Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

rickster471

Elevated Trains

Originally posted by: rickster471

Is it possible to drive the elevated trains?quote>

I have not seen that with my game. I use the UDI's to get the rewards, there are 3 trains, and the monorail, but no elevated train.

Oh,only with the NAM?I didnt know that,I thought it had come standard...oh well,good thing I installed NAM early on.

Network addon modd. you'll have to wait for the modds section to be up but it's a really usful transportainon tool

thanks qurlix, i now have the NAM and its running smoothly.

on the subject of NAM, for the GLR do you use the ordinary passenger stations or is there a special station for it?

EDIT: nevermind, I got the stations now. but the puzzle pieces take too long and then the game crashes.

You have to save the stations for last. If you hover a transit-enabled puzzle piece next to a transit-enabled lot (which all of the GLR stations are, by the way), the game will crash. This is not a problem with the NAM so much as poor coding on the part of the programmers at EA/Maxis. As such, there is nothing to be done except to save often and be careful with those puzzle pieces.

With rush hour, you can drive elevated trains without nam. The only thing you can't drive are elevated rail/ GLR trains in the subway.