• Moose
  • Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

Laguna City Part 3

kench

LAGUNA CITY - Part 3

Hello everyone! This entry would mean that Queen Island of Mindanao is still alive! :D I have been inactive for almost two months and have noticed that a lot of things have changed in ST site. I was amazed with the new interface of the site and I'm quite ignorant especially in adding new entry in a city journal. :lol:

Ok, so much for that explanation... Here is another entry from my Laguna City which I think would be the last update about Laguna (City of Two Lakes). This update would feature the remaining unrevealed part of the city particularly the Shrine Hills of Laguna and the Laguna Wharf.

SHRINE HILLS OF LAGUNA

(click picture for a higher resolution)

thumbnaillaguna.jpg

The Shrine Hills of Laguna has three major tourist spots namely Mariwasa Falls, Istatwa ni Mariang Lina Laguna (The Statue of Maria Lina Laguna), and the Shrine of the Holy Calvary.

The Mariwasa Falls is a small natural flowing falls located near at the foot of the Shrine Hills. It supplies a large volume of water in the two lakes of the city. The amazing fact about this falls is that it only flows during Summer particularly at the end of March to the beginning of June. No wonder it is called the "seasonal falls".

mariwasafalls.jpg

The Statue of Maria Laguna is just a representation of the legendary lady guardian of the two lakes. Mindanaoan are believers of different dieties particularly those who are connected with nature. In vernacular, dieties are called "Diwata". Maria Lina Laguna is called the "Diwata ng Lawa".

istatwa.jpg

Lastly, the Shrine of the Holy Calvary is a religious remains from Jesuit Missionaries who happened to have built their secret convent in this hill during Japanese-American war in the Philippines.

shrineofcalvary.jpg

LAGUNA WHARF

I think this is something strange in Laguna City. :uhm: This project is perhaps the destroyer of the natural beauty of this city. :meh:

lagunawharf.jpg

That's it for today folks! I hope you like my update today. Feel free to say anything about my city journal. It would be a pleasure to read any comment.

THANK YOU!

Hellken likes this

4 Comments

Wow gorgeous work! :thumb: I really like your use of trees, very aesthetic and pleasing to the eye! Excellent work with that port as well; it looks realistic especially with those rocks and the water texture you chose.

I'm going to have to follow this journal more often!

Share this comment

[quote name='escilnavia' timestamp='1303084560']
In the second pic, was that real water or photoshopped, it looked amazing, where did u find it?
[/quote]

It was photoshopped. It was actually [url="http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=1227"]JRJ transparent ploppable water[/url]. Anyway, I'm glad that you like it. ^_^

Share this comment