Our community city journals

1. Inception

entries
      comments
      views

Recent Entries

HighTower76
    Latest Entry

1.2 million regional pop. Only have 8 of 16 claimed ....gonna try for many millions of Sims. :)

IMG_20160825_145412.jpg

IMG_20160825_150937.jpg

2. Budapest Kifordítva - Inside out !

Today we continue our tour of Budapest. As promised there will be some nice highlights to see. Despite temperture above 30 dgr I will deliver you some exciting picture´s. As the title sugest we start in the City at the Keleti Railway station and work outward of the city. Let´s start !

Bp%2010_zpsxzbrssau.jpg

State Hungarian Opera !

Bp%2011_zpsauhlfmrh.jpg

Some of the newer area´s created !

Bp%2013_zpsktf66z6v.jpg

On left above we have little misplaced Saint Basil´s church, on the right the State Courts and left below probably aswell misplaced Budapest Roundbout !

Bp%2012_zps5zwdk3b9.jpg

Bp%2014_zpsany8iply.jpg

Little bit of a filler !

Bp15_zpsl1yz52rs.jpg

Now we move on to the more modern in the future highrise part !

Bp16_zpsf13gyvwo.jpg

On the back is the Nepliget park in hungarian or translated simple The People´s park !

Last we end with a speciality of my CJ, what called Football clubs or other big  facilities !

Bp17_zpsgpujoddd.jpg

In this case the Groupana Arena of Budapest football club Ferencváros TC ! Multipurpose stadium.

Bp%2018_zpslsr9l8by.jpg

Well that´s all for this month ! Scetch scape with France ANNO will be up around the 15th of the month !

Hope you enjoyed this CJ and see you back next time !

3. Phoenix Project

entries
      comments
      views

Recent Entries

Akallan
    Latest Entry

Höreinn

In the far north, a territory lost through time in almost total silence and gives way to the fantastic white world: that of Höreinn! The huge territory has never been colonized, too wild and cold, it has pushed the men set foot there permanently. It is only since the late 20th century a few huts and cottages were built. The first buildings were those of came poachers hunt bear and some deer, then melting ice will still come men on land. The region still may be populated by a few hundred men in the next ten years, actually, with melting ice, some oil companies plan to drill offshore where it was impossible to reach there half a century...

Höreinn still keeps its splendor, here are some pictures to illustrate it. This is a small update, because winter and snow miss with the hot weather!

I hope you enjoy it, see you soon!

The largest chalet of any Höreinn! Set in the very south of the territory, he undergoes a milder climate than the rest of the territory to the north...
    160825100035563326.jpg

... Finally, we are still in the North!
    16082510002824457.jpg

160825100010447513.jpg

The bear is getting lost...
    160825100048780277.jpg

Replies

On 25/08/2016 at 11:03 PM, _Michael said:

Just commented on SC4D, but I'll say it again: Purely stunning work!

So thank you again! ;)

On 25/08/2016 at 11:03 PM, kschmidt said:

Lapland like setting, very cold but stil close to the sea ! Winter theme is very hard to hit, with little winter BAT replacements, a quit theme with only a few, well done !

Thank you kschmidt! Yes, the winter theme is very difficult to do, especially for plants in my opinion.

On 26/08/2016 at 0:30 AM, feyss said:

Great pictures

Thanks feyss! :)

On 26/08/2016 at 1:47 AM, raynev1 said:

Whoa , some fantastic images . But boy , does it look cold there . Brrr , gave me chills just looking at it . Well done . 5/5

Thank you for your comment! You will have time to warm you until next real winter! ;)

On 26/08/2016 at 2:33 AM, RandyE said:

Spectacular!   Typo in the interesting intro: 'came poachers' should read 'game...'   Is the 3rd pic down supposed to be very dark or is my brightness set so low I can't see it? 

Thank you! :) In the picture, I see well. Maybe your screen dark setting?

On 26/08/2016 at 7:18 AM, kingofsimcity said:

Snow scenes are pretty hard to come by and you did a fine job with what's available! Great MMP work!

Thank you kingofsimcity! :)

22 hours ago, metarvo said:

Winter's my favorite season — although I don't always get much of it where I live.  One of the most peaceful things I've done is take a brisk walk in the snow.  Everything seems so pure and hopeful.

The lodge looks like a good place to hang out by the fireplace and sip on hot chocolate or apple cider while plotting the next snow adventure.  The falling snow over that small cabin would look great on a postcard.

Nice work, Akallan!

:thumb:

Thank you very much! Your comment makes me happy! Winter is my favorite season, I live in Switzerland, yet even here the snow starts to become scarce (in low altitude). I then created few landscapes to remember that winter is beautiful! :wub:

8 hours ago, Takingyouthere said:

That is a very cool idea and it was executed exceptionally well too. I'm really enjoying all the unique scenes you've provided us with so far in your CJ entries :yes:

Thank you Takingyouthere, and it's not finished! ;)

4. Inner City, from the North:

Uty4Un.png

Inner City, from the South:

Z9jspV.png

University Main Building (Chancellory, Law School):

nlDwYw.png

Main refectory (at the bottom):

imGY4F.png

ZcP9ZC.png

Main Auditorium at the top, administration buildings:

F5gtqq.png

7HPZgs.png

zfclTo.png

New City with Railroad Station:

qOH5t6.png

Thanks for all the comments!

