Simpeg Productions - Farewell

By Pegprod,

Cities: Skylines patch 1.1.1b is out

By Dirktator,

EndCiv: A post-apocalyptic city builder

By star-lord-bucks,

TheoTown - A city-building game app for Android

By Pedjica,

DotCity, a futuristic city builder, minimalist in style, massive in size.

By nathan@dotcitythegame,

SimCity 4 is 78% off on Steam!

By Dirktator,

Introducing the Simtropolis Gallery

By Dirktator,

How Will Wright is turning your life into his next simulation

By Dirktator,

All News
  • From the Gallery

• Recent Posts

• Building Themes Mod (beta released!)
      By schmidtbochum · Posted
      The next themes I want to create: New York High-Density theme Swedish row houses (really looking forward to that one) Edinburgh theme An extension for the european theme, containing all the great row houses on the workshop
    • Better Upgrade Mod: A fix for a broken mechanic
      By schmidtbochum · Posted
      6 reasons why it is a good idea to duplicate assets: The game actually does the same thing: Just watch closely what happens when a European high-density building upgrades to the next level. There is a high chance that you will see the same building. Most european assets appear on all 5 levels. I guess it is the same for the international theme.The memory (RAM and VRAM) is limited: You can not load 1000 meshes with 1000 textures (not counting ploppable buildings). There is also a hardcoded asset limit.The amount of models needed to create a theme: It would take months to model enough buildings for one theme that just contains building of one zone type. Different plot sizes (e.g. 4x4, 3x3, 2x4, 2x2, 1x2), corner variants (straight, corner) and 3-5 wealth levels: 5x5x2 = 50 assetsIn most cases, you can not guess the level of a building by looking at it. Especially not when there are 5 levels. Maybe you can say "low-wealth" or "high-wealth", but that's it.The level up mechanic is not realistic. Let's say you get promoted and earn 500$ extra. Would you demolish your house to build a new better one? Or would you stay in your house?If we don't provide buildings for every wealth level, the economy of the game will break; Educated Citizens living in a low-wealth house that can not upgrade will not get a better job. You will not earn more taxes to pay for the university you built to educate your citizens... 
    • An interested post from a developer on SimCity reddit
      By CapTon · Posted
      I don't know how someone would go about scaling. I know SimCityPak relatively well, and I don't know if that's something that would have to change within the models themselves or if it's an instance for every item in the game.
    • modern NYBT?
      By __B · Posted
      It's over at the SC4D LEX. You need a login.
    • Simcity 3000 OFFICIAL THREAD
      By catty-cb · Posted
      My site has all the SC3 and SC3K official files here http://www.city-builders.info/cbex Currently the manuals are public downloads the other files you need an account ... you can use your facebook login if you prefer
  • Recent Topics

• City Journal Entries