New Chandler III

• Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

Rockaway: City of Magic

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
k50

CLICK ON IMAGES FOR FULL SIZE! (they are around 1380 pixels wide each, and they are all .jpeg's, much better than the cruddy ones you get on the forums!)

69bc16ad.png

Rockaway is a city of colors and passion.

8dce5202.jpg

A city of colorful buildings, short to tall.

10583d4a.jpg

A city of high spirits and fun times, all year long.

c651e0c6.jpg

It's a city known for color, from the smallest houses...

2b064462.jpg

....to the tallest skyscrapers.

be4b6bef.jpg

Easter Sunday is imminent, the holiest day in a Christian's mind. The Rockaway Cathedral is expected to have major lines around the block to get in tomorrow morning (yes, I have been to a church where this has happened. I am inspired people!)

82b206ee.jpg

Get there by taking a train from Hortaleza Park Station, accessible by taking an underground tunnel under a freeway interchange from a bus stop on Hortaleza Avenue.

272f2500.jpg

Or take a ride back home....

b434c764.jpg

Whats that? You want a nighttime tour?

(btw, I am going to uninstall the Uniform Lighting Mod. With my lighting technique I already had, the ULM made the streets much too bright. Sorry about this.)

37432579.jpg

The cathedral, one day before Easter.

9d9eb678.jpg

Downtown Rockaway, the iconic finishing touch in the pristine coastal valley.

92ffec69.jpg

Thanks for viewing this entry, hope to see you soon!

Mikeaut1 and guilhermeskate34 like this
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

17 Comments

...I observe that you have very bright street lights. :D I think you must have installed the "USL_Lights_LightCones_Bright.dat" from the Uniform Street Lighting (USL) Mod... I suggest you check it out and install "USL_Lights_LightCones_Uniform.dat" instead. It looks better. :yes:
k50 likes this

Share this comment

Nice work! Very beautiful! Where did you get the elevated train station, those beautiful custom single homes, and some of your unique downtown buildings??! Let me know haha! And Great, great, job!!
k50 likes this

Share this comment

that look's wonderful waht you build, and the light by night looks so amazing, it's a beautiful city!!
k50 likes this

Share this comment

Wow really nice work!! This is such a colorful city, with a lot of custom content and really nice attention to detail! :) Keep it up!!
k50 likes this

Share this comment

[img]http://i822.photobucket.com/albums/zz150/k50dude/49335daf.png[/img]
[b]TekindusT:[/b] Thanks for the comment, my friend; I must agree with you there!
[b]Andrey km:[/b] Thanks for the comment, glad you liked them!
[b]Wuste81:[/b] Thanks for the comment. As for that building, I lost the link. I'll fire off a PM to you as soon as I can find it (I have had a few people ask for it). Look for it this week.
[b]Builder Lauron:[/b] Thanks for the comment, glad you liked it!
[b]kench:[/b] Thanks for the comment, I've uninstalled the entire mod, since I had a "glow" night effect that did that job for me. Thanks for the advice though!
[b]Simtof:[/b] Thanks for the compliment!
[b]JCmustng11:[/b] Thanks for the comment, the elevated rail station is at the bottom of [url="http://blog.livedoor.jp/moonlinght/archives/cat_59226.html"]Moonlight's website[/url], the homes are there as well, as well as on [url="http://descargas.capitalsim.net/?sitio=csc&descarga=750"]Capital SimCities[/url]. A good chunk of the downtown buildings are by Ill Tonsko, but if you want specifics, let me know.
[b]siso43:[/b] Thanks for the compliment!
[b]dabadon5:[/b] Thanks for the comment. I'd like to be in this city if it was real too (but only because it's a lot hotter there then it is in Oregon right now).
[b]Mikeaut1:[/b] Thanks for the compliment!
[b]warrior:[/b] Thanks for the comment, glad you liked the futuristic look!
[b]PhillyDan:[/b] Thanks for the comment, I am glad you liked the HD pictures. You are going to be seeing much more of Rockaway in the future, though the downtown is done.

Future comments are welcome, thanks for everyone who has, it's the most I've had in a while, and I've been in the dumps about it, so it's nice to see 12 comments :P

A new update is in the works.... stay tuned!

Share this comment

[b]simfreak1998:[/b] Thanks for the compliment Chippy! Glad you liked it :)
[b]Kraboomjimg:[/b] Thanks for the comment, I would suggest downloading tons of custom content, finding a theme you like (for me, I like a tropical theme), and stick to it building beautiful cities :) Over time you get better, I've came a long way (with a trixie to prove it :P) and of course everyone is willing to help someone out so ask!

Share this comment

I got too late, but I was on a familiar trip.

Excellent job as always, I see you used the Catedral Metropolitana of Mexico City by DEBUSSYMAN, and looks like the LBT Houses, I had suspected of them at the teaser, and I was right, didn't I?

Keep it up.

Share this comment

Great looking place.

Question: In the 5th pic, there are buildings that have attracted my attention that are between the Yokoso building and the HKABT Taikoo place. Where did you download the building with "Talavera" on it and the double-round looking buildings from please?

Share this comment