_Michael: I'm not sure which one ... chalet? I don't see any wooden houses in Rübingen? Maybe you give me directions. The houses I love most are quite old bats by haarlemergold.

5. MilitantRadical
    Latest Entry

F0KxTDP.png

Those of you familiar with my CJ have seen these tiles in many different stages of development. I originally used them as a testing ground for canals and now that I've settled on style (sunken with red brick walls) I unified them so that they connect perfectly.

This entry features the largest mosaic I've ever made that comes in at a whopping 24816 x 10107px. You'll have to download it to see it at full resolution because even dropbox can't display it.

I encourage you to look at the pics in full size. These smaller .jpeg versions don't really do them justice (they're less than half the size). Hope you have a big screen.

Enjoy!

Full Size

e8r9V2t.jpg

Full Size

1CXdDdE.jpg

Full Size

6X49RA4.jpg

Full Size

IaswN8I.jpg

Full Size

5Lj5WyX.jpg

Full Size

ZSfwBj8.jpg

Full Size

(Unfortunately the full image is too large to even be previewed on dropbox, but you can download the 125 MB png.)

YwbrxKR.jpg

Comments, suggestions, and questions are always appreciated. Thanks for visiting.

mT90dIY.png

raynev1: Some beautiful night scenes . Sorry to hear about your hard drive , that's a bummer . Hope you continue Ionica . It's been a great CJ .

Yeah well, that's just what happens when your computer is over six years old and you push it to the limit on a daily basis. Thanks.

gviper: Hey my friend! It's been quite some time! Wasn't sure I'd hear or see you on these pages again. I myself have slowed down in activity considerably. Lovely presentation!

Didn't mean to be gone for so long but sometimes life gets in the way. Thanks.

korver: Great stuff as always - you probably have my favorite photoshop style of anyone here on ST and the Chinatown scenes are great. Hope you can keep this going :)

Thanks. Looking at your work always gives me the itch to get back in the game.

_Michael: Welcome back! I feared I wasn't following my to see any more Ionica, so it's great to have it back! :D Great looking city with some lovely design elements; can't help but noticing that north arrow though ;), can become slightly distracting!

Lol, all these years and I still have the north arrow. Thanks.

TekindusT: Another top notch, deliciously handcrafted mishmash of styles!

You know I'm a fan of the mishmash, just too many good BATs to stick to one style. Thanks.

kschmidt: Great night views ! Japanese and other buildings well lightened. NAM elevated networks and GLR features well integrated,  well done !

Wish I had a few pictures of how it looked before. It was a mess. Thanks.

v701: This city is still one of the best SC4 I've seen so far !! I love this clown picture on the skyscraper ! :thumb::ducky:

Everyone loves a clown. Thanks.

Takingyouthere: Great to see you back in action, your city building style and image presentation was sorely missed.

That's the great thing about SC4 at this stage, everyone can have their own style. Thanks.

tariely: Very nice night shots ! (and Trump...) Glad to know you'll be back. But CBS ? We have CBS? Or did you make that one ? I Want !:-)))

Yup, it's mattb325's CBS. Thanks.

Akallan: Beautiful images of nights, it seems so alive. It's beautiful all the lights of nights, my favorite is the one with the channel! :thumb:

Thanks.

6. BillyBobJoe5600
    Latest Entry

Welcome back to Aureus. Once again a lot has changed since the last entry. I have added many small details like new intersections, new unique buildings and new parks, I have also expanded behind the airport. The population is at 154, 000 people and still growing, enjoy! 

20160822154846_1.jpg

20160814222732_1.jpg

20160822154021_1.jpg

20160822154357_1.jpg

20160822154523_1.jpg

20160822154237_1.jpg

20160814221051_1.jpg

20160822153623_1.jpg

7. vote_zpslt7sve6g.png

Who wouldn't wan't to live under the dome?

jungle_zpsm2tyturw.png

After the rapture the abandoned rubble and streets grew into a asphalt jungle.

Untitled_zps2owrm2ch.png

We should have listened to Bernie.

8. Ben's Top Ten

Apologies for the long delay between updates, real life has been interfering.

We're playing BTT catchup...  the time machine is set for December.... and New Sorgun is a reentry making it the Christmas (in August) number one!!

