• Moose

Victoria County

• Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

Rail - West Kreutzberg Line

heitomat

Rail.jpg

When we last jumped off the train, we arrived with the Kreutzberg Ring in Thorshafen. Now it is time to continue the journey along the west coast of the Kreutzberg Peninsula. The tracks we will be rolling on today is used by both the Kreutzberg Ring and the West Kreutzberg Line, and it is one of the busiest stretches of rail in the nation.

After leaving Thorshafen, we will pass the following stations:

Lindtner - Niederkreutz - Kempler - Kemplertor* - Eisenbrücke* - St. Addieline* - Victoria Central*

*) These stations are all inside the city borders of Victoria.

Heading south from Thorshafen, our first stop is the small city of Lindtner. This is quite an anonymous place, and even the locals have a hard time explaining why you should consider a longer stay here. Lindtner is basically a place to live, not to visit. However, some people will definately enjoy feeling the sea breeze when strolling along the promenade, or feel the sacred silence inside Lindtner Monastery.

Lindtner_Mosaic_01.jpg

Lindtner_Mosaic_02.jpg

Lindtner_Mosaic_03.jpg

Lindtner_Mosaic_04.jpg

Just east of the station, the monastery is easibly visible sitting proudly on top of a hill - with the cars on the B-11 roaring just below.

Lindtner_02.jpg

Niederkreutz is a village located on the southern tip of the mountain Kreutzberg. Squeezed between the mountain, fields and forests, the inhabitants have used every spot of flat land they could find to build their houses. The same goes for the rail. It twists and turns to make it's way to the station.

Niederkreutz_01.jpg

The motorway B-11 dips into a tunnel and runs straight through (or under) the village. Trains, however, have always stopped at Niederkreutz. This is the Niederkreutz station area.

Niederkreutz_02.jpg

After leaving Niederkreutz, it is not far until we arrive Kempler. "The little sister", remember?

Kempler_Mosaic_02_01.jpg

Kempler_Mosaic_02_02.jpg

A lot of commuters have asked for an upgrade of the West Kreutzberg Line stations lately. Due to the increase in traffic, the need for larger platforms and C-Rail standards have been suggested. The downside is that the stretch is old, and development surrounding the tracks is dense. It is simply no room left for extensive expansions. Or is it? As we enter Victoria, it is clear that if there is a will, there is a way.. But, hey.. Victoria is the capital, after all..

C-Rail_Kemplertor.jpg

The first of the "Victorian" stations on our journey, is Kemplertor. The blue logo indicates that this is a C-Rail station. As the station also serves Reinhard Schellinger Stadion, these platforms can be quite crowded on matchdays.

Victoria_04.jpg

Just east of the station is Kemplertor Junction. This rail split is actually where the northbound (top) and the westbound (left) Kreutzberg Ring separates.

Victoria_05.jpg

Deeper inside Victoria is Eisenbrücke Station. The city's northern freight station is also located in this area.

Victoria_06.jpg

Deeper into the urban jungle, there is still room for some greenery. The North Victoria Junction is where the North Line (Nordlinie) arrives from the left, and the Kreutzberg Ring and the West Kreutzberg Line arrives from the right.

Victoria_07.jpg

The final picture in this update is from the St. Addieline station area. This is the last stop before Victoria Central. The buildings are now taller, the traffic is more intense, and now and then the Overground thunders above the tracks. Welcome to Victoria.

Victoria_08.jpg

Hope you liked it!

- Eivind

Niall, Lunex and dohraymii like this

6 Comments

Great to see you back with a new update - fantastic transit update. I love the view of the train passing under the overground.

Share this comment

[img]https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/_aodkOsqqvK4/TOccrqoRRYI/AAAAAAAAAwg/WIZ2Ks2sStE/s800/Replies.jpg[/img]

[b]Benedict[/b]: It's good to be back, honestly. Thank you for your continued interest in my CJ - and your "Like". :)

[b]gc6164[/b]: Thank you very much for your comment. I hope you'll enjoy the next update as well.

[b]Skimbo[/b]: Thanks. To be honest, this update was very much inspired by the great Dragon Islands. No surprise, was it..? :blush:

[b]TekindusT[/b]: Thank you very much for the kind words, my friend. I enjoy building rail networks, and I guess it shows.

[b]Lunex[/b]: Thank you for leaving a comment. If you need help finding something seen in the pictures, just PM me.

Share this comment