Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ginchael

4n6c8tors Unite!

Who here is in (or has even heard of) Forensics? Not the CSI kind of forensic sciences, but I mean speech, debate, student congress...

For those of you who don't know...Forensics is a large organization that spreads across Middle School, High School, and college that pits students against each other to see who is the better speaker or performer. There are events such as Original Oratory, Lincoln-Douglas Debate, Extemporaneous Speaking, Humorous Interpretation, Dramatic Interpretation, and so on.

Our State Tournament was this past weekend, and I took 5th in Humorous. Is anyone else here a forensicator?

Congratulations on your achievement.  Congratulations also on your eye catching title.  Be prepared for a few wise cracks among the congratulations.10.gif

At first, I had no clue what I was clicking on. Even though I've never heard of it, I have heard of something similar called ACSI. I also believe TAPPS is the samething as well. Anyways, I got first in ACSI... but I never went to TAPPS which was just last week because I had to go to my uncle's funeral.

Wise cracks? I can deal with a few wise cracks...10.gif

Thanks guys! There were about 40 competitors at the tournament in my catergory, but the only way a competetor can go to the State Tournament is if they are a finalist in a normal, local tournament. So these were the best in the state!

I've never heard of TAPPS of ACSI, but maybe it is similar...

And finally, a link: The National Forensics League, or the NFL (not related to those football jerks). Here, you can find some articles that will explain Forensics better than I can.

Thanks you guys! Is anyone else on Simtrop involved with either the NFL or the Catholic Forensics League?

Never heard of it...though I have participated in many various public speaking competitions. I recieved 3rd place in state last year for 4-H, First place in district as I have for the past 4 years I believe. Optimist Oratorical contest I went all the way to the Regional competition where I recieved 2nd place...and to be honest...if the judges really knew what speech was, I would have won...but whatever. 3.gif