City Journals

Our community city journals

1. 2qbaj2h.jpg

Time for a new chapter for the CJ of the Bright City, the last one featuring the northern part of Maya Bay. But as usual let's start with your comments, that this time were quite numerous!

Ln X Viva Las Vegas! A good city and a great gambling strip.

The Red Lights District does not have a proper "strip" but yeah, gambling is allowed there!

TekindusT I want to eat in that terrace!

Then prepare to open your wallet because it's not cheap at all! :D

Linoa06 Lovely update! How did you decorate the beach in the last shot?

Thanks! I'm using the modular beach assets you can find in the workshop plus what came with the new tourism specialization  for districts.

SAVAGExPHOENIX I love this CJ. Lovelovelove it! I'm hoping I can figure out why my game crashes when I load it. Probably too many mods/assets (I have something like 1.4GB). Anywho, I'm curious where you got those monster Radio Telescope dishes for your peak? I'd LOVE to have them! :D

Try installing the mods isolated failures and the the AD loading hotfix: I had some crashes too before using them but now the game runs smooth! For the radio telescopes... actually they're not! Search "microwave" in the workshop and you'll find 'em!

mutton noir Great CJ. The work dedicated to planning and executing the build is greatly appreciated and is inspirational.

Wow, thanks!

Cool_Z I noticed the hard rock café in your screenshots... Not that I don't like it, but (unless it was updated and I doubt it was) it's a ressource behemoth. The lod has 17000 tris :ducky:

Honestly I did not noticed at all, I installed it and well... it works :)

dedgren The last pic in your latest update is a keeper.The last pic in your latest update is a keeper.

Thanks a lot. I think the mist adds something special, right?

Before showing you the two new districts I want to share an aerial comprehensive view of what has been shown of Maya Bay till now. As already told it's just the northern part of the whole thing!

If you want to buy a family house and live in the immediate vicinity of the city center there aren't many choices. One of these is definitely the neighborhood known as Signal Hill, that despite being very close to all major arteries of the heart of Aurora still manages to be a quiet and peaceful place for its residents.

The district takes its name from the high telecommunications tower serving the entire bay and dominates the hill. To buy a house here is not for everyone: even if this is not one of the most expensive districts of the cit, certainly is a lot less cheap than the popular neighborhoods that surround it. 

In the district shops and leisure are virtually absent, there are two bus lines that connect it with the rest of the city, although residents can certainly afford one or more vehicles per household!

The most fascinating feature of the neighborhood, as well as having the Red Lights Districts easily reachable even by foot (with all that implies in terms of drinking and saving the taxi fare), surely is the amazing view of downtown skyline you can enjoy even while sitting in the pool or during a picnic in the garden with your friends. 

But if in the evening you don't want to sit at home, taking the car is just a matter of a minute to get into the city!

If you are then asking yourself where the residents of Signal Hill go for shopping, the spontaneous answer can only be in the neighboring district of Hawthorne, that in its streets offers an enviable array of commercial activities.

It's also necessary to cross Hawthorne to get to one of the most important railway and highway junction on the whole city. If you do not know well the city it's pretty easy to get lost here!

And past this maze, to the east the district ends with one of the most unique train stations of the whole region:

Keep followin' and you'll be surprised!

2. Latest Entry

A early-morning drive into town for this trucker, but what a view he has on that lonely highway.

During the day, the city is bright and vibrant. The elevated train has expanded to incorporate small suburbs just east of town.

Though the burbs are small, the highway junction here is one of the busiest in the area (even though the picture doesn't do it much justice).

A new commercial area is springing up just out of town in the mountains. The town's highway connection was too far to be convenient for citizens to use, so construction of a tunnel connecting the northern part of town to the southern highway began.

The connections have reduced traffic on the town's main avenue drastically, and now the town is basically a giant loop around at this time.

The junction was particularly fun to construct because I didn't want to simply lower and raise the railroad tracks. When I build, I try to maintain a somewhat "realistic" view when it comes to transit: it's easier for a car to go up and down than it is for a train. Either way, it provides fun challenges.

