• Views

Update Nine: Contrast

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
2b2gbi

u9head.jpg

Here's a map for your Reference:

insulomapa.jpg

Today we'll start with a mosaic from San Sebastian, just to set up the contrast:

lastalcelagomos.jpg

Now we move to a very different place, the former Capital of Insulo, Cxefurbo. Cxefurbo is a planned city, and the original phase build in 1947 after the Viboras Swamps were drained. The city was designed to be inexpensive and simplistic, the realization of the utopian dreams of the Insulonian National Party. In 1971, the outer levee broke, and now the swamps have reclaimed large tracts of the city.

Welcome to the Swamps:

cxefurbo1.jpg

When man attempts to outdo nature, well you can see who won (Mosaic):

cxefurbo2mos.jpg

On the other side of the wall we see a typical, gloomy day in Cxefurbo:

cxefurbo3.jpg

So much concrete (mosaic):

cxefurbo4mos.jpg

cxefurbo5.jpg

Hope you liked this contrast to other parts of Insulo. I really do enjoy doing things that are different, being one dimensional is just so boring, and I want to like the game. It is after all a game, even if I use it more like a canvas.

-Jon

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

21 Comments

Looks like a communist city that is deserted and in decay. in sharp contrast with the capatilist skyscrapers. Would like to see Cxefurbo get renovated and turn into a prosperous city! Great update
2b2gbi and mylife.103 like this

Share this comment

Beautiful work, your mosaics are incredible!! I love your use of the walls too, great terraforming for a busy downtown!! Keep up the great work! :thumb:
2b2gbi likes this

Share this comment

A realy great update. My favourite is the last pic, it got a real good feeling of how is life there =)

Sadly traffic is missing at the first mosaique.
2b2gbi likes this

Share this comment

Whoa, stunning... With this update, you're reaching the level of the grime masters that inspired me for my CJ; and now, I think I have another person to get inspiration from. Thank you for this update!
Slashback and 2b2gbi like this

Share this comment

Woah! Why don't I pop in here more often? I love that first pic you got there, especially the contrast of the skyscrapers to that mansion! Love it!
2b2gbi likes this

Share this comment

i especially like the last picture. the W2Ws are greatly alined and the patio with the parkings fits perfectly. the buidings are looking good too. the one with the front on construction is interesting.
2b2gbi likes this

Share this comment

It's very amazing. The perfect picture. The city and buildings are looking good. eheh I see the polish accent too. I mean House of Book "Dom Książki". This building is in The West Poland in City of Poznań....:)
2b2gbi likes this

Share this comment