Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

s313802

No Residential Growth After installing Simgoober's Heliport

5 posts in this topic Last Reply

s313802    0
  • Original Poster
  • Hello, This is my first time posting. I appreciate any help anyone has on this. I installed Simgoober's really cool Heliport in one of my cities and had the crashing problem everyone was talking about about a month ago. For some reason I was eventually able to get back into the city but there was no residential growth after that. The RCI indicated nothing at all for residential growth, neither positive nor negative, and my population remained the same the whole time. This was the case both with Simgoober's Heliport and after I deleted it. I then decided to dezone my entire city and start from scratch to see if by starting over I would get some residential demand and growth, but no luck. Zoned industrial and commercial grow just fine, but nothing happens for residential. All other cities in my region don't have this problem. I'm playing the Deluxe version on a computer that is runnong with a gigabyte of ram, and plenty of everything else, and like I've said, my other cities are doing fine. I have downloaded a lot off the stex, I use the NAM, etc.. This is the first problem I have had that I haven't been able to solve simply through looking through the very helpful forums. I have done a lot of work building the infrastructure of this city and would hate to have to abandon it all together, so if anyone knows about this problem and how I could fix it, I would appreciate it. Thanks.

Welcome to our conversation.

I don't use that mod so I am unable to say definitively if it is the problem. Your post is very difficult to read because it is so run on.

Please break your stuff into paragraphs and make more liberal use of whitespace in future. Very dense posts like this are difficult for people with impared vision like myself.

Did the problem go away when you moved that mod into another directory away from the game?

s313802    0
  • Original Poster
  • Hello N_O_Body, Thanks for your response and sorry for not breaking up my post a little bit for clarity. I guess it went on for longer than I realized. But anyway, the problem didn't go away after I moved the file out of my plugins. As MatrixDJ said, this hasn't been a known issue that I've been able to uncover in the forums, so maybe it is just peculiar to me. It certainly is strange. I fiddled around with it some more last night and had industry and commerce grow even more while my residential zones stayed still. I then plopped a residential "ploppable" down onto some residential zoned land and my population went up a bit for that building. So I have a couple of hundred people living in my huge city now, but still no natural residential growth. So who knows what's going on.

s313802    0
  • Original Poster
  • btw - I just put several spaces in between paragraphs in my last message but it all went together for some reason. 00 00