Vista Del Mar, The Viceroyalty of Pursues, Basin City Blues and The Region of Ocean's Edge are back, and Washington County debuts.

yZUigP1.jpg

Ben's +10

California 2 by GoKingsGo
    Mikenstein by michae95l
    Holt by simlink
    Anselli by TMTS
    The Dells by The Big Z
    Castiana - Sahal - Vagonbrei by ionionion
    Mayon Province by kschmidt
    Rio Grande do Sul by afagundes
    The Many Cities of Boomooderie by BugeyedDragon
    Twin Rivers Region by dedgren

9. ENTRY 1: DOWNTOWN PETAL, LOUISIANA: PARISH SEAT

Yxvkjo8.png

Welcome to the great parish seat of Saint Clements Parish; Petal, Louisiana! Established in 1795, this is a small city of about 26,000 people; and a whole lot of culture and past, that creates truly, one of Louisiana's unique cities; like New Orleans, Houma, Lafayette, or other Cajun-Acadiana cities. The city like Lafayette; is cultured in the cajun culture, which is also heavily known in New Orleans; and provides a outlet for the culture, in a modernizing world; Petal still thinks old, but adapts.

Let's learn what makes this city, so unique the tourists who come up the bayou and visit this old cajun city.

87WqHRY.pngF

First up; a look facing north, of historic, and still growing downtown Petal, it's small compared to other downtowns, but hey; down the bayou is New Orleans and Baton Rouge, for your share of them big skyscrapers. This is a common city of the Boogalees [A Cajun phrase, for the Cajun people]. 

lN36Snm.png

Here is some of the 'newer' highrises, both are small offices spaces; and adds a bit of a modern feel to our otherwise, more old feeling skyline. 

zzGYsgl.png

To the right here; is the Petal Police headquarters building, a more modernist structure replacing the original police station from 1943; serves the city to the fullest.

uGtouZv.png

Crossing to the south of Main Street, infront of the statue of General Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson, sits historic city hall, residing is current mayor, David W. Bourgeois, who has been Petal's mayor since he was elected in 2014; he is heavily known 'around town', for his polite, generous attitude, and laid back, but still accomplishing many, attitude. 

PTtQE3G.png

Nearly across the street, is some of the oldest buildings in downtown, and the other corner to the block, a more modern banking office at the edge of downtown. The other corner building, known as, "Beauregard's Building" to the locals, hosts the nationally-known, Beauregard's Cafe de Petal, which has been operating there since 1876, and still owned by the same family in 2016. Famous for it's beignets,  and coffee; much like the Cafe Du Monde, in the French Quarter; the Beauregard's apartment still resides on the top floors of the four story section, where their two story apartment resides; overlooking the small park across the street, that before a park; was a historic market place, before it burned down in 1965, and was converted to green public space.

G8YIGPY.png

At the beginning of Main St, as you cross the Petal Bridge into downtown; is the courthouse, built in 1875, during the mayorship of Allen LeBlanc, remains a symbol of the city's historic past, and a national-designed landmark; for it stands on the grounds, of the old court house; where the civil war battle, of the Union to take back Petal, was succesful; and the Union re-seizing the city, and gaining large power over the mighty Bastarache River, which connects directly to the Mississippi and the Atchafalaya River, and it's river basin.

jkCRM7S.png

At the other end of downtown toward the west, sits the F.D.Roosevelt Roundabout, and it's monument, built during his "New Deal" policies; as a public park, and providing easier road access to downtown and the suburbs.

44x2uSp.png

Near the iconic roundaboat, sits structures like the Watts Theater, and more famously, the Vinton Building, built as a federal office, and commercial office structure; today it resides as a city landmark and hosts many commerical offices, and on the first floor, it contains a PJ's Coffee Shop, [PJ's is a well-known Louisiana coffee shop chain]. Though the building is known for the 1976 tragedy of local man, Howard Bourg, who  committed suicide from the roof of the structure onto the concrete below him,  he was set to go on trial, after being bailed out; for attempted murder to a local woman, the day after he committed suicide.

c47Vcb7.png

The Bank of Nova Scotia, sounds  like it belongs in Canada; and that is because the bank's founder when the Acadians and Cajuns were exiled to Louisiana, were from Canada. Founded by one of the exiled Acadians, the Bank of Nova Scotia building today; no longer operates as a bank, as the bank went bankrupt and shuttered in 1965, but today it is a city museum, dedicated to the history of the city and the parish.

Q1GAq3I.png

Off of main street, does reside some businesses still;  such as the, de Bellisle Hotel, a local drive in, and another small theater in downtown. 

X683HA4.png

One of our last photos for today, is the Robert E. Lee Elementary school; and infront, is Lee himself, overlooking the school; that opened in 1876, and the current building was built in the 1940s; and currently is the main elementary school in the city; covering downtown and most of the suburbs of the city.

MZlrWq3.png

And lastly for showcasing, is the Cathedral of Saint Remigius,  built in 1876, and is a iconic landmark to the many who pray in it every Sunday.

rh1eARW.png

Soignez vous-autres, and we will see you soon. 

entry
      comment
      views

Recent Entries

Hello,

here's a really nice Video I was looking forward to present you! Have some Fun!

The last Video hade some Problems with the Music Conbtent Sorry... Now it's working.

10. Enterprise

entry
      comment
      views

Recent Entries

I Am D'dawg
    Latest Entry

Welcome to Enterprise!

Enterprise is a town on the Foggy River. It started as town with a small suburb and a small shopping district. 

20160816171145_1.thumb.jpg.eb8ca60284faa

The center of Lilywood, the first suburb. I have a theme on that allows level one buildings to look like they are under construction. Also the elementary school is located in the center.

