• Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

Update 29: Hauereichen - A Bedroom Community

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Nardo69

Hello at All!

It has been a while since I posted, partially due to really bad RLS, partially because I haven't played the game for a while. and I must confess I miss the previous post editor ... :(

Update 29: Hauereichen - A Bedroom Community

pic02901.jpg

Hauereichen is a small suburb of my small megalopis. It has some nice villas, some prefab blocks, not much commerce, a little bit of industry and farming and lots of woods. Actually the woods brought me back to game - I just had to try out the new HD seasonal trees by Girafe (even though I used the evergreen ones - I am still the same slow, stubborn oldfashioned donkey that needs its time for new tricks ...)

pic2902.jpg

The "urban" part of the map. The Glr-in-Ave separates prefabs from the villa. You can also see the CBD and industrial area.

pic2903.jpg

From an different Angle. It took some time to get the prefabs grown as I wished but it was worth it!

pic2904.jpg

The "CBD". The main function of Hauereichen is Residential - a typical bedroom community at the edge of town.

pic2905.gif

That was kind of a hard NAM jigsaw. All Glr-in-Ave and TuLEP pieces are somehow glued together, remove one and the whole intersection will be gone. In addition to this the GLR station was the reason for some CTDs: it is modded for draggable GLR but here the short distance only allowed GLR puzzle pieces ...

pic2906.jpg

Usually something like that would have been my "after" - picture. But the whole quarter here is rather new - somewhere in the middle of 20th century - so the old buildings didn't fit.

pic2907.jpg

And this is usually the "before" - situation... But together with the industrial area on the other side of the avenue these buildings just do better.

(and yes, that corner building could have been replace, too, but I just like it).

pic2908.jpg

I just love how that school and the profab com together! :wub:

pic2909.jpg

OK, Journey meant the sun in their rock classic - but somehow the line just fits. :golly:

pic2910.jpg

Here you can see the woods that I created mostly with the new trees from Girafe - to the left all new trees (that are available evergreen and seasonal) and at the top and to the left combined with his old pine trees and cp.s pine trees.

Incredible but unlike Simfox's trees you can create a rather dense woods only with Girafe's maple without all props becoming one monotone mesh!

pic2911.jpg

All kind of forrests. The edges of the forests still are the domain for Simfox's trees as you can place them more exactly than Girafe's ones.

That's my belated easter present for you - hope you liked it.

Have fun!

Bernhard :thumb:

vinlabsc3k, Slashback and Mikeaut1 like this
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

8 Comments

Fantastic, once again!

This update is even greater as you say you've grown the prefabs "naturally" instead of plopping them (as I would do...).

And as you're a member of the NAM Team, I assume you're testing these GLR stations; may I ask if they (specially the diagonal one) are going to be released soon or are still being tested?

Share this comment

I'm so glad this city journal is still around!! Excellent work, Nardo, great attention to detail and wonderful transportation networks in this city! :thumb: I agree with Samerton, each city of yours is unique and very original!

Share this comment

I love all the trees and nature, and the GLR line is fantastic! The diagonal station that slips by around that corner looks very nice too...

Great job!

Share this comment

Great to see another update from you, Bernhard, and it sure looks fantastic. The diagonal GLR stations look great! And I know what a test of patience it can be waiting for the right lots to grow, but in the end it's all worth the wait.

Share this comment

hiya bernhard my friend i hope you and your family are well.i see your still doing fantastic work.as allways great cj.

Share this comment