• Moose
  • Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

Chapter 16 - Major Upgrades

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Plane-Crash12000

Thank you for commenting and suggesting ideas for my highway project!

83334783.jpg

The votes are in... the highway which was suggested the most was : The RHW-4!

After years of planning and debating, construction of Highway 12 began on June 4th 1955. The highway would take 4 years to complete and would open on January 15th 1959. But you're going to have to wait until the next chapter to see that. The highway stretches for a total of 1056 Kilometers.

The old White River Bridge is soon going to be demolished to make way to a new bridge once the highway is complete.

35029143.jpg

In this picture, you can see the construction of the overpass linking Main St. to the highway.

49380645.jpg

You can see here the entire construction site passing Whitevale and the airport.

43156081.jpg

The highway wasn't the only thing going on in Whitevale. In 1956, traffic was getting so contested on the old 2-lane road so an extra lane was added to North St. making it a 3-lane road. This helped lower congestion by more than 40%.

30496879.jpg

Also, the recently released NAM update changed the way the diagonal curves looked like. They look much better than the default Maxis ones.

23070956.jpg

In 1957, two of the oldest building in Whitevale were going to be demolished to make way for a new mid-rise office building.

You'll just have to wait to see that too! 9.gif

42571772.jpg

This is Whitevale at the end of 1957. The city now has a population of about 18,000 people.

83149703.jpg

One thing.

I'm sorry to say and I really don't want to offend anyone but I really don't like the new Simtropolis City Journals section. There a some features I like enjoy more than the old version but I prefer the old one better. Some of the problems with the new CJ section are : The side bar on the right side cuts out about 50 pixels from all pictures, I find the City Journals page to be quite disorganized compared to the old version and I really wish the description could be seen on your CJ box. As I said at the beginning, I do not want to offend any Simtropolis members. These are just some of my opinions and I hope some improvements can be made in the future.

Well, that's it for now.

Stay tuned for more about Whitevale!

Kifflom112 likes this
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

12 Comments

Wow I wish I had known about this CJ sooner! I love all of the "development trough time cities" Cant wait to see what the next developments are. [img]http://www.simtropolis.com/forum/public/style_emoticons/default/44.gif[/img]

Share this comment

Ya I find it harder to find the CJ's I'm looking for now. Anyway what I'm really commenting for city looks good, the construction pics are really well done!

Share this comment

Also sorry for the double post, because you have the awesome rocks along the river trees coming right to shore ect. your style might benefit from a different terrain mod that accents sandy beach less... just a thought!

Share this comment

To be honest, I dislike the new Simtropolis, but finding good stuff isn't too bad. Anyways, I like the construction and wonder if Whitevale will grow wider with the new highway in place.:thumb: No, now I got used to it and began to like it.

Share this comment

Nice CJ up there, like the tiny airport in the corner. Its actually better to post on the forums CJ section, its much less laggy and most readers are veteran members. I rarely, if ever visit the CJ area though it was worth it!

Share this comment

I don't see the city hall in Whitevale. But, when the new freeway is finished, there might be some suburban development and some more in downtown Whitevale in the next update.:thumb:

P.S. Can you tell me where the city hall is in Whitevale??

Share this comment

The city hall is really hard to see in any of these pictures. If you want to see it good, go to the "Whitevale Gets A City Hall" chapter. :)

Share this comment