20160816171207_1.thumb.jpg.214c8c349b038

The original entry point into Enterprise. The basics (fire, police, health care) are located here.

20160816173847_1.thumb.jpg.75447cd0f1513

View of the city behind hospital. A lot of construction is happening right now in Lilywood. The area on the hill is call Enterprise Hill.

20160816173914_1.thumb.jpg.85a54cba57cc3

This is the utilities area.

The town currently has 2,093 people and has a high demand for commercial

Please go check this out: 

THIS IS NOT PART OF THE CITY JOURNAL. I ACCIDENTLY ADDED THIS VIDEO AND I CAN'T DELETE IT. THANKS. P.S.: You can still watch this, just say I sent you. ;-)

11. Sketch Scape !

entries
      comments
      views

Recent Entries

France Agricole II

Last month we visited a typical little french railway town, wich still need some adjustments ! This month we venture a little bit more of track into the town of Cruxieu sur Lot. Little town wich is located about in the middle of france, sheltered from that bad oceanic weather wich most coastal area.s do have !

First some arial shot´s of the surrounding area and there afther the town !

FAgricole%2021_zpsujmdlpzb.jpg

FAgricole%2016_zpsnhs5i1zq.jpg

Local hardwarestore and the eco friendly windmills !

FAgricole%2022_zpsfyez7iwq.jpg

FAgricole%2019_zpsatyz7vjf.jpg

These water sources where the start of this agricultural community !

Cruxieu sur Lot was established by the monks of the Benedict order !

FAgricole%2017_zpsd2x1sbms.jpg

FAgricole%2014_zpsqfj4xa9g.jpg

FAgricole%2012_zpspc1fmlgt.jpg

Some town pictures !

FAgricole%2010_zpsbnanrig2.jpg

FAgricole%2011_zpshohau70x.jpg

FAgricole%2020_zpsg0h5qgyx.jpg

Next month we move on the old and nouveax riche wich dominated country life for centuries. This series will move up and down France showing some typical french scapes; later we may visit other countries in the same way. That concludes this month Scetch scape !

Hope you enjoyed this CJ and see you back next time !

12. Replies:

@korver: Thanks! :golly:

@Takingyouthere: Thank you! I am very glad that you have interest in my first undertaking for my city journal. Also, I am grateful for your advice and experience. You were part of my inspiration in my decision in creating a CJ. Likewise I'll take that wisdom to heart mate. :yes:

@kingofsimcity: Thanks mate! It will be interesting as I learn new tricks and ideas in making cool scenes. :)

@Akallan: Thank you! :golly:

@MushyMushy: Domo arigato! Also, I have taken your suggestion and I am now using Imgur to upload my images for this CJ and abroad. ;)

@Ln X: I appreciate it! I am happy that you look forward for more. :D

@raynev1: Thanks for your support man! I will be taking my time in making this city journal. I just hopefully don't convince myself to work harder than needed. :)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Welcome to the Mistral Isle: The Ocean Highway Belt

Hello to all of you once again! Since the introduction of my teaser entry, I have been working on the Mistral Isle for its expansion and future updates. An area I focused on was along the southern coastline pictured below. Indeed, the locals have called the southernmost freeway the Ocean Highway Belt (highlighted in light red). It serves to connect the Mistral Isle from the eastern reaches of the country by road. Additionally, the dark red outline is an alternative route (nicknamed Mt. Nana Pass) but it is still under construction from the Mistralian federal government. Its purpose is to provide travelers from either north or east a route to the Isle. For this entry, we will be taking a look into two small communities that sprung up along the OHB in its wake: East Mistral and Blythe.

UTZl2Eq.jpg

East Mistral and its Villages:

For most westbound travelers along the OHB, the villages in East Mistral go by relatively unnoticed. However, for those who are caught low on gas, these highway bound villages still offer a gas station for any needy highway traveler. 

249x5jc.jpg

tnPuqTc.jpg

Rural cannot be rural enough surely.

MERoQ7F.jpg

Continuing westbound, the completed Mt. Nana/OHB trumpet interchange stands by as supply trucks go northbound to the construction sites north of here. Simple but effective nonetheless. (Shoutout to @Haljackey for his wonderful RHW tutorials, those helped me grasped the basics of building interchanges).

NfsHnJM.jpg

Reverse view.

Qlq4cZp.jpg

Blythe: Small Town, Big Beaches

Passing through East Mistral, the quaint, quiet town of Blythe is a small time stop and rest destination for those who need to catch a breath after a long trip in the OHB. Also, it is a great place to spend your summer days bathing and splashing in the white sandy beach in Mistral.

crFCUl1.jpg

The local interchange connecting the town and industrial center. 

ixrACSt.jpg

Just some local beach-side houses. The land and property value is quite high in these parts for certain. Seriously, who needs a pool when you got the ocean right next to you? 

QWIe1w2.jpg

Both local and city dwellers flock here to experience the sea and sun at least once every year. Additionally, the numbers a growing steadily with each passing year as well.

RRev4qr.jpg

Alternative view.

