Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sydneysider of Melbourne

Highway overpasses with on ramps (how to make them flat)

I'm sure i saw a tutoral on this somewhere but can no longer find it. Does anyone know how to make a highway overpass with onramps that is completely flat? I looked everywhere but my apoligies if this has already been asked (and actually answed).

NB: This does not mean the on slope pieces that come with the NAM. They are great for building overpasses but not ones with onramps.

humm... you should be able to make an overpass for sunken with the on slope pieces and the ramp puzzle pieces... it's as close as you can really get... sunken highways are difficult.

If you mean an overpass where the highway is crossing over another transportation network, you need highway OnSlope puzzle pieces.   These are not yet available, but they will be in the next version of the NAM.

What i meant was the original road overpass that comes with RH. Placing that on a sunken highway and making it flat is really difficult and i suppose impossible. I had a way to make it sort of flat but it looks a bit dodgy because it is sort of bumpy, but it does the job.
And when did you say that new NAM was coming out? It has to be on of the best downloads around.    

u need the mod designed for flat bridges... or slopeless bridges. They work for bridges over water as well as overpasses.

Joerg's Bridge Mod will not help with this. What Sydneysider wants is the game's default interchange structures to lay flat between two sides of a sunken highway. The default interchanges flatten the ground when placed, which is what he doesn't want.

Joerg's mod only deals with the bridges drawn over water, not the interchanges and overpasses that the game ships with. The slope-conforming functions of these are controlled somewhere else.

-Swamper77

The new OnSlope puzzle pieces for highway and GLR need to be checked to make sure that they work properly with all the parts of the NAM that people are currently working on.  It would not be a good idea to release something that then needs to be changed.

Since the subject of Joerg's bridge mod has come up, I should mention that it will not affect the new bridges that will be in the NAM.