Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Constantina

Abandoned Buildings

It dependes on what kind of wealth they are for example: If 2 or more CO$$$ are abandoned probably some RS$$$ buldings will have No Jobs zots So It sometimes affects and sometimes not Chapo1617.gifft>

As far as I know, dilapidated buildings do not cause any decrease in desirability, i.e. a NIMBY effect locally or citywide. They're much more flammable though compared to the baseline rate.

I agree with Peorth. I have never noticed any desirability changes arising due to abandoned buildings! 4.gif

Or maybe because I just demolish them as soon as I spot an abandoned one....2.gif

Yeah, a while ago someone made a mod that reduces buildings from becoming abandoned...  but the mods and downloads section isn't working...

bones1 made a mod that prevented high wealth buildings to develop so frequently (because highwealth buildlings abandon the easiest). Its on the stex

HunterIrked, I think that's the anti-dilapidation mod (or something like that). It's essentially a cheat so I've never used it. 

Like KoolSIM, I usually demolish high-wealth dilapidated buildings (R

if it's just visial just use the bulldozer

dilapilated buildings DO cause a reduction in desiability of the group which abandoned building and DOES decreace the buildings value by 25% (50% if down two stages) which affect tax collection... the worse the jump the greater the factor...R$$$ to R$ would be bad for R$$$'s and R$$'s also, but positive for R$'s...where as a 1 stage drop R$$$ to R$$ would be negative to R$$$'s....but positive influence to R$$'s and R$'s...the old attage birds of feather flock together, the rich like to live next to the rich..med next to med...low with low

I do find that the increase in MT fares quite out weighs any loss in taxes...actually purposely dilapilate stage 8 RES buildings out to suck up all the R$ demand in my region. Hey they look ugly, but hey it's now a slum (ong is 20,000+ sims 1 building KABOOM BABY!)

abandoned building your best bet is just to bulldoze them right away...once abandoned completely their almost impossible to bring back without mods and they cause fires like crazy+50%...lower landvalue 50%to75%...and they pay no taxes whatsoever..three strikes you out...3.gif

when playing a region with already well established cities...most ppl get a surge in R$$$ sims in new cities,special after placing water pipes or whenafter placing something with a high demand cap relief...they move because the city desiability factor is so high (virgin land)  but the city is still to young to support surge of R$$$'s and other factor sink in to them ...pollution, power ,water...jobs and many other factors, rich are so picky 2.gif and then R$$$ slow move out cuz the grass wasn't greener on the other side of the fence...2.gif