9ZIcFgE.jpg

Additional notes:

I am currently planning another entry in the Ocean Highway Belt mini entry series. Originally, this entry was supposed to be bigger, but this was cut down to by 1/3 of the original entry. I felt that it would be a little overwhelming for an entry. Regardless, we will still be looking into more communities and settlements that inhabit the Ocean Highway Belt and as well as soaking up the sun and sea while were at it. Here is a sneak peek for the next entry (note it is a work in progress and it is not the final product) : :bunny:

jIB1hOs.jpg

Have a good one! :)

- Artimus

13. vivapanda
    Latest Entry

It has been a long time since my last activity here on Simtropolis, since April 2013 (!) to be exact. Thanks to this rainy summer and the enormous amount of available custom content I recently started playing SC4 again, of which you can see a bit of the result here: I introduce the Island of Stil!

Stil is a small republic (Stilnem Repblik) that encompasses the volcanic island of the same name. Its volcanic history made for a very mountainous landscape. The middle of the island is marked by the deep blue old crater lake (Lag w-Stil). Most of the 34.000 inhabitants live in the valley that connects the lake to the harbor, scattered around the coast there are some small towns and hamlets. 

As the update title has revealed, during this update we will focus on the crater lake and the towns on its shores.

In the middle of the lake Templom Arkan (the old monastery) pops up above the water. For centuries this has been a refuge for a dozen of monks and pilgrims from the island. Nowadays it is still in use by the monastery, and accessible to the public. Usually the island is mostly reached by a 50 metre swim across from the shore

1_zps8y32ybuf.png

Leg-y-fels sits on the most inland shore. North to South a part of the lake ring road , Sand kar z-Leg (A1) can be seen. To the West is the road (A8) that twist its way up to the towns of Pas and Fels-w-Haw

2_zps4qcwxrhw.png

Driving around on Stil, you will never be bored by a dull straight, flat road.

3_zps3mlgl76d.png

The town of Fels-w-Ekr, endpoint of tram line B, towards the right it runs through the densely populated valley down to the harbor.

4_zps8dj1wlmd.png

5_zpslzep7kf1.png

The most outward end of the lake is decorated by the Kolum Se-Tonisem (Column of Saint-Anthony), patron saint of the island. The avenue going to the North is considered the main street of the island, as most governmental institutions and major stores are situated along the way

6_zpsp7qzi9zd.png

To finish this update an overview picture of the lake (still a bit rough around the edges)

7_zpsxrjryvtq.png

14. Hi,

I'm away for two weeks from tomorrow and wanted to post something to cover that time way. So I had a look round at the parts of Wolfskreut that I have just finished and thought these two mosaics might be quite good. The first is goes past the main train yard, anindustrial area and then onto farms and a country park. The second features one of the most open areas in the city centre - great in summer, but today we visit it in winter.

Since Gobias' terrain mods have been made available again, I've been busy changing from Meadowshire to the fantastic Bernese Oberland. This involved changing my override scripts which keep everything consistent; more work than you think - I think it's worth it though. What do you think?

I must credit @Ln X for inspiring me in the MMP work; his CJ helped a great deal in providing ideas!

Hope you enjoy!

Replies for "Kammersburg"

Spoiler

@matias93Thank you ever so much for the lovely compliment! 

Hi @kschmidt. I actually already use that mod, but a conflict with it and my own sidewalk texture and other sidewalk additions (Such as trees) cause it to not always be displayed properly. Thanks for the comment, however!

Thank you for the compliment @MushyMushy!

@tarielyI'm glad your ok about the contrast, I was a little worried I'd overdone it a bit. 

Thank you very much @korver:D 

@jmsepe , thanks for the comment. I've been working hard to improve the automatic prevalence, and have been trying a variety of things to fix it, including changing the NAM Traffic simulator, however, this city was mainly plopped, due to the tight diagonals etc, so there are less residents, therefore less automata. I've been trying my best to fix it, although sometimes the game doesn't like to co-operate!

@takemethere Thanks for the comment. I actually, despite the lack of canals, took some inspiration from Venice, with small secluded plazas, between buildings, accessed only by arches in other buildings. Glad you liked it! :) 

@Akallan, thanks for the ideas. I guess realism is somewhat subjective, and based on what you have seen. I have looked at the tram terminus you have linked to and actually think that a 'terminating in road' is much less realistic for a European city. Trams often terminate in large plazas from what I've seen and I've actually never seen a straight road stop in a European city. I've only seen loops on plazas or other places, but not a dead terminus on a road. I'm sure they exist in some situations, but I'm confident that they are not preferred in Europe. 

I'm not sure exactly what you are specifically referring to in image 9, although I will say, that that W2W fronts never need to be flush. Different positions of fronts adds character and personality to the street, because remember, few European cities were 'planned' like many US/new cities. They tend to be very organic, and buildings built across different historical periods will be different distances from the street. 

And for the cul-de-sac, that was originally a road that went into the avenue, but I decided to stop it short, and replace it with a small pedestrian area. I guess I could have pulled it back further, thanks for the idea.