I hope you've enjoyed this entry. Please feel free to like and comment. :)

3.           Hi! My name is Mr.Santo today I will write about my trip in Nagano Village & Zoo.It was located in Nagano province and I saw this place from :kitty: 

This is a picture of Nagano Village & Zoo in any seasons and you can visit here all time.

I went to that place through NVR Nagano Main Line.During the way I saw the beautiful outside view from this train.  

This is a NVR Nagano Village & Zoo station.There is a beautiful and modern architecture,including the environmentally friendly.

When I walked out of the station,I will find the famous fountain in the blessings of love.I can't wait to go to visit there.

Then I walked to go a famous restaurant guide from the web for have my breakfast.Which is located at the corner of the street.

I went to the zoo by bus from the city.It's very convenient.

After the bus stopped,I went to buy the tickets at the ticket booth."Advise : If you can't find the ticket booth from the car park you should walk along the canal"

When I had bought the ticket already.I starter traveling,which in this zone A (Endangered animals)

Next is Zone B (Animals)

And the last is zone C (Aquarium).I saw the Dolphin show end around 17.00 0:)

After that I walked to that building to had dinner and watched the high fountain show.

I walked to car park alone and scared.I saw the beautiful park with deserted because it very cold and quiet:ohyes:

I walked to car park very quickly then I went to gold building to bought a souvenir and saw the view of railway bridge.I though the bridge in morning.

After that I went to Zenkoji Arch by bus and walked around the park

Walked to the mesume.

Walk to the shopping mall.I ran out of the money at here. :ohyes:

Finally,I went back to the NVR Nagano hotel by bus it located around train station.Today I'm very tried but it was worth it for this tour.

:rofl: :party::party::rofl:

Next time I will go to Tsukuba Science city.

Sorry for my English

Please comment and let me know what do you think about this. :lol: :lol:

To be continue....

4. Despite being mainly agricultural in the beginning, like all the towns now amalgamated into the Bigger Eden Bay City, as attested by the Agri College, Kathy Vale is now robustly industrial ; the nice quality of life has attracted many High Tech companies in agreement with the green politicies of the city Council. Of course manufacturing is still very much there, as well a some of the old "dirty" industries. But considering the amount of oxygen breathed out by Kathy Vale's greenery, no one has pulmonary problems in the city, that's for sure.

3 Downtown 2.jpg

1.Industry général.jpg

5 Industry 1 w.fields.jpg

7 Industry 5.jpg

8 Industry 4.jpg

10 Industry 2.jpg

Various industry 3.jpg

Various industriy 1.jpg

Recent Entries

Westvalley open`s new Broadcast Tower!Screenshot_17.thumb.jpg.9c4743cf4f7418f5

Leisure District - grows!Screenshot_3.thumb.jpg.c7a1aab49f32e18b8

New Underground Station infront of new Citywide Police- and Fireheadquaters.Screenshot_9.thumb.jpg.be28e9dad80dc95fb

Elevated Subways connected with Underground Station.Screenshot_15.thumb.jpg.1a5b29f9378b0050

Healtcare citywide Hospital for every sim within Wesvalley.Screenshot_25.thumb.jpg.80ab92ae007669b1

Industrie grows fast - garbage aswell.Screenshot_11.thumb.jpg.c95f16db3da743ad

New Water Towers required.Screenshot_21.thumb.jpg.da71c54237e1d3c1

5. title024.png

Hiya, and welcome back to Glenvale!

Dawn is breaking upon Glenvale, but for the city council, this year will be very busy. 

The City Council has led major efforts to clean up parks across town after it was revealed every single one was constantly littered. Flytipping is now a jailable offence.

The Haaler River flows across Glenvale. It goes south, then back north on the other side of the Glenvale Bay, and is a major river in Kingscote.

As for Burbank Bridge, it's over fifty years old by now - well beyond its lifespan. It needs to be rebuilt, and so is being disassembled, bit by bit. 

The project is controversial. In the short term, it involves the destruction of an entire housing estate, not to mention the severing of a major road link. In the long term, there are concerns about a rise in the local council and city taxes. Finally, environmentalists claim the project will have a negative impact on the environment - ironically the Green party is in power, and pushing for construction of the new bridge.

