Please Note: As explained here, due to limitations in the Gallery software, some Challenge submissions may include a larger version of the same image (e.g. for mosaics).
Before voting, please check in the description and comments section to see if the author has posted one of these. However, it should not be a disadvantage if an author just has the required Gallery image.
Before voting, we recommend you download and try out this item of content:
Did you ever built famous monuments in your city? Did you watch in front of them and worried something's looking wrong?
Where are the tourists?
Don't worry any longer. Now they come. With busses. And more busses. And even more busses.
Lotting Challenge entry.
Provides lighting, parking, news-stands, food-carts, benches, and pigeons.
Plop Cost: 150
Bulldoze Cost: 80
Monthly Cost: 25
High Wealth Park
Air: -5, radius 5
Water: 2, 2
Garbage: 1, 1
Park and Landmark Effects: 30, radius 15
Transfer here from one route to another. Transit and network enabled.
| _ )_ _ ___ | | ___ ___ _ __
| _ \ || (_-< | |__/ _ \/ _ \ '_ \
|___/\_,_/__/ |____\___/\___/ .__/
City Bus Loop 1 - 3x2.
Plop Cost: 350
Monthly Cost: 150
Landmark Effect: 10,5
Park Effect: 5, 5
Air Pollution: 3, 2
Water Pollution, 2, 2
Maxis Night Lighting
Bus props used from: Glenni-buspack-
INSTALL to folder:
To avoid the 'show us thread ...' to be abused as a development thread I open this one instead. Seems on this project there is a need for this - as I have to learn and the project seems to become a bigger task to me.
"In this case, they are growable, which is clear if you've read the development thread. As for SPAM ready, I'm not sure anyone brought that up, although it would be nice *hint*"
Nope, sorry. These are my plans and it's still a long journey:
1. Non-overriding for triple choice: use Maxis-blocker or FrankU's Maxis replacers or (if you think so) Maxis alongside. In fact, many dependencies I will share with FrankU's farms and I try not to repeat what he already did but to complement his work as good as possible (he sems to like flower fields, I think, so me: less flowers fields etc.).
2. Big set with all CAM stages 1- 7 well covered (-> no SPAM). Advantage: I plan to pack grow stage 1- 3 and 4-7 separate - so you can use a part of the set (1-3) also if you haven't CAM.
3. Changing farm style and field style with growing stage completely. What you see in the posted picture - the south european, mediterranian style will only be stage 1 and 2. Slowly changing to more 'north american/central european' bigger farms and finally on grow stage 6 and 7 to really ugly heavy industrialized mass production.
4. But also - and that's the point why I got into it - having the farm field accordingly to the farms. So the vineyards and lovely things on the earlier grow stages (with the mediterranian style) but to have also farm fields looking like industrial mass production on the highest stages. I want to achieve the same significant visual change as for the cities also for the farms. Idears how the highly industrialized farm fields could look like are welcome. Me thinking about how I can make 'farm fields' not really fields but also some kind of modular industrial life stock farming rows. And well, I got the inspiration by @OcramsRzr , who made me thinking about how different farming looks like around the world. So maybe, if I find suitable stuff - I will do some kind of vertical farming etc. on the highest CAM stages too. But that are all thoughts, idears, so far.
5. If I'm right - there are CAM farms, but no one thought of a concept to use the possibilities of the CAM to redo the farm development through all the 7 stages before.
6. And yes, there will be a hell of dependencies. If I'm lotting, I do it to see all the nice stuff other people created on my lots. Girafe made some nice vines and from the SFBT team there are too nice vines (which I turned into timed props). So two different vineyards -> two different dependencies (and only for those!).
7. I also create and redo timed props partially. I don't want to change the farm fields altogether at March 1. Some change later, some change earlier - so I hope the fields become more natural in the seasonal changing and not like triggered by a fertility goddess that snips with her fingers and -bam! - everything is green.
So all in all - I see a terrible amount of work. And that's why I was disappointed when for almost a week nothing advanced and nothing seemed to work and why I was so glad when you helped me to proceed again.
As I just started this project - any idears on farming are welcome. Even idears like: I wish there was a cannabis farm (but I think there already is). Or stuff you would like to see on farm lots etc.
Hm - I just started to create farms for the first time and running into a couple of issues I don't understand.
1. I made a farm field. The ground texture changes on this farm field seasonally. O.k. - but why? How do I control this - I have only one texture on the lot, from where comes the other?
2. I made some custom farms. They grow and then, after a while a second one grows in midst of the plantation:
Like on the upper right farm - the left one is the farm, and then grew a second one right to it in the middle of the plants. Same on the bottom right - there grew a second farm on the south end in the middle of the plants. Any hints what I'm doing wrong?
Anyone else have the problem of endless busses streaming out of diagonal streets? I don't have any bus stops anywhere near when this happens. My bus traffic graph also shows 0.
For a while I thought this was related to specific lots (NAM curve fillers, Gridbusters etc), but examining for exemplars revealed nada. The common thread seems to be diagonal streets in all cases. However I can also reproduce it easily by plopping PEG Rural Alleys next to streets.
Recently Browsing 0 members
No registered users viewing this page.