@citycowboyThanks for the comment, I'm not sure exactly what building you mean, so I've linked the two most likely ones:

@vortextThanks for the compliment! I might add that heath warning! :D 

Thanks for the comment @lesgaz:D 

@Linoa06Thanks for the comment; I explained the lack of automata to Jmsepe one the first page, but will also put it here. Basically " I've been working hard to improve the automatic prevalence, and have been trying a variety of things to fix it, including changing the NAM Traffic simulator, however, this city was mainly plopped, due to the tight diagonals etc, so there are less residents, therefore less automata. I've been trying my best to fix it, although sometimes the game doesn't like to co-operate!" :) 

Thanks for the comment @AESLT!

Thanks for the comment and suggestion @Fantozzi:) 

Thanks for the comment @sunda.

----------------------------------------------{--------}----------------------------------------------

JpQoSOd.jpg

rH6tNDw.jpg

----------------------------------------------{--------}----------------------------------------------

Hope you enjoyed! Please leave feedback and so forth in the comments!

percent_0.png

15. REPLIES:

RandyE: Thanks a lot! With all the LUT's and map themes, you can get some really stellar shots of this game these days. Glad you enjoy.

Takingyouthere:Thanks! I'm not so experienced when it comes to making industrial areas or power complexes. I usually don't focus much on them, so I'm glad you like them. I get what you're saying about the smokestacks, haha, but it's a trade-off, I suppose.

raynev1: That's some high praise! SC4 is so iconic and has such a great community here at Simtropolis behind it, it can be hard (daunting even) to begin exploring another game. I came into the SC4 scene really late, so it was easy for me to start "fresh" with Skylines. It's not as deep and doesn't have as much flexibility as SC4 yet, but Skylines is a great tool for creating some beautiful cities.

JtfnW5W.jpg

Sunrise in the valley. Today, we're visiting a small collection of locally owned and operated farms. Harvests aren't huge, but there's enough to squeak out a living. Rise and shine...and get to work.

7KdZ4gY.jpg

The pigs are already snuffing around in their pens looking for their morning slop. The Pork industry considered Snake River Valley a lost cause, as you just can't sustain industrial-level mega-farms. But the pigs that do live here---well---they're delicious.

cO3BLMW.jpg

A variety of crops grow here, albeit in small numbers. Agave is one of the big guns here, and there's a Tequila distillery in the area.

7gu0gp9.jpg

Also near here are the Royal Canter Stables. A local family breeds horses here and offers riding lessons for locals and visitors alike.

Ta4xZUw.jpg

An early morning, pre-breakfast brushing...ah. It's the life.

qlVAlKp.jpg

The farmland sure is peaceful and serene.

Hope you enjoy!

16. Wrigglestown is the suburban centre of New Wormrise. Not the most exciting area to start on, but it still has its good qualities to it.

20160807212031_1.thumb.jpg.bae09e6dbee55

A view of the urban landscape typical to Wrigglestown.

20160807211358_1.thumb.jpg.da6c0db9b7f97

Some of the high class homes typical to Wrigglestown.

20160807210659_1.thumb.jpg.2db2e3361c72a

The Wrigglestown off-ramp used to be the busiest stretch of road in all of New Wormrise. Industrial freight no longer travels through here.

20160807211939_1.thumb.jpg.e098cdbc0a5f9

The Wrigglestown exchange is still a hub of activity.

20160807210727_1.thumb.jpg.5840459433429

A pedestrian bridge connecting the eastern suburbs of Wrigglestown to the commercial district at the centre of Wrigglestown.

20160807211041_1.thumb.jpg.489c824091f74

Wrigglestown commercial.

20160807211312_1.thumb.jpg.740903fb5fd51

The Wrigglestown mall, at the direct centre of Wrigglestown.

20160807211134_1.thumb.jpg.dbff44c7ef5cf 

An inner-city bus stop at the Wrigglestown mall.

20160807211203_1.thumb.jpg.bda8a4bab0870

A park at the rear of Wrigglestown mall connects to the west suburbs of Wrigglestown.

20160807211910_1.thumb.jpg.4cfa98303f9cd

The railway separating central Wriggles town from west Wrigglestown. West Wrigglestown was once the industrial centre of New Wormrise but is now re purposed as suburbs.

20160807211742_1.thumb.jpg.7a3263c8ccfd9

Wrigglestown main road/highway. The city can be seen in the distance.

20160807212206_1.thumb.jpg.ac625e2e7af96

A  train pulls into the Wrigglestown station.

20160807124738_1.thumb.jpg.ba4a4d67462b8

A high speed inner-city train flies through occasionally.

20160807211553_1.thumb.jpg.8345022f21458

More to come for Wrigglestown later on.

17. xn6aTI.jpg

Replies:

_Michael: Thank you very much!

Akallan: There a lot of terraced rows which are as straight as dye, the same can be said for nearly every town and city in England.

