• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log In with Steam Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account
  •  

Photo * * * * * 8 votes

Jennai | The Name's Poor, Rather Poor

Posted by ThomasSimpson , Jan-05 2013 · 1,076 Views

Posted Image

SC4L0ver: Thanks! You're welcome.

Hazani Pratama: Thank you very much!

Forthwall: Thank you. I really like those trees.

Ggamgus: Just. Thank you. :P

dubaidude303: Thank you, I'm glad you liked the fireworks!

raynev1: Thank you, that's very kind.

Fox: Happy new year to you too, especially for two comments!

Johan_91: Thank you.

Kruness: Haha, thanks! I'm glad you liked it all.

SirLegoZach: Thank you, and welcome to Cattala Sir!

NMUSpidey: Well I'll never reach a million in game. I've done the centre of Celeste and at the moment the region is at around 140,000 yet Celeste is supposed to be around 300,000. But Celeste has lots of parks like your cities!

Cyclone Boom: Thanks, I'm very pleased that you like it. It's always a joy to hear from new fans of Cattala, and I do hope to see what you think of today's work!

Ottoh11: Thank you! It's a shame you preferred the other ones, these ones are much more flexible and actually come up on the rails automatically, whilst the other ones had to be plopped alongside. So I'll probably stick with the new ones.

Efkin: Thank you :)

Posted Image

Welcome to Cattala, and our first 2013 update. I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas and New Year! Now today I'm going to show you Jennai. Of course, I haven't even begun building Jennai yet, as I explicitly said last update. So, here's some countryside outside Jennai: it's Tamer.

Posted Image

The eagle eyed amongst you may have spotted my little lie there. Tamer is in Fieranti, and is north-east of Cydonia. So... if we're in Fieranti, why did I say we were in Jennai...?

Posted Image

Because we are. This is Rene, in Jennai. The actual city.

Posted Image

Rene isn't the nicest part of town, that's why we're in the car with the blacked out windows today. Despite government expenditure on new housing projects to try and improve the housing stock and the lives of residents, this borough remains one of the poorest in the city.

Posted Image

Just yesterday five men were arrested for the murder of a teenager in a gang shooting outside Rene Elementare. With government cuts beginning to bite, it seems unlikely that this part of the city will be turned around any time soon.

Posted Image

Thank you for visiting Cattala today - perhaps next time we'll visit a nicer place? Somewhere sunny, like Santa Cecilia maybe. That would be nice.

Posted Image

• Next Entry »
  • « Previous Entry

Very nice slums! :P

jk, LOL
Lovley use of asian buildings, it seems that they become mediteranian the way you use them ;)
Nice use of the danchis in Cattala! Lovely rural scenes.. Stop making it so over the top. :3
Oh dang! That's beautiful! I see you're beginning to use more plazas now Thomas. They look very nice in the more urban environments :)
Very nice!! I love how you mixed American, Asian and European buildings creating this piece of art. Congratulations!!
Photo
Hazani Pratama
Jan 05, 2013 - 09:57 PM
Very Beautiful city!
Well done! Not sure about the rowhouses tho
I like everything here.
Photo
coolwiththecool2
Jan 06, 2013 - 03:23 PM
Nice job with these! And its funny how the 100th update was almost the first update in 2013, since this on is 98...
Wow even the slums in Cattala are beautiful in their own way. Good stuff Thomas :D
Cattala even makes the poorest areas look good :P Amazing job there :)

About Cattala

Posted Image

Cattala is a small country of 4.2 million people that combines classic Mediterranean villages with British imperial cities. I hope you like viewing my work, and if you have any questions or suggestions, please comment in an update or PM me. Posted Image

Posted Image

You can also find Cattala on the AIN and Sim Mania, and more about the country from its wiki pages.

Cattala's Awards and Accolades

BTT.pngbestofthebestsmall.jpg

Ben's Top Ten 2012

Number 16 on The 2012 Top One Hundred +1

Number 18 on The 2013 Top One Hundred +5

Number One on Ben's Top Ten, 3rd January 2013

People's Choice Awards 

Developer Diary of the Year 2010

Most Aesthetic Developer Diary 2012

Best of the Best

Weekly Edition

Most... in City Journal Section