• Moose

Insulo and Kaskaskia

• Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

Update Seven: Paxi , Beautiful Irony

2b2gbi

paxihead.jpg

Well we're taking a break from the media barrage for an update on the town of Paxí on a small island in the far south of Maresa near the Andalusian sea border. I worked really hard on this relatively small town, so I hope you like it.

Although it is in prime location for a tourist mecca, Paxí has managed to retain it's small town charm through extremely restrictive zoning laws that essentially prohibit all new growth, which has kept the town true to the form of the town that have occupied these islands for as long as anyone can remember.

We start with a glimpse of Paxí pristine beaches, rarely traversed by the sandal-clad feet of tourists.

paxi6.jpg

More of the beaches glistening in the warm sun.

paxi5.jpg

You can only wish you lived here, most of the towns residents wouldn't sell these homes for their lives.

paxi4.jpg

The town center with the mission built in 1298 to convert the citizens of these islands to Christianity. Services are no longer held inside the building, and are instead held outside in the square until the parish can gather enough funds to build a new church.

paxi3.jpg

Another square and the town football pitch, where citizens enjoy their favorite pastime, other than sitting on the beach and watching the sunset of course.

paxi2.jpg

A winery just outside of town, with a villa building that was built in 1566. The land has been in use for wine making for longer than any other parcel of land in Insulo.

paxi1.jpg

Now here's something I've never done before, but I think it turned out quite well. Mosaic!

mosaicafill.jpg

-Jon

Vlasky and Prens like this

6 Comments

Wow this is great! the mosaic is breath taking.
This must have taken hours to complete.

Well done and look forward to seeing more! :D Catch me in chat
2b2gbi likes this

Share this comment

Wooooow, some of the best ever from you, and so unique, too. I really like the mosaic link pic and the mosaic.
2b2gbi likes this

Share this comment