The reconstruction of the Burbank Bridge also involves the construction of a dam. It should generate enough electricity to shut down one nuclear reactor. The dam will also help redefining the banks of the river, including massive land claims downstream and the creation and landscaping of a small lake in the middle of town.

Here's the dam being built...

The dam means water levels will rise by about 9 meters. Some neighbourhoods, especially near Forest Hills, need to be flooded, causing more people to require rehoming.

The one bridge still operational has to cope with twice as much traffic as usual, and a single accident can block the entirety of traffic going in one direction - such as here, where the southbound lanes are all but empty when they should already be jammed. 

At the end of the year, both the dam and new Burbank Bridge are finally complete.

The new bridge has 40% more capacity than the old one, and the dam also provides an extra roadway between north and south Glenvale.

However millions were lost when a wind farm on the south bank of the river was partially submerged after a storm. To political commentators, this picture shows the irony of a Green Party drowning out its own policies in a bid to redevelop the city. Other see the effects of Green Party policies on itself.

The fact is, the creation of the dam ruined the City Beach, and because of budget overruns residents were left with a muddy waterfront. The approval ratings are at their lowest, and the major struggles with constant criticism.

The improved transit times between the north and south sides of Glenvale can barely offset the major's terrible rating.

This is especially true amongst the 1200 people that have to be rehomed after their housing estate needed to be destroyed to make way for the new bridge, or those whose homes were flooded.

Maybe another project can help with the major's disastrous tenure. Do you see it - that big tower in the background.

The other big project of the year is a massive redevelopment of the Stark Tower complex. For years, Glenvale had little in the way of a skyline. Of course, buildings like the Stark Tower were known landmarks, but they were barely visible even from Rochdale, let alone the rest of the area. Glenvale needs something iconic - something that would thrust it to world city status.

The old plaza was destroyed. Along with undeveloped land, a new tower was built : thus, the Marigold Tower was created. The name itself was chosen to resemble another famous tower in Tamriel, the Imperial City Whitegold Tower.

Amazing artwork of the Whitegold Tower in the Imperial City in the early decades of the Fifth Era, about 80-100 years ago. This artwork was meant to be the inspiration behind the new picture, but the final project was deeply modified. (Picture by Lelek1980, not myself)

This is what the Marigold Tower finally ended up looking like. There's a massive restaurant and a few condos on top! While it looks very different from the Whitegold Tower, it is the tallest building in Glenvale - and the five tallest in all of Cathnoquey.

The plaza has been entirely rebuilt, too, in order to meet up with the Concord Plaza and form one single landscaped area. It does seem to work.

Predictably, everyone is moaning. Too expensive, too ugly, too ambitious : the city council is spending money on frivolities while unemployment is on the rise again.

Yet the new tower unmistakably redefines the cityscape, and Glenvale was ranked 7th out of 100 in the authoritative Tamrielic Sights to See classment, published yearly in the Imperial Times magazine. A boost for the economy and for tourism.

Same view a few hours later. From the right of the picture to the left : the twin Commerce Towers, the City Hall / Civic Center tower, the Marigold Tower, the Stark Tower, the Cookie Inc. Tower. In the bottom right, the Chirper Inc HQ can be seen.

View of the city at night. The Marigold Tower will soon be completed and lit up too.

The Briar Lodge lighthouse and the new Marigold Tower in the background.

The toll gate on the M1 motorway has been completed! 

This seems to be a success, and now the city council wants to build more across town - but will the opposition let them?

Meanwhile the State of Kingscote has decided to split its legislative and executive branches. While its executive will stay in Albany, the State Congress has been moved to a new building in Glenvale. For the state government, this is meant to reduce corruption in the capital Albany, as well as to promote Glenvale across the nation - and all of Tamriel.

Yet for some people in Glenvale, life hasn't really gotten easier. The Bluerise Tower might have been replaced by a zoo but what good is it if the poorest classes can't afford to visit it?

The Library Tower now stands as the second-tallest building in Glenvale, but what is it, if not a symbol of capitalism? Many in the city feel betrayed by a Green Party they thought would change things for the better, but who have only clumsily carried out a policy of massive consumerism.

