• Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

Alvarez - the Jesuit City

Sign in to follow this  
panthersimcity4

Welcome again to San Pedro. This is kind of a short update in Alvarez. (Pronounced Alvareth by locals... as is similar in many regions of Spain, San Pedrians often pronounce "c" and "z" as "th") It is a small town located in the central valley of the island of San Pedro. (I've remade it, since the older one was less detailed and kinda boring imho. :P )

alvareth3cf.jpg

alvarezl.jpg

It is called "The Jesuit City" because of the Jesuit church in the center of the town. The church, St. Ignatius, was built in the 16th century as a center for the Jesuit order in San Pedro.

alvarez5.jpg

The Jesuits were prominent in San Pedro's trade and evangelization efforts in other nations. However, they were suppressed later on due to their accumulation of power and wealth, which rivaled the rule of the crown.

alvarez3.jpg

Aside from the Jesuit church, there are hidden streets that contain small shops and restaurants.

alvarez9.jpg

alvarez6fg.jpg

And finally, a view of the Alcázar de Calvario.

alvarez7g.jpg

Thank you for reading!

Sign in to follow this  

9 Comments

Recommended Comments

Wow this is so great!! I love how green the land is, along with the sparse development surrounded by nice farmland! Awesome attention to detail, and nice road layout in those little villages! :thumb:

Share this comment

nice work on the river bridges. the rural and typical feeling of your san Pedroen towns is emitted again :) i especially like the representative buildings like churches and stuff.

Share this comment

Paulobergonci: Thanks! Those towns sound interesting, I'll have to look them up!
Evillions: Thanks :)
TekindusT: ¡Muchas Gracias! Wow, the best?? :O
Sky Guy: Thanks as always!! :)
Mikeaut1: Thanks!!
Schulmanator: Oh, there's plenty of nice little family-run inns in the town, or even a Algriculturismo-ish bed & breakfast at one of the local farms.
hijodecordoba: Thanks, I definitely love mediteranean buildings and churches. Unfortunately I'm starting to run out of unique churches to use :P
Reikhart: Thanks for the compliments!

Share this comment