• Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

Martensburg - Another suburb from Schellingen-Stadt

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MandelSoft

brsreplies.jpg

TekindusT: I already answered your comment in the comments ;)

Adrianor: The problem is that they keep pop up, especially when you have a large city. The trick is to make it unnoticable.

Frdm920: Yeah, I'm not an airport expert, as you've noticed...

heitomat: Ah, those are the new RHWv5 textures for the RHW v4.2 (alpha version). The reason why I use these textures instead of the euro textures is that the lane width is reduced by 0.5/1m and therefore the texture set doesn't line up with the pathing. I'm still waiting for the Euro Textures for the RHW v4.2. Alex (Tarkus) is working on that, but as you may know, he's on 'sabbatical'.

EyeofMobius: Those roundabout fillers are from psander5. You can find them on the STEX.

Jchan_777: That would be a very, very large mosaic...

road2stamfordbridge: Not all addons can be found on the STEX. Some are downloaded from the LEX and some things are private and unreleased stuff (see Introduction & Disclaimer entry).

ImVhOzzi, Benedict, nathanthemayor, x493x, oscar96, usfighter15, Mikeaut1, tonyr: Thank you for your comments!

brs-thumb-u05.jpg

Martensburg is another suburb from Schellingen-Stadt. It's located at the North-East from the central city. The city has one railway station, two freeway exits, one freeway x freeway interchange and a TV-tower. So let's start with the railway, where I start building this suburb from:

brs-5.01.jpg

The railway cuts through the whole city. It's one of the railways leading out of Schellingen. The railway line leads to Cisna and to Noorland (in the neighbouring country Nova Hollandia, more about that subject in the next update).

brs-5.02.jpg

Just like in other city districts of Schellingen-Stadt, this city has some main avenue. Here's one of them, the Martensburgerallee (B15), heading towards the East to Cisna.

brs-5.03.jpg

This roundabout, the Buerghtlanderplatz, is one of the main intersections of Martensburg. The Sankt Davidallee ends here on the Martensburgerallee.

brs-5.04.jpg

Here we have the Sankt Davidallee, heading to the North. It leads through some of Martensburg's suburbs.

brs-5.05.jpg

And there's the TV-tower I talked about earlier, the Schellinger Fernsehturm!

brs-5.06.jpg

Beside these things, Martensburg is not really that special, you might want to say it's dull. Nevertheless, I took some effort to make some random shots, just to give you a impression of the suburb:

brs-5.07.jpg

brs-5.08.jpg

brs-5.09.jpg

What's more interesting, is the freeway surrounding the city: the Autobahnring Schellingen (A10). We start from the south, as we head to exit 4. This exit connects the A10 with the Martensburgerallee (B15). The A10 also borders the city on this side; on the other side you see agricultural areas. Also note the FARHW! These puzzle pieces are completed just a few days ago by Shadow Assasin and they are ready for testing by the NAM Team members and associates. So far they work wonderfull :]

brs-5.10.jpg

To the east, the B15 changes profile from 2x2 lanes to a 2+1 lane highway with grade-seperated intersections.

brs-5.11.jpg

Heading to the north, we encounter a freeway x freeway interchange: Dreieck Martensburg (numbered as interchange 3). Here the A10 bends towards the west, while the A9, coming from the north, ends here (and it continues at the South-East of the A10 freeway ring). The result is a particullary nice looking directional-T interchange.

brs-5.12.jpg

brs-5.13.jpg

Further north, the A9 switches from 2x3 lanes to 2x2 lanes, heading towards rural envoirments (notice the lane drop). Now you see some streetslights next to the freeway, but the freeway lighting stops about 500 meters further north. After that, only freeway exits have streetlights.

brs-5.14.jpg

Back on the A10, we have exit 2. The St. Davidallee crosses the A10 here.

brs-5.15.jpg

Heading towards the West, the A10 goes to Rothfurth. Here it will cross the major freeway A7. We come back to that in a later update.

brs-5.16.jpg

And to conclude this update: a picture of our next update's subject:

brs-5.17.jpg

Yes, we are leaving the city for a while and we go rural! But I might plan an intermezzo-update to give you some extra background stories about Schellingen (and Imaginia too). So stay tuned!

Best,

Maarten

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

5 Comments

Whoa, another Top Quality update... Only a few CJs are able to give "sensations" to the viewer, to make him/her to feel something inside. And watching your night shots, with their yellow lampposts has reminded me a lot to the highways where I live (you can see [url="http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-a8gTC0UUMmM/TVpn6wcVLjI/AAAAAAAAAD8/oZOIV5aG3Pk/s1600/barcelona-espacio-de-noche.jpg"]here[/url] why).

Can't wait to see your rural stuff!

Share this comment

Your highways should be well known to the society already, but your suburbs also deserves a fair share of attention. Martensburg looks amazingly realistic, green - and not at all dull. The lighting in your pictures is also something special, and leaves a great expression. Wonderful (and massive!) update, Maarten! Now I just can't wait to see your rural pictures. :drool:

Share this comment

this is a fabulous cj. the street are pionted out very well and at th same time they are greatly integrated in the city. i love the green everywhere and the light effects.

Share this comment