Tarvastu

• Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

Tarvastu: A Bay Metropolis, Intro.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Coppertown2

So I was surfing the 'Internets' and came across a neat region someone had created (sorry no I have link to it :/) I had been experimenting with new ways to design cities and decided to use a map with many small and medium tiles to create interesting new metropolitan areas. Here's a quick overview of the area before I go into its 'history'.

map.jpg

How many other city journals have dragons and Estonian ships? that's right... only this one! haha

The red dots represent the city centers, the yellow lines are the old roads connecting all the cities together (which I later closed to force all sims commuting to different cities to use the subway hehe)

Le History of le Tarvastu....

Tarvastu had been inhabited for thousands of years by natives before being settled by Estonian colonists, why Estonian? you may ask... I have NO idea why... but it's awesome.

Vilhus and Sovidettermminatt were the first two permanent settlements.

Vihlus-3Dec1101303067895.png

Vihlus Colonial Government Palace

Sovidettermminatt was attacked by pirates, Spaniards and Chuck Norrises every other day, so the settlement remained small and far from any other trace of life, in the other hand, Vihlus became a prospering city and when Banana pudding hit the fan across the New World and everyone started to fight for independence Vihlus became a major meeting place for rebels and exiles alike.

Tarvastu was granted its independence after a comically long war (It took almost a year for the Estonian army to arrive 15 minutes to notice they were outnumbered (the French decided they wanted in) and another year to go back and sign a treaty)The people of Vihlus were still celebrating their victory when out of nowhere hundreds and even thousands of new settlers arrived at the port seeking protection from the wars sweeping through the land.

Rich landowners developed the lands surrounding their estates and many new cities were born. And before anyone could say anything against it, a fast growing new settlement to the west of Vihlus declared itself the capital city. Ialjuva was in and ready to kick Vihlus to a side.

{Ialjuva to the left, Vihlus to the Right, with an awesome tophat}

cartoon-2.jpg

One of those old political cartoons depicting the event, being a political cartoon the joke pretty much sucks.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

1 Comment