• Comments
  • Views

Patriotism

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
penguin1634

entry4header.jpg

Things are dull in the C.C.C.P.

In order to keep spirits high, the government floods the senses with propaganda and patriotic colors and flags. Most of all are the famous missile parades, the universal sign of a dictatorship.

pic01mainsquareparade.jpg

On game day at a modern soccer arena, flags drape the sides of the stadium.

pic02flagadornedstadium.jpg

Even on the sides of brick tenements, brainwashing tactics penetrate the minds of the Soviet people.

pic03tenementwithpropag.jpg

At the factories, patriotism is inspired so the workers produce more to power the mighty Soviet economy.

pic04smelterwithpropaga.jpg

Yes, in Soviet Russia, propaganda is very important because it inspires patriotism.

Patriotism provides that extra boost to keep the rusty gears of communism running smoothly.

After all, that's what Lenin would have wanted.

--REPLIES--

Mikeaut1: Thanks! I know that the Soviet style has been used before, but I wanted to put some more grit and story into it.

Benedict: Thank you!

Pan Gierek: Just plain old SPAM! Nice, isn't it?

SimHoTToDDy: Thank you so much. That really means alot coming from you, the Soviet CJ King!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

12 Comments

Tekindus I couldn't agree more :P

The photoshopping is awesome! The stadium seems a little off for the time period (unless this is a modern-day Soviet Union?) but besides that, this is on it's way to being best commie journal I've seen since SimHotTodDy's! :)

Great work!
penguin1634 likes this

Share this comment

I like it really much, is excellent work, and that is also really historically accurate (the propaganda).

Keep up the good work.

Or in Russian:

Следите за хорошую работу.

(Sledite za horoshuyu rabotu.)
penguin1634 likes this

Share this comment

Incredible update. I love these Soviet CJs, and yours is no exeption. Great photoshopping too! Those giant posters look very realistic.
penguin1634 likes this

Share this comment

These pics are fantastic!

It took me a while to understand Soviet culture, but now that I do, this CJ pretty much reflects Soviet life accurately.
penguin1634 likes this

Share this comment

ironically those times was better than today for most (or atleast a half) of people who live that former territory =)

but nice and interesting theme anyway!
penguin1634 likes this

Share this comment

'brainwashing tactics' o.O

I didn't realize Simtropolis was a site for political debates... Maybe your perfect cities look perfect just because of 'brainwashed' architects that originally created the buildings within. I say maybe... :)

This is not right place to condemn either communism or capitalism, so I hope we will all stick to the game, that's why we are here.

p.s. I like your pics. :)
penguin1634 likes this

Share this comment

[quote name='bane83' timestamp='1305292250']
'brainwashing tactics' o.O I didn't realize Simtropolis was a site for political debates... Maybe your perfect cities look perfect just because of 'brainwashed' architects that originally created the buildings within. I say maybe... :) This is not right place to condemn either communism or capitalism, so I hope we will all stick to the game, that's why we are here.p.s. I like your pics. :)
[/quote]
Well that is the definition of propaganda. Biased information used to sway the minds of the masses.
Glad you liked the pics though :D

Share this comment