Though many would also disagree, and point out the major is inexperienced yet traffic and environmental issues in the city have improved. And indeed, despite unemployment rising though by just 1% against a national average of 3%, median income has also increased throughout the city and many city services are now either free to the poorest through heavy subsidies, mostly from trade taxes.

In the 3rd year of the major's first mandate, things finally begin to look bright. As soon as unemployment falls again, the major's ratings should go right back up. Well, hopefully. Election's in two years now.

And as part of the celebrations for the city's 160th anniversary, a new ATC tower was built for Glenvale Airport, which is slated to undergo major reconstruction in the coming years.

Manufacture in Glenvale is all but gone, but it is being replaced by an economy based on tourism, services and finances. It's been hard work for many years, but it seems that it's finally paying off for the inhabitants as a whole - even if it ruins some people's political careers.

People may moan and decisions may be clumsily made, but there's some hope really. Hope that Glenvale becomes one of the nation's biggest cities and one known the world over to boot. Dawn has broken, hail the new day.

Hope you liked this entry, please lease some feedback and see you next time!

6. I'm going a bit mosaic mad, but this interchange took me days to get right, so I thought it deserved two mosaics! ( ;) )

Hope you like it!

(BTW: I know that one of the RHW4 was not overridden when I took the mosaics, but that's fixed now!)

Thanks for looking!

7. Latest Entry

islandia stuck on an island with finite resources. boat age.

8. CJ_MASTHEAD.jpg

Central Mookimia: Castle in the Rain

The Central Mookimia District hosts several towns and is bisected by a large, strategic body of water. A rocky outcrop, the Schloßberg, houses a castle. The castle, Katzenschloß, is the seat of power for the district government. And it's pretty cool too. The governor has a home and office in the castle and most government functions for the district are conducted here. The Mookimia Turnpike offers transit connections to the port of Purkeyluo to the north and Franzikoi District to the south as well as direct east-west travel across the region. Doi Agaa is a cluster of homes and businesses surrounding the Schloßberg. Doi Agaa is well known for its famous canine-feline sports event: the Great Squirrel Chase. Cats and dogs compete to see who is best at chasing squirrels up the Schloßberg. Winners get ribbons and all participants get shirts. Of course, dogs will wear shirts. But I wish you luck getting one on a cat! (Most cats will sleep on them though if they are properly placed in the corner of the couch.)

Recent heavy rains have caused many residents to take shelter in the Katzenschloß. There isn't really a flood, per se, but no one likes getting their paws wet. Humanoids have been contracted to put up additional scratching posts so that the feline population will not get bored. Newly elected Mayor Grant Westwill, who defeated Noah Arkbuilder in a hotly contested election, ran on a platform calling for climbable drapes to be installed on every window to give the felines more fun indoor activities. With all of the rain they've had recently, it looks like Grant was a pretty smart cookie after all!
    No umbrella needed when these pictures were taken!

9. Let's Play SimCity 4

Recent Entries

Trust me, guys. I've played SimCity 4 before.

10. Latest Entry

After a hiatus of... well, too long from Simcity, I have decided to crack open some of my very old projects (at least for a time).

So, without further adieu, welcome back...

11. Elmdon

Recent Entries

The next pictures, the old quarter next to the train station :

The start of the university

12. Bedfordale is now a sleeping giant, there are no more plans for expansions for the next few decades.

From a small humble town, to a large and respected city, it's grown with us.

"Bedfordale, the humble town" has grown into "The Many Cities of Boomooderie", we have our own station being built in Jerseyville currently.

We'll be having some special guests on from time to time, we're working on getting Karl Pilkington but that's not important.

What is important is that we thank you all.

And that we keep going.

To new places, to new sights, to new people.

This is Bedfordale, population 80,000.

Oh, and by the by, everyone's least favorite group was dismantled.d7LIYan.jpg It's like it never existed.

13. Illyris

Hallo City-builders! It's been a few weeks since I've posted anything in my city journal. 