Takingyouthere: Fight the grid!

kingofsimcity: Cheers!

kschmidt: I have never got around to using the NAM tram system, probably never will as Erinsberg is my final city. The Eaglescliffe station is one of my favourite SC4 railway station purely for its compactness and W2W properties. Also I think the Chicago Tribune building would have fitted in better if the city block, which contains it, was made longer and wider. Thanks again for your comment!

tariely: Thanks a lot! My choice of bats and my urban designs go hand in hand, I often work around the two. I usually lay down a road design first and infill, sometimes I have to plop down a building, if it is large and new for instance, and work out how to integrate it with the road network.

mb1.0.2: Thank you! And yes it is a brewery.

{---}

Entry 63: Downtown part 2

This time with photoshopping goodiness! Let the Downtown tour commence.

{---}

FF9Asx.jpg

All photoshopping was achieved by using GIMP.

7URBJ6.jpg

The main change is lowering the brightness levels by 9% and increasing the contrast by 19%.

FQW1EY.jpg

At other times I do the classic horizontal flipping trick.

qIItCZ.jpg

P89Iga.jpg

mK8Cdw.jpg

Black and white pictures can make a nice change.

ykNpnP.jpg

xBPnS3.jpg

All pictures have the same brightness and contrast settings, though a couple had the effect applied twice.

5eRiJX.jpg

wD6lyu.jpg

QssXPh.jpg

8oDQ3y.jpg

bXikE3.jpg

Kd4huk.jpg

OrNqJQ.jpg

Here the brightness/contrast setting was applied twice.

rcp2lk.jpg

dziU00.jpg

QkEGQd.jpg

a0SBNE.jpg

OTihZf.jpg

dciWJJ.jpg

The threshold colour change. One of my favourite photoshopping effects.

U1sX9v.jpg

uuNZhX.jpg

Tlj9Ne.jpg

8jjUmZ.jpg

ml1RPo.jpg

3jFy9Q.jpg

to54N6.jpg

quFjUG.jpg

The lower brightness and higher contrast can be a useful compromise between Maxis Night and Darknite.

Ane6Me.jpg

VMbGvI.jpg

6uqsaE.jpg

Threshold with a desaturated, dim turquoise colour.

bVT1uS.jpg

4jV6zE.jpg

A mosaic, and not just any old mosaic.

Yu1XTM.jpg

Inspired by Takingyouthere's CJ entry Encyclopedic Entry no.3 - The Blueprints (link- http://community.simtropolis.com/journals/entry/27454-encyclopedic-entry-no3-the-blueprints/). I decided to replicate his photoshopping approach.

twFEmR.jpg

My method involves using an edge-detection filter, followed by auto-equalizing of colour and then desaturation of all colours. This is followed by either threshold or appliance of a general colour.

{---}

This Wednesday- Sanariya Hills. Minus the photoshopping.

18. Taking a break from the usual localized entries it's time for another all-encompassing E2 update(the last one was almost 8 months ago!) E2 is short for Encyclopedic Entry and it is a comprehensive analysis/overview of one specific system covering the entire region. The original plan was to have 12 of these updates, but there will be 10 now after cutting off 3 and adding 1 special entry - that special entry is today's.

What's special about this E2 is that instead of focusing on one specific system I'll instead be showing a variety of images from many different places across the region. Additionally to keep things fresh (for the images already seen) I'll be doing it in a way that as far as I know has not previously been done on Simtropolis - we'll be seeing their blueprints. These places encompass my best work in SC4 to date and my favorite things to create in-game(Industry, Infrastructure, Interchanges, Road & Rail networks, Lattice Towers & Skylines), with the exclusion of only my mmp work which doesn't pick up well with the blueprint photoshopping.

In any case I figured this would be as good of a time as any for an update that showcases the best of what I've done so far since I've likely passed the half way point of the CJ. This entry is in essence both a review of what's been shown and a teaser of what's to come(all the images in spoilers). It will quite likely be the biggest single entry of the CJ both in terms of the number of photo's and quality of content so I hope you like what you see.

Industry & Infrastructure
    Seeing as how I'm working through the industrial heartland of the region it's only fitting that I start with Industry first.

Dresden Generation Station
    You might be asking how many times must I show this place before enough's enough? lol, well these images are a little different then the ones before but more importantly I'm please to announce that I'm planning on releasing this relot on the exchange, so the next you'll be seeing this facility is in your own city. ;)
    V4zCzsF.jpg

i5izKqc.jpg

YkygcTF.jpg

H9VTPNd.jpg
    As is the complex is made from several different modular lots, perhaps 2 dozen different ones in total. So it's going to take me a while to put it all together in one or two lots and it probably wouldn't look exactly the same but I'll do the best I can.

MkdHGg9.jpg
    Eastlea Power Plant
    aeNl8PT.jpg
    Hillsboro TS
    0dSOQWR.jpg
    South Shore Sewage Treatment Plant
    egedebC.jpg

For sneak a peak at some of the industrial facilities I will be showing more of shortly, click on the spoilers below.

