• Comments
  • Views

Up The River

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Schulmanator

cjmastheadtr1.jpg

East Tenne: Up the River

And now, a nice sail up the Tenne River to today’s feature city: Cherohala. This charming town occupies a bend in the river, just north of the confluence of the Tenne and Little Tenne Rivers. Cherohala is connected by two ferry ports – east and north of town – as well as by bridge to the eastern bank. The City Planning Office did not use any sort of signature architectural style for the town. Rather the distinctive feature of Cherohala is a massive raised central plaza running the length of the town from east to west. This new type of urban park was designed by master urban planner Troy McClure. You may remember his work some such works as Gladys the Groovy Mule and The Greatest Story Ever Hulaed.

Our first glimpse of the town is of the three entry points: the two ferry ports and the bridge.

ch-bridge1.jpg

The bridge spans the Little Tenne River.

ch-port.jpg

The eastern port is on the Little Tenne River.

ch-port2.jpg

The northern port is on the Tenne River. It is flanked by the Maxis Terminal and the Tower of Trade, Commerce & Stuff (TTCS).

ch-bfa.jpg

A smaller port is on the south side of town, by the Bureau of Feline Affairs Building.

The town itself straddles the line between East and Middle Tenne. About two thirds of the town lies in East Tenne and the western part lies in Middle Tenne. City Hall is in East Tenne, so the town is officially listed as being in East Tenne. The two sections are quite different. The western end is more in the classical Capital style architecture popularized in such cities as Knoxvegas and Roane-Anderson. The eastern sector reflects more of a hodge podge of Schulmania’s eclectic architectural styles.

ch-view1.jpg

Here’s Whisker Valley High School, home of the Scratching Posts, winners of this year’s yarnball tournament.

ch-view2.jpg

City Hall has a prominent riverfront location. Across the street is the campus of Cherohala College.

ch-view3.jpg

On the eastern side, tall and narrow homes predominate.

ch-view4.jpg

On the western side, a more formal order is often seen.

ch-view5.jpg

Despite its smaller size, the western sector has about the same number of residents, thanks to its concentration of midrise structures.

ch-view6.jpg

Slants and curves are certainly in style on this side of town.

This surprising town has a wide array of amenities sure to impress just about everyone. The waterfront hosts bustling retails, which also can be found in abundance on the west side of town. There are several schools and cultural facilities as well as many entertainment venues.

ch-waterfront1.jpg

The waterfront along the Little Tenne River is studded with impressive retail buildings.

ch-offices.jpg

The west side features the impressively slanty headquarters of Fisk Industries, a feline owned and operated manufacturing concern.

ch-offices2.jpg

Abundant retail meets the needs of even the most finicky shopper.

ch-parksvisitor.jpg

The distinctive curved façade of the National Parks Visitors Center is near the ferry to the game preserve. It also houses the fabulous Museum of Prey as well as the National Hunting Expedition Archives. It is definitely a must-see while in Cherohala.

Of course, being located near two rivers makes the town a strategic spot. To ensure security, a small army base is located on the western edge of town.

ch-barracks1.jpg

Several military barracks, such as these, house the 170th Division (XIII Corps 27th Division, BFA Military).

Curious to see the central signature plaza? It will be featured in the next chapter.

.jpg

3rXU8c4Lsn1.png

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

10 Comments

Amazing work as always [img]http://www.simtropolis.com/forum/public/style_emoticons/default/3.gif[/img] and even Fisk is found here[img]http://www.simtropolis.com/forum/public/style_emoticons/default/18.gif[/img]

Share this comment

[b]REPLIES[/b]

[i]NOTE: All replies above this are now added to post count totals for rank and awards.[/i]

[b]ImVhOzzi[/b] Thanks! This is currently in the far west of Schulmania. But there’s no telling how much more there is out west to discover. Glad you enjoyed this update.

[b]Woodieburg[/b] Thank you. And welcome to Schulmania. The curved building is the Xannepan Bourse de Commerce, located on the SC4D LEX. It is one of the buildings… it comes with a central round one and four of these. It has been relotted.

[b]Paulobergonci[/b] Thank you. You are very kind. And I am pleased you came by again.

[b]J.young[/b] Thank you. And welcome to Schulmania. I hope you will return again soon.

[b]Jchan_777[/b] Thank you. And welcome to Schulmania. I am excited to have so many new commenters here. I look forward to having you visit again soon.

[b]Woodieburg[/b] Thank you. And welcome to Schulmania. I am glad to have you come by and am pleased you enjoyed this update. Please come visit us again soon.

[b]Tonyr[/b] Thanks! I enjoyed making it. And I am glad you enjoyed reading it.

[right] [/right]
[right] [/right]
[right] [/right]
[right][b][Volume 3 Update #154][/b][/right]
[right][b] [/b][/right]
[right][b]Quarter 1 2011 Posting Awards calculations end here[/b][/right]

Share this comment

[b]REPLIES[/b]

[i]NOTE: All replies above this are now added to post count totals for rank and awards.[/i]

[b]9988[/b] Thanks! I am glad you enjoyed this update. I enjoyed making it as well.

Share this comment