I was celebrating holidays with my family on Thursday, and then my brother got into a car accident earlier in the week, so the release of After Dark completely slipped my mind.  I logged into the Simtropolis boards on Friday morning where a banner reminded me of the "After Dark" night lights update. So  I downloaded and troubledshooted with the new update for a good 2 hours, and finally got a chance to play for another few hours.  I also spent a good deal of time Saturday playing and I wanted to do an "update" type entry for my City Journal. 

After some consideration I've decided to rebuild parts of my Sim City 4 cities in Cities: Skylines.  I considered rebuilding both regions I built in SC4, however, I think they serve their purpose where they are in SC4.  At the same time, some limitations such as inter-city road connections in and road flexibility in SC4 don't suit the types of cities I want to build right now.  I'm not playing SC4 at the moment. 

I may go back to SC4 in a few months, but for now I want to spend my city-building time on new cities on the world of Illyris in Cities: Skylines. 

The overall plan is to remake part of my original "Shining Star" region.  This region in SC4 inspired me to build story cities -- this is where it all started. 

The cities with a green check I'm keeping the same, the cities with an orange "R" I will be rebuilding. 

The first re-build will be the Amarian Space Port region, and will much look like this:

Here are some screenshots of what I've been working on this weekend:

I've also had my share of mishaps.  For a day and a half my street-views were completely blurred and distorted:

I hope you enjoyed this entry! Please let me know your thoughts on my photography as I am not the best photographer.  Feel free to "Like" my Facebook page ( as I post updates there and it's easier to post 1 screenshot of what I'm working on when I don't have a full city-journal to share with you all.  Take care and thanks for reading! Have fun with After Dark =)

14. Latest Entry

Given that SC4 won't load from the disc after the Windows 10 update, I turned my eyes to CS for a while. And having loads of fun with it!

15. COMMENT REPLIES:Corigliano (SC4)

kschmidtThanks for the compliment

International Airport of San Foca(SC4)

The airport of San Foca is back on track with a real reboot almost entirely new but well here is the panoramic view of the airport

The airstrips are now 4 and gates are much increased than the old design, but now let's look from the nearby

Between Gates G and H there is an Alitalia hub with plenty of space for "large" maneuvers

One of the modern part of the airport here is another but Hawaiian Air hub

The gate reserved only for the Airbus 380

L' hub per Aeroflot (Putin likes this)

Area reserved for Concorde

American Airlines gate (Donald Trump likes this)

I smell a Silvio Berlusconi and Putin

The new gate of the Airport (ultra modern)

Finally the modern airport entry and highway (style LAX)(overnight)

to finish the next special SYNTHWAVE style.

And with this news bomb, is now closing! See you next week

16. Page22.jpg?psid=1

We just added 19 more cities and a 11.4 million population.  This means there are only 26 cities left to establish.  Education is important here that is why we have 218 elementary schools and 122 high schools, 57 college campuses.  Our fine state has 176 police districts with 460 buildings.   We also have 219 fire districts with 1,116 buildings.  Finally, we have 218 medical districts with the same number of buildings.  If recreation is your cup of tea, each of our 219 cities has a city park.  We also have 141 soccer fields, 14 beaches, 41 zoos, 38 baseball stadium and 48 country clubs.  The Phatathon is a four-stage race that takes place on North bound side of Interstate 91.  The stages:  stage 1 is walking a distance, stage 2 is running a distance, stage 3 is ride a bicycle for a distance, stage 4 is competing in stage 1, 2, and 3.   Stage 1 starts in 158 , 149, 140, 131, and part of 130 totaling 10 miles.  Stage 2 starts in 130, 122, 121, 114, and part of 106 totaling 12 miles.  Stage 3 starts in 106, 99, 98, 91, 84, 83, 77, 71, 64 totaling 19.5 miles.  Stage 4 is for people who walk, run, and finally ride.  The total race is now 41.5 miles.  The winners are Billy Todd [1] Gracie Flatfloot [2] Mike Triker [3] and Joy Smith [4].  The ballot will be the last ballot for establishing the 245 cities of Phatifornia.  The remaining cities that are on the ballot and have not been set will be the last group.  Therefore, your vote is more important than ever before.   The next chapter in our history will be an important chapter,  could be quite a few “Pages to read”.   

