refinery right in the middle of the downtown...
Sure, many industrial cities had plants near or very close to downtown, but it's very unlikely that even the oldest and grimyest industrial city had large plants in the middle of downtown...maybe very very close to it, but never inside it.
_marsh_ likes this

Share this comment

mikeaut1, Image, Reikhardt, penguin1634, Plane-Crash, kench, heitomat, Coppertown2, Lugnuts, ICE{man}, Paulobergonci, dabadon5, matheaus & MN121MN: Thank you all. :D

J_Chan777: I forget exactly where. I know it's on the LEX though.

Francis90b: I know. This isn't totally based on realism. Example; there also would not be a major naval/trading port on a river that small. :P It's more based on a steampunk style, partially. ;)
Toothless Stitch likes this

Share this comment

Wow! I love the development along the river or bay, whatever that body of water is! Is that game water or plopped water? becuase I love how you have like gravel and flora on the edges. Absolutely beautiful!
_marsh_ likes this

Share this comment

JCmustng11: Game water. ;) And thankyou.

usfighter15: (Yes) For me it's just a steamship. :)

jsainth: They're mayor-mode ploppable trees. Look at my update "Flora Work in Al Aauim" for some tips. It takes practice for the placement. ;) And thank you for the comment. :)
Toothless Stitch likes this

Share this comment

:ohyes: man you are the king of cj's
The details in your photoshop's are absolutley astounding and the overall layout of your city including all those little pieces of street cluter where amazing . this is a great new way to look at city's and please add some more soon. :bunny:
_marsh_ likes this

Share this comment

halenbyname: Thank you. I appreciate the comment. :)

chrizter86: Thanks. :)

paris: Thats photoshopped. ;)

liberater444: They're by "rivit". Just search his name. ;)

Share this comment