Followers 0
  • Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

Introduction

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
poleposition27

I think most people who play SimCity start out with the physical city, and then develop the story after. For me, the story is easy--as a kid it was my escape mechanism, I had the whole thing well sorted out. Places, relationships between different cities, the whole thing. Mainly it revolved around sports--I had leagues of teams and worked out rivalries between teams and towns. It was geeky to say the least. :) But one thing it did was hone my math--inventing reams of stats that I did by pencil and paper tends to make your number awareness really acute.

So starting with SimCity 2000 up to SC4, it was like being able to translate the ideas into something concrete. The region this CJ will cover is actually the 2nd one I've done--and it's still in the process of growing. But that one I worked on 3-4 years ago gave me a good understanding of SC4. The newer one benefits from that experience, not to mention the vast amount of material on STEX I've incorporated. And I've been able to smooth out some of the detached parts of the story I never thought about before.

So, I hope someone enjoys this; if nothing else it'll be a good story. The narrative begins shortly...

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

1 Comment