Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

yugiohfreak9

need help wif new lots

Simplicity itself. Unzip the contents of the downloaded zip file into your Plugins folder which you will find in My Documents/SimCity 4/, and then load up the game as usual and hey presto, there it is.However, you must be aware that some Lots are Ploppable (i.e. you can just plop them anywhere you want), some are growable (i.e. you have to wait for them to develop in your city when conditions etc., are right) and some are Rewards which will only be available when your city meets preset criteria. Oh, and welcome to SimTrop 9.gif

You extract the download using Winzip,WinRAR etc. into your MyDocuments/SimCity4/Plugins folder OR Program Files/Maxis/SimCity4/Plugins folder and they should appear in game. If this doesn't work, the building you are trying to download must be a growable which means you have to zone some Residential, Commercial or Industrial zones and get to the required stage to make it grow OR it could be a reward which means you have to meet some requirements before you can use it in your city. Some downloads have automatic installers in their zip file and if that's the case double click on it to open it and follow the instructions. If the building you downloaded comes with a ReadMe always read it as it contains useful information on how to get the building into the game.

Edit: Welcome to Simtropolis! 39.gif