Radio program:

Today’s highlighted program is “Phatamento”-the musical

Act 1 Scene 3:

I go to Mikeville Creek  on a Frid'y

By Sattidy I larned a thing or two

For up to then I didn't have an idy

Of whut the modren world was comin' to

I counted thirty  solar buggies goin' by theirsel's

Almost ev'ry time I tuk a walk

Nen I put my ear to a cell Phone

and a strange womern started in to talk

(Whut next, yeak whut)

Whut next?

Ev'rythin's up to date in Mikeville Creek

They've gone about as fur as they c'n go

They went and built 6 skyscrapers at least seven stories high

About as high as a buildn' orta grow

Ev'rythin's like a dream in Mikeville Creek

It's better than a magic lantern show

Y'c'n turn the radiator on whenever you want some heat

With ev'ry kind o' confort ev'ry house is a all complete

You c'n walk to privies in the rain and never wet your feet

(Yes, sir)

ev'rythin's up to date in Mikeville Creek

They got a big theayter they call a Imax

Fer fifty cents you c'n see a dandy show

One of the tallest screen I'd ev'r seen

I could swear that the picture was bigger

From the eighth row up

But latter in the second feature I had to pee

Ev'r thin' looked so real

They call it CGI

(Yes, sir)

The movie went as fur as it could go

State Budget  3,923,335 income  3,468,747 expenses

Projection State Population   12,809,744

Focus City:

Park Central popped out at 146,776 founded 9/27/1853.  Mrs. Laura Cent got enough votes to win the election for mayor.  The city uses 24K, power 144K water, and produces 129 garbage units.  The city is known for a good-sized city park.  They have my elementary, high, and private school and library.  The city provides 5 police stations, 9 fire stations, and my hospital. We also have 33k commercial jobs, and 24k industrial jobs. Park Central has an airport.  We also have a soccer field, zoo, baseball stadium, and country club.  Its zip code is 91932.  Its phone exchange is 510 – 270 – 274.  Our city receives it utilities from City 157.

Phatamento, Casa Quesadilla, Pillsbury Town, Karp City, Wood Vill, Year Hear, Phatidious, Hey Hey, Fletcher City, Worker City, Hair, Rules, Monster City, Jerome,  Kool City, Eighties,Peter Place, Jehosiphat, Mt. Phatta, Atkins Valley, Sam Town, Toasted Towne, Lake Angel, New Springfield, Monder, Maggie Ville, Ben Think’n, East’r, Fresh Towne, Fish’n ,Town, I Coast, Hazard City, EmPhatic, Fort Marzipan, Genesis, Burn Phone, Dersun City, Ted Heights,  Highest, Silver Side, Topped, Ponzi Acres, Cosmosis, Dos City, Mandelbratwurst, Ranger, Peyton Valley, Buckeye, Love,  Wyndough Township, Santa Jilliana, Peek Fork City, InPhanta Real, Pirate Creek, Smart Town,   Slider Ville, Harper, Foot Laker, Carrotsburg, Murkle, Zion, Moxy, Oak Point, Dirkenburg, Quack Valley, Meep Meep, Scootle Ville, Acme Anvils, Chattering Chimpmucksvill, Port Angel, Trilogy, Jolly Towne, Lissy Towney, Spoon Town, New Fudd City, Watermelon Farms, Left Out, Century, Forest Town, Melton Township, Heavenly Hills, Musk Kity Phat’n, Dawg Ville, Foster Vill, Reeseville, West Hershey, Rolo City, Carmel Falls, Gravitation, Rancho Malt, Muki Cyty, Rancho Carroll, San Edo, Golden Rod, Puero Matteo, Hill Town, Dawg Lake, Monster Villa, Hammer, Trufflebury, Phatiform Falls, Hummingbird Haven, Griffith Park City, Bell, Kathryn Kity, Gray Hall, Narducci Township, San Sonata, Knife Vill, Rocky, Clock City, Two Too Town, Cross Ville, Slick City,  Snickersburg,  Glory Acres, Boyes Balloon, YuleLog City, Town O Tinsel, Praying Peace, Coco Lot A,  Grace Point, Bladder City, Colt Cove, Boster, Flights Peak, Rain In, Heinz Town, Zamboni Slick, Carter's Fold, Marklesburg, Yellowbird, Jones Town, Twentysix Cyborg City, Mount Reindeer, Dasher Valley, Vixen Hills, Blitzen Town, Wondrous Gift, Blessed Bounty, Donner Passage, Comet Lake, Angel Bay, Lance A Lot, Tea Party, Frog Valley, Quick Sand, The Peakz, East Range, Voter Ville, Bluebird Nest, Zevende, Cavalier City, New Jack City, Triumvirate Town, Sithalburg, Common Wealth, Birkinfield, Chalmers,  Buckley, Val Valley, The Cryb, Third Town, Apollo, Chocolate Towne, Snow Cone City, Park Central, Mount Tuckajack, Lake Ness, Chupacabra Corners, Wright On, Rummy Ridge, Lawsonville, Mikeville Creek, Hike the City, Fish Head, Hall Town, James Town, and Park South.

