Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Alkaola

Hi community!

15 posts in this topic Last Reply

Alkaola    16
  • Original Poster
  • Processor      AMD S939 64Bit 3700 BOX 1MB cache
    Memory         PQI Memory 1024 Mb DDR 400 Mhz
    Videocard      MSI ATI RX800-GTL 256 MB PCI-E

you think this is ok ?

i got MANY plugins.. but i'm going to clean it though

Alkaola    16
  • Original Poster
  • Originally posted by: Constantina

I think you exceed the minimum requirements, and I think you should be able to run large cities a little bit better. I hope you enjoy your stay here.quote>

.. i'm enjoying my stay for 2 years... and i still like it  ... thank you 4.gif

you mean a ''little'' bit better?  I want to play it fully smoothly

i have 3.5 gb of plugins 3.gif

but well i will clean it up lol

Alkaola    16
  • Original Poster
  • Originally posted by: tungston

Originally posted by: Alkaola Processor      AMD S939 64Bit 3700 BOX 1MB cache Memory         PQI Memory 1024 Mb DDR 400 Mhz Videocard      MSI ATI RX800-GTL 256 MB PCI-E you think this is ok ? i got MANY plugins.. but i'm going to clean it though

quote>
    Your computer is plenty good enough, although I don't think any machine will run SC4 "perfectly fine" , it has to many flaws. One note: I have seen several members having issues with the 64 bit processor. Once the forums get straightened out you could do a search for those threads to see what they did to overcome the problem. EDIT: did you get your video problems fixed?quote>

Hi tungston ..... what kind of issues ?  I hope not crash issues.. because the system i have now ( a 2 years old 2.6 intel ghz pc) makes my simcity crash every 20 minutes

i just want to get rid of that problem

Well, I have an Athlon64 3200+ (an old 754-pin one), and I have had no problems. My plugins folder is also headed up towards 3GB, and the game runs reasonably smoothly for me even with all of the eye-candy turned on. I think your new machine should be fine. The only time mine ever crashes is when I do something foolish with the GLR tool (like run it over a GLR station).

That system should be just fine. Be sure you have enough VM. Try setting it to 3072MB minimum and 4096MB maximum.

Your plugins will surely wind up on the paging file. If you are running a large tile with lots of pop, the load for the city alone will run about 500MB.

If you really are not using all those plugins, do yourself a favour and move them to another directory until you need them.

WOW thats a lot of plugins I only have about 600mb total, that's of course the plugin folder and not all that downloaded winRAR files which put the total at 3 gigs. Anyways I say the best thing you can do is have ram and even more ram. I found my upgrade from 1.5ddr ram to 2ddr2 ram was a major improvent. I almost got rid of the crashing problem. The game has only crashed once in the last three months. I say get another gig, it may sound overkill but you said you want it to run smoothly and believe me my runs like melted butter.

Alkaola    16
  • Original Poster

• Hi NOBody ... what do you mean  with setting to 3072 mb minimum and 4096 maximum?

Dwayner: I think you got a point.. i think i'm going to do the same thing as you did and upgrade my ram just before i buy the computer

EDIT : Tungston :  No i didn't get the problem fixed, it went even worse... also one of the reasons why i buy a new computer... this one is just old and laggy.. and i just wanna play simcity without crashes and like ''melted butter'' as dwayner says it4.gif
    And also other games i play are too slow ... you know AMD is much better than INTEL if you are a gamer so...

Alkaola    16
  • Original Poster
  • Processor AMD S939 64Bit 3700 BOX 1MB cache
    Memory PQI Memory 1024 Mb DDR 400 Mhz
    Hard disk WD Caviar 160GB-7200 SATA-2 8MB 3j
    Motherboard MSI K8N N4-F S939, G-LAN, PCI-E, SATA-2
    Videocard MSI ATI RX800-GTL 256 MB PCI-E

this was the old one

Processor AMD S939 64Bit 3700 BOX 1MB cache
    Memory PQI Memory 2048Mb DDR 400 Mhz
    Hard disk WD Caviar 160GB-7200 SATA-2 8MB 3j
    Motherboard MSI K8N N4-F S939, G-LAN, PCI-E, SATA-2