• Moose
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
  • Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

TriBeCa

RGullett

I'm starting a new, with more attention to detail this go round. I want it to be as real as possible, so I started at the transition between two cities (Lower Manhattan and New York City north of it), to make sure streets line up right. My last attempt was not up to standards, having problems at Canal Street, potential major problems in the future. Using the terrain (Pier 25 and Rockeffeller Park on the west and Corlears Hook Park on the east) to make sure I get it accurate as possible I found my street layout was going to start in the TriBeCa neighborhood.

cjnyc005.jpg

The road going down to the southern tip is West Broadway, I did this to check my status. I traced the same street on my atlas and found it correlates to the true layout of Lower Manhattan. I did the same using Chambers and I believe this layout is on the right path. The streets are choppy, and ugly, but using a satellite view I made sure every block would give me a chance at decent realism and I'm staying possitive and having fun with this region.

cjnyc006.jpg

Just working on the streets and a few buildings (schools, jails and landmarks) at this point. I decided to just build to get my region up in the millions. I few more pictures of the TriBeCa neighborhood and back to work.

cjnyc008.jpg

cjnyc007.jpg

At this point the grid is up to my standards, if you see any potential problems down the line, please let me know.

Thank You

RGullett

Vlasky likes this

2 Comments

SOOO... I've seen it so far and I must say that is quite better than before... although I would like to warn you about something that recently happenede to me, and it is that somehow... buildings are not going to fit if you try to recreate every single street in downtown manhattan. Let me explain it better. Certain buildings are built with angles that are proportional to street angles, and since simcity cannot build towers with those angles, you cannot build them all correctly. My advice? Right now Im doing what Tepodon tought me some time ago, sacrifice! wether you sacrifice a street so that you can fit the building, or you make the street but you wont find any place left for the building... JUST WANTED TO SHARE THAT WITH YOU... nice so far by the way.

Share this comment