North [57] [58] [59] [60]  vote for 3

Central  [153] [154] [159] [160] [161] [162] [163] [164] vote for 7

Southern  [186] [207] [215] [216] [221] [222] [223] [224] vote for 7

Polls close  10/13/2015 12 Noon   Arizona time.

Recent Entries

Note: This is a completely new layout from the original- it quit working after the upgrade. For some fun we will show only night shots.

Welcome back- today we will look at the city at night- its majestic beauty shows better after dark.

Shoreline Drive- Shoreline Drive features a vast area of commerce and a beautiful seaside trail. With lots of places to go 24 hours a day in this city its never dull in this beautiful city. Here we can see people walking along to trail to the right of the image, and cars going down the road. During the day its often crowded, but at night, the coolness brings out more walkers then drivers.
    A residential neighborhood on a sleepy night. Quiet and peaceful, everyone in there little homes, Ocean Valley residents enjoy life in this home, nights are rewarded with cool weather, and the warm sunshine creates a frantic hustle and bustle within this city. As you can see at night people stay in. Why go out if you don't have to right?
    The curvy Warmander Road. In this shot we have just gone over the highway into its central business district. Like along the coast this area is still very much alive in the night.
    same road, different location. Parts of Warmander are straight. The Road curves in and out of different districts, its lined with commerce the whole way, creating a vast area for shopping. This spot is generally a bit more quiet at night as its closer to residential zones then the areas near the highway.
    The layout of the city as seen after dark. The curved overpass is Warmander Road. you gotta look close of course.
    Warmander Road and Seaside Drive are seen in this pic of a vast residential area. Warmander and Seaside are the wider roads as they wind there way through. Coming off of them are many narrow streets. These narrow streets are residential areas, where people sleep in peace in this beautiful, coastal city.

17. Replies:

Yanita Channel: Thank you very much!

takemethere: Well I hope it'll keep going this way!

Hello everybody!!! :ducky:

We are back in Krongans, but with terrible news !!

First I want to apologize for the long explanations that follow, but I had to fully explain you the situation... I tried to make it interesting, and that's a critical moment in the Krongans' history!

As you remember, Jean Simon succeeded to his father in 1931 as Governor of Krongans. With the effects of the world financial crisis, the economic situation of Krongans went very bad, and Simon didn't handle it in a good way, so it gets worse and worse each year. He maintained the same government and chiefs (police, firemen, health system, tax authorities...) in place during these 9 years of mandate so he could have their support for his re-election in 1940, when he presented himself for a second mandate. 

The situation was so bad that actually nobody else was candidate. Krongans was there going for a second mandate of bad management, favoritism, corruption, and all the bad aspects inheritated from the Simon family system, without the good aspects Krongans could see under the reign of Clément Simon.

But the General Wakowzky, who's been nominated by Clément Simon in 1927, didn't really agree with this situation. General Wakowzky was born in a Polish family who arrived in Krongans in 1895, when he was 10 years old. He did his entire career in the Krongans army, and quickly gained responsibilities in the army management. And that's after 27 years of good services that he became General, the highest rank in the Krongans army, and member of the Government.