Spoiler

Industrial Area C
    DigAHZs.jpg

Bastang Cement Plant
    XZobPps.jpg

The Apotex Refinery in it's entirety
    kh08jJc.jpg

The ICON Smelter/Steel Mill
    RJ8cFvG.jpg

uX2Fu6V.jpg

Highway Interchanges
    It simply wouldn't be an all-inclusive update without showing you my highway interchanges. Here's a fine selection of which for your viewing pleasure ;)

Cisco Bay
    Highway 709/700 Interchange
    t3xSJmp.jpg
    Highway 709/Crosby Ave. Interchange
    jpNYiTU.jpg
    Sky Bridge, southern approach
    BRejsc1.jpg

Dresden
    The Z-change
    xJN8aIn.jpg

The Web
    FDuEL2k.jpg

PSLa3M2.jpg

2YJYnLD.jpg

Looper Junction, Highway 700/702(S)
    HWPfmn5.jpg

cFBbCPZ.jpg

Lindin City
    The Butterfly, Highway 705/709 (:lol:)
    oi9OwCl.jpg

Spaghetti Junction v1.0(NAM 32), Highway 700/704/707
    nE2IHN3.jpg

CDtvFJr.jpg

Spaghetti Junction v2.0(NAM 34), Highway 700/704/707
    u6dczhk.jpg

bLRy1Ks.jpg

yoDzd5B.jpg

nSJgUCe.jpg

Perhaps the biggest spoilers of all, some of the other major interchanges which all together have have taken me hundreds of hours to create.

Spoiler

Calgon
    The Whirlwind, Highways 705/707
    1x5mC7p.jpg

The Transfer, Highways 702/705. A very usual interchange, still a work in progress
    FrTjToh.jpg

5-points Interchange v1.0(NAM 32), Highways 700/702/707
    The big one, bigger than Spaghetti Jct. A 7-level interchange, yes I said seven :) Obviously not a 'true' 7 level(5 is the NAM maximum), this is accomplished through the use of varying terrain levels and tunnels. WIP pic
    DVpujgw.jpg
    The 7 levels can be seen here, actually 8 if you count the one way tunnel at the top :P
    3lnWJKQ.jpg

5-points Interchange v2.0(NAM 34), Highways 700/702/707
    I'm also building another version of this interchange without the use of tunnels(with one exception). Promises to be yet another crazy interchange, the southern approach
    gGLt0EK.jpg
    core section
    rXikqaA.jpg

Astoria
    The Black Hole v1.0(NAM 32) Highways, 702/705 interchange of 2 collector/express highways, western approach
    Qb6niND.jpg
    core section
    gKzp7Ju.jpg
    One of my current in-game projects is rebuilding this interchange to the NAM 34 'standard'. I'm also removing all the underground ramps which necessitates the construction of a true 5-level NAM interchange. It's very close to being fully functional and fully accessible now :) core section
    c5myteN.jpg

Road & Rail Networks
    ICR & Fastraxx rail lines in Lindin City
    FFLwEVY.jpg

nbhgKWC.jpg

Frieght and Passenger rail lines in Dresden
    z0oRfDV.jpg

IPthSD1.jpg

SAlhSXM.jpg

DHrDkO2.jpg

lBDHqUG.jpg

YPtYUFE.jpg

Telecommunications
    A personal favorite of mine, still have plenty of custom BAT's(and relots) to show & release ;)

The Ring of Steel from below
    lboIo98.jpg
    KIRO TV Tower
    6O9LC4U.jpg
    WBNS TV Tower
    D8yw7z9.jpg

Some of the towers yet to come;

Spoiler

An even taller Lattice tower in Central Pretoria, Supertall actually :D
    FK8s8QW.jpg

Radio City, the central telecommunications complex for the entire region. A work in progress, in the final version the towers will be spaced out much more. Apologizes for the low quality resolution, can't show all my cards just yet ;)  But at least it gives an idea of how massive some of these towers are in comparison to a few I've already released.
    from left to right; The Endless White, WBNS-TV, The Octagon, Bell-Cananda, The Rocket, The Pyramid of Steel, KIRO-TV, Russian Style, The Supertall Spire, The Star.
    yrHFZgp.jpg

Skylines
    So far very little in the way of skylines has been shown so far but that will change as I get closer to the center of the metropolis.

Lindin City
    HvX8qvO.jpg

Cisco Bay
    80xM6aQ.jpg

4BfSlng.jpg

Dresden
    1qYySzb.jpg

VHh8EC3.jpg

p9iBQV7.jpg

Click on the Spoiler below for teasers of Central Pretoria;

Spoiler

Downtown Calgon
    tCmqRS4.jpg

U6u5p8S.jpg
    The Medical District
    gFJb8q2.jpg
    Downtown Astoria
    wASTjQm.jpg

k2LkgQb.jpg

ZZiEAIR.jpg
    The Above & Beyond Tower
    l70qqhG.jpg

AHcadNE.jpg

cVoysPN.jpg
    Fin.

I'd love to hear which one is your favorite picture or place and what you are most looking forward to seeing next. Also big thanks to all those who voted on the last poll with regards to the hydro pylon textures, I'll give it one more week before the results are final as it's pretty close right now but it looks like I'll be changing the textures afterall.

*Update 07/08 I've modified the contrast and lightness settings on a number of the images so that the details are more clearly seen.