Followers 0
  • Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

Bilbory, the first colonization

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
arbogli

Everything starts at a medium region in the southwest Abry, a natural and unexplored area is waiting for the sims.

88848550.jpg

At the first years, only contaminant industries come to the new city, fortunatelly the mayor decided to build the residential areas far away from thos industries, what help to maintain the population health and forming great congestions into the only avenue to those areas.

60839400.jpg

The natural biodiversity suffer a lot those years with this industries, coal power plans and the incinerators even the big seas waters become black with polution.

11530453.jpg

But all cities evolves, and Bilbory is not an exception. Many years after the city coffers have over three hundred thousand simoleons and the mayor start the most importan reformation in Bilbory: important taxes were imposed to the contaminant industries and with more than 150.000 simoleons transformed the south Bilbory terrain into a plain area where the new industry moved. The contaminant incinerators moved to an area where their impact over the industries and habitants was lower and build a couple of nuclear plants to provide all the energy needed by everyone.

80917301.jpg

The city propered and in one hundred of years Bilbory become a great city with more than 170.000 people living here and with 94.000 comercial and 21.000 industrial jobs. But this expansion where too hard to the traffic into the city, and the public buses and the programs to reduce it weren't enough, so an important decision where made: a, mostly, subterranean train sistem where build to conect residential areas with the industrial areas and a tram system was built to to allow a better contection over the entire city.

66615389.jpg

And then without importat traffic troubles and a happy and intelligent population the city grow and quickly expand to all their free regions until now, when they are thinking seriously to keep to adyacent areas.

67423311.jpg

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

6 Comments

Wow, all that pollution on the first few pics made me choke, nice effect, I also like it how it went from a dirty back water, to a thriving clean metropolis, keep it up

Share this comment

Thanks, I should post the change here but it was something too quick to show.

Just years and years of pollution saving a lot of simoleons and waiting until the population IQ become over 100-120 (and the HTI demand increase a lot). Then I destroyed all the industry, taxes for CI at 20%, 150K in land modifications, a couple of water treatment plants and reasigned new industrial areas; few years with negative income and "ta-daaa!!!": a new and clean city :rofl:

Share this comment

Good work, excellent job with the city!! :thumb: I recommend maybe some more custom content and the Slope Mod, but other than that, great job and I can't wait to see more!

Share this comment

I used the next mods:

- [url="http://www.simtropolis.com/forum/files/file/24217-elsha-watermod/"]Elsha Watermod[/url]
- [url="http://www.simtropolis.com/forum/files/file/20880-granite-rock-mod/"]Granite Rock Mod[/url]
- [url="http://www.simtropolis.com/forum/files/file/20587-lbt-yucatan-terrain-mod/"]Yucatan terrain mod[/url]

I hope it will help you.

Share this comment