Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Phoenixjp

Avalon City Journal

9 posts in this topic

Well I started a CJ called Avalon a long time ago, but I found myself too busy and then I got a new system, so here is the new much improved Avalon CJ.

I have pretty much every plugin I download sitting ready for use in my plugin's folder so its pretty hard for me to name all the lot and mod makers so if you see your work in my pics feel free to credit yourself. I can say I used the 'Gated Community' lots as a base for the security fences in the picture. Ty whoever made those 4.gif

Im starting with Avalon Water and Power PLC, so that all the cities on the island of Avalon can get it from somewhere lol. But first a question:

Does this transition from the 'BSC Brick Canal' to 'Oppies Canal Set' look ok, or should I rethink it?

http://img456.imageshack.us/img456/5039/avalonwp16mm.jpg

Here is a better picture of Avalon W&P, the site pretty much has a map to itself right now and will provide most of the island with the energy and water it requires in which case the site may expand or upgrade as new technology becomes available.

http://img360.imageshack.us/img360/8344/avalonwp21hh.jpg

Well I hope to be bringing pleanty of updates as I start to grow the main city, which is where Oppie's canal in the picture leads. I look forward to comments thus far 4.gif

nice job with the canals but i dontthink you need that much water pumps..possibly some pictures of the greater residential(if any yet)areas...

Ty for the reply. Im working on the Main city of Camelot at this moment, the waterpumps are mainly fillers, but also have an advantage in that this one site will be pumping water across the whole region and providing backup power and water to the cities that have thier own. Hence all the substations and water pumps lol. No residential on this map as its all government land, but stay tuned Camelot is coming 4.gif

I just noticed going through the CJs that there is another Avalon lol, and it looks really good, must be a popular name hehe. Ive also just finished Greenfield in the main city of Camelot so be expecting some piccy's soon 2.gif

Ok sorry its been a while, but this is my first time growing a city without shortcuts and cheats lol, so its taking some time, but here is Camelot growing away happily.

http://img161.imageshack.us/img161/1286/camelot11oc.jpg

The East bank that you can see is mainly the Greenfield district named after an early settlement built around the castle you see there. It will hopefully be a medium to high wealth district, leading down to The Shades (yup Terry Pratchett rip off lol) which will be industrial / low wealth projects.

On the west bank I hope to grow a commercial and government centre covering several districts including a palace, government buildings, corporate HQs etc.

Lets hope it all goes to plan lol.

Does this transition from the 'BSC Brick Canal' to 'Oppies Canal Set' look ok, or should I rethink it?quote>

The transition is brilliant- a perfect fortuitous fit.  The water colors (which you have no control over), on the other hand...

From toxic chemical plant blue-green to nuclear power plant discharge blue in the space of a tile is pretty hard on the eyes.  Like I've said before, ST needs a Water Czar to standardize things.

Ty for the comment, it would be nice if all the canals made followed a similar water pattern if I come across a solution to this I'll fix it in time for the next appearance of Avalon Water and Power 4.gif