Please Note: As explained here, due to limitations in the Gallery software, some Challenge submissions may include a larger version of the same image (e.g. for mosaics).
Before voting, please check in the description and comments section to see if the author has posted one of these. However, it should not be a disadvantage if an author just has the required Gallery image.
Central European Tree Controller
Before voting, we recommend you download and try out this item of content:
This plugin provides you with a tree controller, that allows you to plant large forests consisting of trees mostly created by girafe. On lower altitudes, leafy trees are being planted, and the higher you go, eventually mixed forests, conifer forests, shrubby plains and meadows with flowers will appear instead. Aside from the conifer trees, all plants will be seasonal. As already announced in the Central European Tree Controller - Development Thread, I've been aiming at creating a tree controller that
- basically does what its name says: it plants trees and only trees,
- keeps filesize expansion moderate,
- allows for seamless transitions between god-mode planted flora and MMP's
- and uses high-quality HD flora.
Please make sure to carefully read the installation instructions that come with the Readme before just trying it, regarding which files that come with this plugin you need actually if you want to install the CETC properly.
Do ALL trees -Maxis and 3rd. parties- really influence pollution ?
I started a new city for this purpose. So I built an electricity factory in one corner, some distance away laid several industry zones, some more distance away i put some commercial zones, and still further away and build the residential zones. There a tile free from the zones and the road along one and/or two sides of the zones.
Then I peppered those empty zones everywhere with ALL kind of trees. Then I ran SC4 and let it run for almost three years. Then I checked the pollutions levels and I didn't notice much change. Ergo, my first line.
I've been enjoying Cities: Skylines basically since release day, immensely helped by all the awesome stuff the community created, and felt that after so much taking, it was time for a little giving.
In real life I'm a front-end/C# developer, and in my free time I love to travel and run riot with my camera (and again web developing: recently my travel website went live, a labor of love/vitriolic hatred of 10 years). With that in mind, it's not surprising I ended up creating a mod that goes right after the aesthetics. The result: Ultimate Eyecandy *tadaaaa*
Some more action photo's.
Addendum April 4th, 2016:
I'm making slow but steady progress, not in the least by deciding to ditch a couple of features on my wishlist for a later stage
Most important for the time being is to create a stable and robust base to which future features can be added. What remains are basically the features that are visible in the various screenshots.
ETA for v1.0.0: for the time being unknown.
Wish list (not to be confused with a to-do lost - these are features I'd love to add, but not sure how feasible they are):
- setting to turn on/off building night lights at will, without messing with the actual simulation (based on what I've found so far, the two seem rather intertwined).
- color picker to change the fog color;
- color picker to change air pollution color;
- slider to change the strength of 'ground wetness';
- LUT Creator: apply various settings to a neutral LUT (color channels, brightness, contrast, lightness, etc.) and export/upload the result as a custom LUT;
- a modular set-up: this mod will be the core, and other graphics-related mods can be integrated as 'plug-ins', each with a menu item/tab of their own. Think (orphaned) mods like Dynamic Resolution, BorderCities and/or Ambient Occlusion;
- who knows what else I'll come up with (feel free to make suggestions!)
For who is this mod:
- modelers that want to take screenshots of their assets in every imaginable weather/ambient condition;
- players that like to have control over the environment when making Let's Plays;
- players that love to have a more artistic/photographic approach to taking screenshots;
- players that like to watch their city in different conditions without having to wait (for example until the game finally decides to let it rain);
- anyone else
- Boformer, BloodyPenguin and SamsamTS for making their mods publicly available on Github: I learned tons by just studying their mods;
- AJ3D for helping me to get started and taking my first baby steps in the wonderful world of CSL modding!
If anyone has questions, suggestions, comments or remarks, don't hesitate to let me know! After all, this mod will be for y'alls!
A well-lighted place for the sims to relax, reflect and meet in the inner city.
This is the kind of park that people go to on their lunch break, poets and lovers go to dream, plans are sketched, and profound ideas are conceived. There's a memorial in the center just for the purpose of remembering, and gazebos and fountains among the trees.
Medium Wealth Park 5x5
Plop Cost: 250
Monthly Cost: 90
Air Pollution: -20, 10
Water Pollution -10, 10
Park Effect: 100, 60
Landmark Effect: 40, 20
Power, Water Consumed: 10
Generates pigeons, sim adults, and kids, automata.
Maxis Night Lighting
Recently Browsing 0 members
No registered users viewing this page.