Welcome! And thank you for taking the time to reivew our Rules. These rules are here for clarification and the Staff will refer to them as needed. Reviewing the General Rules, while entirely elective, is recommended.
General House Keeping
Key Point to Remember
- Member Responsibility.
It is the responsibility of each member to read and comply with these rules, which may be updated at anytime. Simtropolis will endeavor to give members reasonable notice of such changes. These rules apply to all forums on Simtropolis.
- Sub-Forum Rules.
Some sub-forums and threads have their own specific set of rules. These are posted in clearly marked stickied topics where they apply.
Private Messages (PMs) sent by the staff will be considered read once the member has subsequently logged on to the site. It is the responsibility of each member to ensure that the registration email address supplied is current and regularly checked.
- Simtropolis Staff.
Administrators, moderators, and chat-operators are responsible for the smooth and efficient running of the site. The staff reserves the right to take whatever action is deemed appropriate in any given situation, regardless of whether there is a specific rule covering that situation or not. If there is a misunderstanding or dispute, then please bring the issue up politely with that staff member in private. In all matters, the decision of the administration is final.
- Prohibited Actions.
img src="http://www.simtropolis.com/forum/public/style_emoticons/default/28.gif" alt=""> It is strictly and expressly prohibited to post or upload:
- Anything relating to the pirating, or copying, of any software game title;
- Anything referring to CD keys or no CD cracks;
- Any content malicious to computer hardware or software, such as viruses;
- Any content that violates another person's privacy;
- Any material that is the work of another individual but is being represented as original. Permission must be obtained from the original creator, and due credit must be given, before including any element of that creator's work in custom content upload.
- Personal Member Safety and General Site Conduct.
Simtroplis is a PG-13 site. It recommended that members do not give out personally identifiable information to anyone else on the site or the internet. There is zero tolerance for the following behavior:
- Swearing (masked or otherwise), offensive, or profane language;
- Any offensive, pornographic, or obscene material;
- Overt sexually loaded comments or content;
- Discrimination against the age, race, gender, religion, ethnicity, nationality, or sexual orientation of another member.
- The personal safety of our members is a primary concern. Any inappropriate or unwelcome attention, harassment, solicitation, or sexually orientated comments or behavior directed towards another member, either publicly or privately, should be immediately reported to a Simtropolis Staff member.
- Inappropriate use of Simtropolis Member Accounts. The following is not permitted:
- Creating or using a clone account while banned;
- Using clone accounts to bump the original users threads, double post, or to otherwise disrupt the forums;
- Creating spam-bot accounts solely for advertising purposes;
- Any username containing profanity (swear words) or other offensive words.
- Smiting by the Bunnies.
Staff at Simtropolis use a range of options to deal with breaches of the site rules. The staff will always endeavor to use the fairest and lightest method available.
- Common Sense Rules.
Common sense rules, like politeness, are not explicitly stated but are still enforced.
Posting On Forums - General Matters
- Formatting of Posts.
Regular forum posts should be posted in the default text size, color and font in most cases. Exceptions include the use of text formatting tools and color for headings and in the CJ section or similar creative posts.
- Religion and Politics.
Discussion concerning religion or politics is only permitted in designated threads in the General Off Topic and Current Events forums. Discussion must be about the issues, not each other.
- Other Websites.
What happens at a different website stays at that website. If a member has a dispute or grievance with another member, moderator, administrator, or webmaster of a website other than Simtropolis, it may not be brought to Simtropolis and discussed here.
- Bumping of threads.
Users may not post within their own thread simply for the sake of making that thread appear at the top of the forum. This is commonly referred to as "bumping". The edit function should be used to add to a previous post. Please do not revive or bump old threads after they have dropped to the later pages, unless there is significant new topical information to add.
- Find the right forum.
Please make an effort to find the right forum to ask questions or post a new topic. Many common questions are answered in the Omnibus. Please attempt to find the answer there first, before posting a new thread. The Live Chat Room is also an excellent place to find help and answers to questions. All threads should use an informative title, that describes the topic or question accurately. “Help me!!!" or "Hey!!!” is unlikely to get many useful responses.
- English, Spelling and Grammar.
Simtropolis is an English speaking forum. Proper spelling and grammar is generally expected. Overuse of net-speak or txt abbreviations should be avoided. 1337 $p3@k will be instantly smitten by the bunnies. Please be patient and courteous with non-native English speakers trying to write in English.
General House Keeping
- Staff Positions.
The site administrators pick only trusted, active, and helpful members to fill vacant positions. Staff positions are never obtained by asking or campaigning for them.
- Simtropolis Awards.
From time to time, members who have contributed positively to the community are awarded with Custom Member Labels, (CMLs), Member of the Month, Trixies, or entry to the City Journal Hall of Fame. These awards are never given out by asking. Actively soliciting for one will virtually guarantee that it will not be given.
Key Point to Remember
- Simtropolis is not a Democracy.
While we try to accommodate everyone, Simtropolis is not a democracy. Think of it as a benevolent dirktatorship.
If you actually read all this, kudos! Please enjoy the community!