• Moose

Dubai

• Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

Dubai Overview [Read First]

AIX

This is a region that is inspired by the real-world city of Dubai, United Arab Emirates. I have used a map that includes all the current artificial islands (e.g. The Palm Jumeirah) as well as the many proposed islands (e.g. Dubai Waterfront). This city journal will not be chronological. Instead, each district will have its own category. This introduction page will be regularly updated with most recent regional image, statistics, and map. I will also keep a table of contents with links to all entries here. If you click on the "Districts" category, it will take you to each of the individual entries as well. If you click on the "READ ME FIRST" category, it will of course take you back to this entry.

I also want to stress the point that this region is inspired by the city of Dubai and is not a recreation. I am using a terrain that includes all the current islands as well as many more that are still on the drawing board. In addition, I have many BATs and landmarks from the real city. The layout of the region (roads, infrastructure, zoning, building placement, local names, etc) are entire my own invention.

Table of Contents

Regional Image and Statistics as of 25th March, 2011

Residential Population: 11,069,863 | Commercial Population: 6,397,692 | Industrial Population: 4,381,738

region25mar11.jpg

Map

I will have a better map once I can dig up the cool photoshop tutorial that was posted in the forums a long time ago.

region24mar11map.jpg

jdo0513, Slashback and Cleaner475 like this

3 Comments

Good start, region looks awesome, I've always wanted to do a Dubai region, maybe this will inspire me more :). Can't wait to see some city pics tho, good work mate

Richard
Slashback likes this

Share this comment

Welcome first commenter :D Thanks for your visit. I will actually be having city pictures uploaded over the course of the next few hours.

Share this comment