• Moose
  • Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

New Seattle, a hub of activity

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TEG24601

New Seattle (the Metro) grew quickly along the coast. Thanks in large part to the Interstate highways build by the federal government shortly after founding. The freeway, having been built first (unlike other cities, like the Capital of Tegville), doesn't often encroach on neighborhoods, because the neighborhoods came later. However, mother nature is not as forgiving. As a result, the interchange between Interstate 1 and Interstate 90 includes some interesting features, including; lefthand entrances/exits, close-form interchanges, and median roadways.

interchange9001_1.jpg

Special pillars were constructed in order to complete the monorail system through this area. The alloy was used to support the standard beams, but is completely transparent. The space created by the Interchange was a perfect location for a small airport, named Dokane Airport, which is over used by the population of New Seattle and is already in need of replacement.

interchange9001_2.jpg

Gilhona St. (on the left side), parallels I-1 through downtown New Seattle (city), and utilizes left exits, median roads, and underpasses to make a full connection to I-90 and Airport Way, and another Interchange was created to add access to I-1, albeit only in the Southbound Direction. Since this image was taken, Gilhona St, has been turned into a one-way couplet with Ariel St. and together, they form the new SR-111, which parallels I-1, but is for local traffic.

interchange9001_3.jpg

The final shot, showing the full interchange, the New Seattle Monorail, Gilhona St., and Airport Way as the all interact with this Interchange.

interchange9001_4.jpg

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

3 Comments