• Moose
  • Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

Digos City (An overview)

kench

digosbanner.jpg

WELCOME to DIGOS CITY!

Digos is one of my personal favorite city that I have made so far in SC4. This was made into completion during my On Job Training in the National Capital Region of our country (Philippines). That was my first time to travel in Metro Manila and hence I have decided to create my own version of those cities I have visited. That was the only moment I realize that even if my country is considered as "third world", we do have a lot of cities which is highly urbanized and competitive. Third world countries do not always imply poverty but rather a nation whose economy is still growing and is striving to become stable. :]

So much for those lessons... let's concentrate to this update. Digos City, on the other hand, is an existing city in Southern Mindanao whose economy is very high. Budget surplus always occur every year for 30 consecutive years. Its urbanized city has brought them to the list of top cities in Mindanao in terms of economy and was awarded as the "Most Peaceful City in Asia" and have given the responsibility to host the 3rd National Football League last December 2010.

This is an overview of the entire Digos City. As you can see, it is just a medium-tile city with only a few skyscrapers and a lot of low buildings. Cities in Mindanao are not filled with skyscrapers, but the presence of such is an indication that the city is highly progressive.

digoslabel.jpg

My dearest audience... let the other picture say something for you... :D

financialdistrictday.jpg

jplaurelave2day.jpg

durianstadiumday.jpg

cjc.jpg

digoscity.jpg

ncccmallday.jpg

rotunda.jpg

...and finally the Catchment Area which I have already published last year.

catchment.jpg

...some nightshots...

financialdistrictnight.jpg

durianstadiumnight.jpg

ncccmallnight.jpg

jplaurelavenight.jpg

digoscitynight.jpg

THANK YOU EVERYONE FOR VIEWING! Let's have a closer look on those parts of the city in my next update. I hope everyone likes this entry...

header1u.jpg

2 Comments

Awesome city, beautifully laid out, and not too big. All the buildings complement each other nicely. If you ever expand the financial district check out "bank of america plaza" by scotty222, it looks like it will blend in nicely with your city. Only criticism is I think Durian Stadium might look better if you go with a custom stadium from stex. There's a lot of nice ones. Either way, great job!

Share this comment