Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CamDragon

Problem with Custom Files- SC4 Deluxe Updated

Hey, I'm new here, and I've read a lot about how the files work here, but I'm still having trouble. I have the Deluxe Edition SimCity4 updated and registered. Though I heard of 3 updates and I can only find one on the simcity4 website when logged in. What happened is that when I install any mods or custom content, My lots don't represent all the extra props on the lots. Residential areas only display a house and no added props on the lot, just open grassy areas. My plazas, gardens, and parks just become flatten textures practically. What's going on with this?

Make sure you set the graphics settings in game to the highest they can be because after you update your game, the graphics settings reset to low.

On the Lot Editor page of the SC4 website, when you are logged in, you will see 2 files called "Sim City 4 Buidlings as Props" and "Rush Hour Buildings as Props." Download these files as they are very useful and could fix your problem. These 2 files are also referred to as bldg_props1 and bldg_props2.

That is some good advice to follow.  I've had this happen before, but the way to fix it is almost always to check (and fix) the graphics details level in your city.