General Wakowzky is a truly 200% Krongans patriotic, and would do anything to see his (young) country being prosperous. That's why he decided to present himself for the elections of 1940, with the condition of resigning his General functions in case of his election as Governor. But unfortunately, all the voters (the members of the government and chiefs of the police, firemen and health system) were apparently completely satisfied of the idea of having Jean Simon for a second mandate (and the assurance that things won't move too much, in an unfavorable way for them).

Simon was then re-elected for a second mandate, the slums were increasing everyday as numerous inhabitants lost their jobs and money due to the crisis, and were forced to sell their houses; or due to the fact that new migrants were arriving every day from Europe, especially Eastern Europe to flee from what looked like the begining of a terrible war...

The 30th of August 1940, 2 weeks after the re-election of Simon, General Wakowzky sent a heartfelt demand to Simon of resigning his post, for the good of Krongans, which returned refused.

The 6th of September 1940, General Wakowzky sent an ultimatum to Simon, asking again for his resigning, once again refused.

The 8th of September 1940, in the early morning, the entire army is mobilized and barge in the Krongans Government building.

Simon immediately ask the help of the police services to defend the government, and confrontations started between the army and the police. It lasted all the day, with a few members of the Government and Jean Simon blocked inside.

General Wakowzky asked to the unit based in Mid-Krongans to come give a hand in the fights. But they encountered a lot of difficulties on their road, against the Police, and some resistants, pro Simon.

We can see here some destructions in Mid-Krongans.

And now the fights in Krongans City, between the Army camp and the center.

The fights became more and more important, when the 9th of September, as reprisals, the Police services were ordered to put in fire the housing of the Army staff. The housing concerned are these old buildings in the very center of Krongans City.

Progressively, the Police forces rejoined the Army, and didn't forget the decision of Simon just after his re-election to reduce the Police's budget of 20%.

The fights almost stopped after a week, and the chief of the Police resigned and his assistant signed a peace pact with General Wakowzky. This peace pact was signed in the Pennascot Building, a famous skyscraper of Krongans.

Even the firemen demonstrated their approval to the political changements.

General Wakowzky officialy became the new Governor of Krongans, the 20th of September 1940.

Jean Simon finally accepted to resign, and asked for only one favour, to be able to live in the old familial farm he inheritated from his father, one of the last few old farms that still exist in Krongans City. General Wakowzky accepted.

During the following year, General Wakowzky formed a new government, and kept the control of the army. A small resistance tried to cause troubles to the new government, but every "resistant and non-patriotic behavior" was severely punished by the Army.

It appeared that Jean Simon was in fact the boss of a resistance network, given up by a captured resistant, who told everything while he was torturing.

The reaction of General Wakowzky was quick, the 15th of October 1941, the old farm of Jean Simon was integraly destroyed:

All transport communications and networks were temporally closed, until the hunt of the last resistants was not completed. Demonstrations took place in Krongans City, without any reaction of the army, as the General Wakowzky didn't want to become the enemy of the Krongans population.

The 21st of March 1942, General Wakowzky is found dead in his house, probably murdered. His second replaced him, described as power hungry by all the Army management, Alfonso MacWillems, a son of Dutch and Scottish migrants, with almost exaclty the same career than Wakowzky, but not chosen by Simon. The murder of Wakowzky was attributed by MacWillems to the resistance, that were still threatening the integrity of the new free Krongans nation. But some voices suggered that other people than the resistants had also interest to kill Wakowzky, fortunately they get arrested and executed by the Army before their theory became too much famous, following the MacWillems' orders. 

To finish this loooooooooooonnng post (and I'm sorry again about this), here is a view of Krongans City in 1942, just at the end of the Civil War:

Thank you all for watching and see you at the next post !! :ducky:

PS: Nobody knows where is Jean Simon, but rumours say last time he was seen was in his farm just before the destruction...

18. i re-founded the downtown, the simulation of it is about 100 or 200 years old but its not based on actual time built in real life its based on how long it takes me to build it.

Downtown Cleveland 1 (Simcity 4).PNG

19. Latest Entry

A compilation of unreleased images from Guishan.